Carla Jenkins larger than life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh do shut up defending the money grubber . You're an arse Licker these days since she called you out and you made a grovelling apology!
Geez there's some grumpy bugga's on here !
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, it doesn't all have to be negative for the sake of it šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
I have to say nearly all the you tubers I watch get free stuff . It gets annoying in some cases. And I skip over or turn off.
I have never seen her say send me money . I do see her info at the bottom if anyone wants to send. If people send her money and gifts ,oh well, didnā€™t cost me anything.
I do watch her videos except the Sunday lives. It is so irritating all the hellos and inside jokes. I have a hard time with Lexx. she is annoying.She is so different away from others when she does videos herself. soft spoken and more enjoyable.
I think Carla is a good person taking care of her mom and spending time with her. the kids do seem to help her with the dogs and Anthony has done a lot of projects.
I am impressed at her weight loss and gym workouts. Yeah she eats out, slips occasionally but look how well she has Done. I sure as hell donā€™t have the will power.

I fully expect to be told to wanker off arse licker, what ever you Brits say.
I donā€™t get why if people hate you tube videos people why they continue to watch. If I want my blood pressure raised and to be annoyed by someone I have family for that.
And this is called Tattle Life, not hate and witch on people life. So think it is ok if you want to say something positive.
Have a wonderful day. šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hesitated about posting anything less than glowingly positive about Carla because she does have slightly rabid fanboys and girls and you know, a couple of months ago that would have been me.
Just to explain a bit more about asking for money.
a - she made a specific video with a Buddy update
b - she said people wanted to send money and set up a fundraising site
c - she directed people to Kofi instead
d - she looked worried and expressed her stress about the cost.

Now if you are thick skinned and not particularly sensitive it will wash right over you. But many many people took the hint as shown by a quick look at her account. Also people sending tenners in envelopes etc. Yes, people are free to do whatever they want and no she didn't force anyone but if you don't think she knew exactly what effect that video would have then you are very very naive. My point was to get a tenners in an envelope for Buddy and then quite openily blowing that cash on KFC etc is just wrong. It is wrong and exploitative.

So no, I don't really watch Carla anymore and just wondered if anyone else agreed that she has changed. Who on earth films part of their adult child's GP appt and then posts it online? Oh, but Nat told her she could? Whatever. Bet the GP didn't. Bet you wouldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hesitated about posting anything less than glowingly positive about Carla because she does have slightly rabid fanboys and girls and you know, a couple of months ago that would have been me.

Now if you are thick skinned and not particularly sensitive it will wash right over you. But many many people took the hint as shown by a quick look at her account. Also people sending tenners in envelopes etc. Yes, people are free to do whatever they want and no she didn't force anyone but if you don't think she knew exactly what effect that video would have then you are very very naive. My point was to get a tenners in an envelope for Buddy and then quite openily blowing that cash on KFC etc is just wrong. It is wrong and exploitative.

So no, I don't really watch Carla anymore and just wondered if anyone else agreed that she has changed. Who on earth films part of their adult child's GP appt and then posts it online? Oh, but Nat told her she could? Whatever. Bet the GP didn't. Bet you wouldn't.
I agree, her attitude to money is odd, she keeps saying she doesn't want her subs to send any any yet she constantly hints that they should 'if they really want' via Kofi etc. I am pretty sure she contacts the companies who give her freebies or items to try, what electronics or maker of vacuums etc would have heard of her channel? I can understand high profile YouTubers being approached first but not a minor reseller! She actually has absolutely zero problems with self esteem, she adores herself and that's grand just don't expect monetary gifts from complete strangers, she'll be asking Clairol to fund her many hair dyes next!

Reactions: 9
Oh do shut up defending the money grubber . You're an arse Licker these days since she called you out and you made a grovelling apology!
I didn't read that as her defending her to be honest.

She has TOTALLY changed. I think you might even find that at the beginning of this thread I said how decent and sound she was. My opinion has changed. I used to religiously watch her Sunday morning videos but since she started doing them with Lexx I just can't anymore. Lexx is just not my person!

