Captain Sir Tom Moore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Captain Tom but the daughter was always there and never let him do anything without her. I was shocked when I heard he had another daughter as this one was forever in the limelight.

Reactions: 15
He’s on bbc breakfast again this morning. Great achievement but how many other people raise money for the NHS and don’t get this kind of recognition. If he is being exploited thats very sad.

Reactions: 11
She is a founder of Maytrix Group. I've never thought she did anything wrong. Perhaps I'm just naive.

Reactions: 1
He’s on bbc breakfast again this morning. Great achievement but how many other people raise money for the NHS and don’t get this kind of recognition. If he is being exploited thats very sad.
Was the puppeteer with him? Sorry, I mean his daughter 😒

Reactions: 12
Yes I’ve always got odd vibes off of the daughter too. Loves the limelight a bit too much. I also wouldn’t be carting my 100 year old dad to Barbados in the midst of a pandemic but I’m sure he’s raked in a pretty penny himself for various appearances etc, she strikes me as the sort to have started spending the inheritance early.

Reactions: 20
Yeah what he did was nice raising all the money but let's get over it now
He did a wonderful thing and has had a lot of thanks and praise and a Knighthood but enough is enough I thin he has become a cash cow for many.Sad but not really surprising.

Jetting off to Barbados in the middle of a pandemic is stupid but dragging a 100 year old with you is lunacy, the flight will be stressful in itself.

Captain Tom seems much frailer than he was in the summer.
All the attention and TV appearances have taken their toll.

Jetting off to Barbados in the middle of a pandemic is stupid but dragging a 100 year old with you is lunacy, the flight will be stressful in itself.

He looks noticeably frailer in this picture too. Of course the daughter is all smiles behind him, can’t stand her
Well she's got a nice holiday off him and her husband loos like a right arrogant and smug git

Last edited:
I wonder if Captain Tom doesn’t have much say, probably wants to keep his family happy. I’m not sure I would fly out a 100 year old during a pandemic either. I think he’s being exploited too. They are at risk of turning the nation off him (or the family) at this rate. His fundraising should have been enough to speak for itself, I’m not sure why all the interviews. I can’t help feel like the daughter wants fame and she’s literally wheeling Tom out for appearances to keep the attention on them.

Reactions: 17
She is a founder of Maytrix Group. I've never thought she did anything wrong. Perhaps I'm just naive.
She’s exploited her elderly father for monetary gain. Whenever he’s interviewed she’s always there in the background when she doesn’t really need to because he clearly still has all his faculties.

Reactions: 18
Its ridiculous the Gov had the nerve to praise him so much when he should never had had to do that shite to raise money towards NHS related services anyway. But, it is what it is. Everyone started wheeling their nans & gramps out to do some form of charity raising since.

Credit where its due, but it all goes on too long.

Reactions: 29
Its ridiculous the Gov had the nerve to praise him so much when he should never had had to do that shite to raise money towards NHS related services anyway. But, it is what it is. Everyone started wheeling their nans & gramps out to do some form of charity raising since.

Credit where its due, but it all goes on too long.
The cynic in me says that Cap Moore's efforts have made the NHS look like a charity thus giving the Gov an easy way out of funding it by making us pay for it with donations.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
The cynic in me says that Cap Moore's efforts have made the NHS look like a charity thus giving the Gov an easy way out of funding it by making us pay for it with donations.
I agree, and also it was an excellent distraction from the tit show.

"look at this nice old man raise money for charity while we make decisions you're definitely not going to agree with"

Reactions: 16
I'm so glad there is a thread to discuss him and his family!

I have been sick of hearing about him tbh.

Like, good for him and all, but what about the other people out there who tried to raise money but did not get nearly enough recognition or even media attention?

Plus, the NHS is not a charity, so the fact the government then played on the fact he was raising money for the NHS? They must have been rubbing their hands together in glee.

Then you have the stupid decision to go abroad. Just wtf? During a pandemic?! Why?! I know it was a private plane? But still, so irresponsible.

Good for him for doing what he did, but can we please stop going on about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There was also another 100 year old man walking to raise money for the NHS. It was very sad he didn't get the same publicity. He was awarded an OBE which I heard he was very proud of.

Reactions: 24
There was also another 100 year old man walking to raise money for the NHS. It was very sad he didn't get the same publicity. He was awarded an OBE which I heard he was very proud of.
Tom got more attention because of his military past. He'd never have had all this fanfare if he'd been a muslim grandpa. But Tom is really palatable for a certain cross-section of the UK and brands, celebrities, etc found that they could boost their own image by aligning with his.

What's actually happened is that his efforts - while I don't want to say they were wrong - but the way they have been championed in the press, has led (as others have said up-thread) to the NHS being perceived as a charitable organisation. Charity funded health care is what we had before the NHS and we got rid of it because it wasn't sufficient.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 1.35.29 AM.png

Tom and his family should have been using his interview opportunities to advocate for the NHS but they did not.

Tom got more attention because of his military past. He'd never have had all this fanfare if he'd been a muslim grandpa. But Tom is really palatable for a certain cross-section of the UK and brands, celebrities, etc found that they could boost their own image by aligning with his.

What's actually happened is that his efforts - while I don't want to say they were wrong - but the way they have been championed in the press, has led (as others have said up-thread) to the NHS being perceived as a charitable organisation. Charity funded health care is what we had before the NHS and we got rid of it because it wasn't sufficient.

View attachment 364200

Tom and his family should have been using his interview opportunities to advocate for the NHS but they did not.
There was an asian grandfather doing similar to Tom, but I only saw 1 or 2 news reports on him

Reactions: 17
New to this thread so this may have been asked before, but can I ask a stupid question. I've always wondered if his 'walk round his garden' was just a walk round a normal sized garden, or was his garden wrapped around that huge house we saw on the news? What I mean is, does he live in a small house in that huge building, or is that huge building his house? I don't want to sound facetious but I'm not sure and have always wondered since then? 🤔

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.