Captain Sir Tom Moore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weirdly relieved to see I'm not the only one getting off-vibes from the daughter

The whole thing has turned from him doing a lovely thing, into something that makes me very uneasy

I thought the gin thing was a spoof when I first heard about it :(

Reactions: 15
I must admit I did raise an eyebrow when I saw the BA tweet with the hashtag #captaintomsbucketlist. I wondered which side that was thought up by, probably the travel companies PR and marketing but it did feel a bit off.

Reactions: 11
Weirdly relieved to see I'm not the only one getting off-vibes from the daughter

The whole thing has turned from him doing a lovely thing, into something that makes me very uneasy

I thought the gin thing was a spoof when I first heard about it :(
I wouldn’t be taking my 100 year old dad on a holiday, in the middle of a pandemic, freebie of not. She’s trying to get herself in the spotlight

Reactions: 20
I’m always sceptical when we only hear one side of the story, in the autobiography he wrote, I read an extract and he said how he was in a weird loveless first marriage and then met his second wife when he was in his 40s, and said how his first wife suddenly left him for someone else, without hearing both sides I can’t help but think he’s not as squeaky clean as he was made out to be...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I was a bit surprised that he went on Blankety Blank, I would not have thought it his type of programme.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Cap'n Moore & More, shown below during his Blankie-Blank shenanigans, in a retrospective interview stewarded by his manager-erm, daughter.

Reactions: 3
Cap'n Moore & More, shown below during his Blankie-Blank shenanigans, in a retrospective interview stewarded by his manager-erm, daughter.

It's just all about themselves. It's not about the NHS or advocating for the people who are the real 'heroes' working on the frontline and being failed by government decisions.

Reactions: 4
There was also a 90 year old woman up here in Scotland who was trying to raise money.
This is from part of the article about her effort -

"A 90-year-old woman hopes to climb the equivalent of a Highland mountain by taking repeated trips up and down her stairs, to raise money for the NHS."

On the scottish news I think I heard about her once or twice, meanwhile Tom got the limelight over and over again. Was ridiculous. Not dismissing what he did, but they seem to have made him into some saint, whilst dismissing many other people who also tried to raise money.

I've not watched many interviews with him and his daughter, but has he ever gotten across the point that the NHS is not a charity? Or has that point been swept under the rug?

It really irritated me when people were talking about it, but they rarely mentioned the fact it isnt actually a charity! Of course the government were then continuing the message of "raise money for the NHS"..

Argh, just so many things bug me about this.

Reactions: 19
What about people like this quietly doing charity work for most of their lives...the real heroes IMO

89E5AB6E-0EC9-4C6A-B190-4D96E245F719.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I hate the whole thing. Not him. But I think his daughter orchestrated it. And I think it is bleeping atrocious that money has to raised to help the damn healthcare system

Just jumping in to say.....I am the guy from the tesco ad....I didn't donate😳
I didn't even follow the story tbh, I wear my poppy with pride, I cry seeing all the men & women who fought & died during the wars and I am grateful for their sacrifices but I just thought the hype and the knighthood and the whole thing was OTT and I felt there was something off, so maybe the exploitation theory is what I was feeling from the start.

I think that Tom started off doing his charity walk with good intentions. But then when he started getting media attention his daughter saw £s and started to exploit him.

Reactions: 18
I think that Tom started off doing his charity walk with good intentions. But then when he started getting media attention his daughter saw £s and started to exploit him.
100% agree.

I think it's just horrible tbh, and I'm sick of raising money for the NHS. We pay for it already!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.