If Carla dropped Lexx on a Sunday then i'd re-watch again.

I agree, her attitude to money is odd, she keeps saying she doesn't want her subs to send any any yet she constantly hints that they should 'if they really want' via Kofi etc. I am pretty sure she contacts the companies who give her freebies or items to try, what electronics or maker of vacuums etc would have heard of her channel? I can understand high profile YouTubers being approached first but not a minor reseller! She actually has absolutely zero problems with self esteem, she adores herself and that's grand just don't expect monetary gifts from complete strangers, she'll be asking Clairol to fund her many hair dyes next!
Have you noticed that the money envelopes didn't stay around long lol!

Also, who was selling the spreadsheet? Was the Mrs M?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Also, who was selling the spreadsheet? Was the Mrs M?
Yes, it was Duchess Caroline. Apparently Ashley told her she should. This was a couple of years ago mind. She sold quite a few. I was amazed that anyone thought it was a good idea but the reselling community is generous and I don't think anyone said anything.

Reactions: 1
I've had too she's too much and i just think she's a try-hard next to carla. They both are tbf
I think for me its the voices can't she speak normal? Has she got some sort of illness I like her not saying I don't just something odd about her I find Carla more relaxing to watch she doesn't do the annoying stuff with voices and eye bleeping the camera like lexx whats with her weird fetish about getting loads of surgery lately fair enough if you can afford it but its one after another!

I think for me its the voices can't she speak normal? Has she got some sort of illness I like her not saying I don't just something odd about her I find Carla more relaxing to watch she doesn't do the annoying stuff with voices and eye bleeping the camera like lexx whats with her weird fetish about getting loads of surgery lately fair enough if you can afford it but its one after another!
She's only had one surgery to my knowledge

Hope I can join in (waves)
I used to really like Carla and the videos she made from inside her car! I think somewhere along the line she realised she could make money churning out the videos - Carla tries on awful clothes, Carla dyes her eyebrows, Carla cleans out her cupboards etc and it all changed. Everything has to be monetised. It's like her terrible Newton Abbot 'friend' who decided to sell a spreadsheet of what brands to resell to followers which was such shameless money grabbing. These things change all the time and of course that info is out there available to anyone for free.
I have tried to watch her lives with Lexx (who is so edgy she is in her 40s and still lives with her mother) but they bring out the worse in each other and it tries way too hard to be outrageous (fails). Lexx dresses like a Japanese school girl and wanks a lot but is definitely more Mrs Slocombe.

I think for me the final straw has been Carla asking for money. Take the buddy incident (no insurance?) she said something along the lines of 'people have asked if they can do a gofundme but you guys are way too generous and it would end up going crazy but the link to my kofi (?) is below the video and you can contribute there if you want' She knows that people will give. When you think about it, Buddy is her 30yo son's dog who has sod all expenses because he lives in a van (I imagine the neighbours are delighted). To ask for money (yes Carla you didn't explicitly ask for money but you did it all the same) and then show yourself eating out, getting presents you definitely don't need ( a bicycle ffs) and still buying plastic tat from B&M is showing contempt for people whose lives are also a struggle. Where's the accountability? I watch from time to time because it is car crash tv. I don't watch the Bucket woman at all. Take some heart from that Carla - you are still not as annoying as her.

Apologies for first post essay. Must try harder!
Brilliant!

OMG This reseller is loathed in the community . So many resellers are scared of her . She is TROUBLE ! I can't believe she's mentioned on here and so many agree .

• Wow
Reactions: 3
BOLLOX! Loads of people do it. Not only that but why shouldn't they. It's a SHOP selling items at a price they choose. Charity shops aim is to MAKE MONEY FOR THEIR CHARITY

Charity shops were never ever set up for people on benefits!

Don't watch then.
Seriously you lot with this opinion really piss me off. When you donate items to a charity shop do you even give a tit who has it next? I've never given it a second thought. I give to charity shops so the charity can make money and i declutter things that can be resold instead of putting it in a bin.

