Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I never had anything against the guy. Some old bloke walking around his massive garden for charity (well, a publicly-funded national health service anyway): fine. It was the turning of him into a god-like figure that annoyed me, and then the daughter wheeling him out at every opportunity, taking him on a Caribbean holiday (from which he got the covid that killed him if I remember correctly) that was definitely something he really wanted and not something she was into (yeah right). It always felt like something dodgy was going on behind the scenes. Annoying how any criticism of the whole thing was usually met with the same reaction as if you'd climbed up onto a church alter and done a shit during someone's wedding. Hopefully this inquiry reveals the truth.
This is the thing - his family have ruined all the good that Tom did and tainted what he achieved. Like you I had nothing against him, in fact I found it quite uplifting reading about him doing his walking because it was a nice distraction from the rubbish that was going on. It was a feel good story that I think the country wanted at the time.
Now you’ve got his daughter and her husband tarnishing it all trying to make a quick buck and it’s not like they are struggling with money to start with - it’s greed.

I swear if the investigation finds that they’ve been committing fraud or siphoning funds it would make a great film. Who would play Hannah? I’m thinking Olivia Coleman - she’s equally as annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I'm half expecting Hannah to do some sort of speech on Christmas day. I fear she really does view herself as important as our late Queen!

• Haha
  • Heart

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
The council should make the grifting cunt and her obnoxious family demolish that spa building themselves, brick by brick, with no tools. It should also be livestreamed so we can watch and laugh loudly at them.

• Haha

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I look back on the Captain Tom hysteria and still cannot believe how crazy it got. It made me deeply uncomfortable at the time and I still wonder what on earth got into people.

I've never understood that level of public grieving. Only for literally the Queen because she was such a long-standing symbol. Even the mass reaction to Princess Diana's death at the time left me utterly baffled.

catlady29

Chatty Member
This is just about everything I hate about social media encapsulated in one picture...the utter staging of it all...the strategic placement of things, all designed to dupe the consumer into buying into a perfectly curated image...it is sickening, and what's more sickening is the people who fall for these tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Ticked it of hanna - sorry HIS bucket list and then he kicked the bucket. Sorry but the country was in the most dreadful state st the time with people dropping like flies, killed by their own government. How the hell did they get away with this? This family is beyond a disgrace. I hope this follows them for the rest of their days.
Also if he had been taken ill while abroad, that would have been a further burden on the health services there.

The whole thing was outrageously selfish on top of everything else. 😡

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Nope. I followed the rules to keep myself and my loved ones safe. I had the vaccine (no side effects for me and so far have not contracted Covid) but I didn't clap for the NHS as it's virtual signalling par excellence and at the time I thought it was bullshit and still do. I was never taken in by Captain Tom and all the ensuing nonsense. Hannah is to blame, her and her family. Greedy, shameless grifters. My behaviour has got fuck all to do with them.
Same here, I got the vaccine but never clapped, I never gave out about anyone elses behaviour, never cheered for Captain Tom.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I wish BA would get dragged more for the AD's his family roped him into doing for a free holiday. They dressed it up as a bucket list thing, despite him having already been to Barbados.

At the time anyone saying this might not have been a good idea was called a vile troll. The family went to great lengths to blame the NHS for giving him covid rather than the international travel where he was wheeled around for people like cliff Richard to get a photo.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 15.35.03.png

Screenshot 2022-06-30 15.35.17.png

E84Blair

As terrible as HIM is, it was the gullible masses who absolutely lapped it all up.

The way people acted during covid was sheep-mentality at its finest and she capitalized on that. Yes maybe she is a grifter and bad person but instead of wasting time being angry with her, maybe the masses need to rethink how easily led along they all are.

Getting suspect vaccines, banging pots at night like a moron, cheering an old man who walked round a garden, getting angry when neighbour's had a friend over.

Everyone acted so fucking stupidly I think most people should be ashamed of how they acted themselves. They are probably just projecting their anger at Hannah too because she made a complete fool out of a country of fools.

• Heart
  • Haha

Lorelei

Chatty Member
The story is really gaining traction and I genuinely hope this vile couple get their comeuppance. After she pretty much killed off her father, people would jump down your throat for even questioning her motives. Today I keep reading about how people doubted her all along!!! Either way, the important thing is that these people are exposed. I don’t feel bad in saying I hope they lose everything. Will killing her dad over a freebie be worth it???

Attachments

• Heart

RJF 2.0

And to flaunt it all over socials too! 🤬🤬🤬

(This is Nadia, obviously)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I didn’t buy into the hype as I saw through it but didn’t feel I could voice it to anyone as I’d have been lynched at the time. I thought the press coverage was too much.

It made me furious when everybody was locked down and some had to cancel Christmas plans at the last minute as they were moved into Tier 4 but CT and his family swanned off to Barbados.

One of my neighbours had to say goodbye to his elderly mother on a screen and I’m sure it was standard for many others but CT had his whole family visiting him. How is that fair?

• Heart

Lorelei

Chatty Member
The Cap'n & those dreadful singing families are just so symbolic of lockdown brain fodder for the masses.
I think it will be studied in history (if we have any history courses left after this government). How to numb the masses. The death toll was appalling and the media were churning out this shit. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I think it was very deliberate. The reports coming out of Italy and Spain just weeks before we’re mawkish and offensive. Suddenly our death rate skyrocketed and we were clapping and being inundated with feel good stories.

• Heart