No......she's defending herself. Which she has the right to do if you are mocking her publicly, anonymously on a website.

Like she says. If you don't like it - switch off and watch something else.

If she was on benefits you'd mock her for that!
At lastā€¦. Someone talking sense. Reselling is a perfectly normal business these days and thereā€™s enough stuff to go round from charity shops for everyone who wants to shop there. People on here have some ridiculous idea that charity shops are for ā€œpoor peopleā€ . If it was only these so called poor people who shopped in charity shops most of them would have gone out of business as resellers spend an awful lot of money in them. Carla is earning a modest living and not having to claim benefits and I fail to see any thing wrong with that

Reactions: 10
At lastā€¦. Someone talking sense. Reselling is a perfectly normal business these days and thereā€™s enough stuff to go round from charity shops for everyone who wants to shop there. People on here have some ridiculous idea that charity shops are for ā€œpoor peopleā€ . If it was only these so called poor people who shopped in charity shops most of them would have gone out of business as resellers spend an awful lot of money in them. Carla is earning a modest living and not having to claim benefits and I fail to see any thing wrong with that
Here Here.

Know of a charity shop that banned resellers overnight one time, quickly reversed the policy when their takings dropped 80% but the damage had been done. Closed within 6 months.
Many others say its the resellers that keep them going, and when you go in you'll never be the only one looking up stuff on your phone. Some aisles there are literally people standing shoulder to shoulder (well, a bit further apart since covid) with their phones out checking prices.

OMG This reseller is loathed in the community . So many resellers are scared of her . She is TROUBLE ! I can't believe she's mentioned on here and so many agree .
im a back seat reseller myself. Dabbled ina. Few live chats etc but Iā€™d love to meet her in the meet up because sheā€™d meet her match with me I can assure her!

youā€™re right though but think she does it subconsciously.

I think she could be her own worst enemy, she doesn't know when to draw the line between wanting to vlog her life and then ranting when viewers comment about it! She's forever trying to make excuses for purchases she's made, meals she's eaten and lifestyle choices, don't apologize and expect your subs to then tell you how wonderful you are! If I hear about her trips to the Dr one more time, you're nearly fifty love, these things happen, why are you shocked. Taking HRT is not the worst thing that could happen , ask Caroline....

• Haha
I have no idea if Carla is loathed or not. I don't loath her. Carla's channel isn't really a reseller one anymore. She gets her stock in bulk so the little charity and car boot 'hauls' (I hate that word so much) are just like someone doing it as a side line. I wonder if Caroline Matthews has advised her about turning her channel more into a 'lifestyle' channel. I have no idea who that would appeal to. I am still struggling with the idea that I used to watch her for entertainment. There was nothing entertaining about her 10 minute (to reach monetisation) balti bowl advert. If you watched that on normal speed and still liked the video then I would respectively advise that you consider your life choices.

I have no idea if Carla is loathed or not. I don't loath her. Carla's channel isn't really a reseller one anymore. She gets her stock in bulk so the little charity and car boot 'hauls' (I hate that word so much) are just like someone doing it as a side line. I wonder if Caroline Matthews has advised her about turning her channel more into a 'lifestyle' channel. I have no idea who that would appeal to. I am still struggling with the idea that I used to watch her for entertainment. There was nothing entertaining about her 10 minute (to reach monetisation) balti bowl advert. If you watched that on normal speed and still liked the video then I would respectively advise that you consider your life choices.
That video would put me off curries for life...why did she have the whole thing in front of her, instead of portioning it out into a smaller serving? Bet she said it was 50 calories and she lost half a stone this week!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That video would put me off curries for life...why did she have the whole thing in front of her, instead of portioning it out into a smaller serving? Bet she said it was 50 calories and she lost half a stone this week!
I went and watched And the contents had slopped all around inside of the bowl . For presentation purposes a piece of kitchen paper would have helped tidy it up a bit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.