Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
And I'm fairly certain that I read on here that when he was in his final days in hospital, they were being allowed in to visit him.
I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those who had to say their goodbyes through windows or screens, instead of being able to hold their loved one's hands. 😔
If they got special treatment because of being 'the family of Captain Sir Tom' that is appalling.

Restrictions were in place to protect everyone as much as possible, why would they get a free pass to do as they pleased! Especially after bringing him to Barbados which was the height of lunacy for a man of his age, never mind the times that we were all living through. 😡
Yep that was me. I had my Grandfather in a ward opposite and we were only allowed 1 visitor. My friend who was a nurse (quit after the BS of covid) said it was a circus with all them in and out.

PALS didn't give a flying F either saying they'd had "alot of positive comments about them caring for him". Well I know 4 families worth who bloody didn't when we couldn't see our relatives who then died alone 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
The replies to that statue tweet are hilarious. Someone’s put ‘he’d probably still be here if you didn’t take him to the Caribbean during a pandemic’

Last edited:
  • Haha

FakeSmile

VIP Member
As far is her former professional reputation goes, I wonder what her qualifications are? Aside from the initial fundraising, the whole marketing and branding has been a complete mess.
She’s a leader in EVERY FIELD don’t you know

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
My dad died last year and I wasn't able to be with him, visiting was still limited to 2 hours a day and I am really heartbroken that I couldn't be by his side. They all acted like they were obeying social distancing at the funeral though, only due to the fact that it appeared to have more television coverage than the Queens funeral!
I’m so sorry. Sadly I know how you feel. My Dad was 2 years ago. We couldn't even visit him. I still feel the guilt that I couldn’t be with him and I know I will live with that guilt until my last breath. From one daughter to another I’m sending you hugs xx

So yes when Hannah’s smug face pops up it pisses me off.
Her tweet should be a post on her personal Facebook page not on Twitter - no one cares now Hannah so please go away!

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
They've made him into a stamp. No stamp of Hannah though.

1648044962152.png

edit: been pointed out to me that he's the only one not wearing a mask, what an absolutely selfish bastard 😅

edit 2: no mention of where the proceeds from the stamp issue are going, looks like this is exclusively Royal Mail's big kerching cash-in, no room for Hannah to scrape anything on this one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not quite sure how the charity commission works. But it reflects pretty badly on them that Hannah and her husband were allowed to be trustees and set up their own limited company to trademark a plethora of trademarks of variations on her dad's name. It's like using the apple or Google tax avoidance stuff to syphon off money.

Then after she stopped being a trustee they blocked her being paid 100k a year for 3 days a week for her to run it but approved her to temporarily run it for 85k a year despite her partner being a trustee. Shouldn't they have got involved much earlier?

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
His very unremarkable military career consisted of him teaching soldiers how to ride motorbikes in India for a bit and then returning home after getting bitten by a mosquito. It doesn't even deserve a footnote in a book, let alone a statue!
Really? They made out he single handedly won the war 🤣.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Heinous bitch who exploited her elderly father. I always got an uneasy feeling about them but was rounded on when I dared to air that opinion.

Sea

VIP Member
They've made him into a stamp. No stamp of Hannah though.

View attachment 1145353
Not aimed at you Kev1974.

I'm sick at all the stamps, we have and are living through covid, I dont want a stamp celebrating the heroes, I don't need a reminder, I have respect for the key workers without a postage stamp.
And FFS let the kids be, they don't need to draw pictures of any pandemic heroes, kids were also heroes with the school lockdowns, masks in class, isolation from society.

Off my soapbox.

I reckon Hannah drew her dad's stamp 😆

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I totally get why some people liked it so much as to what it represented rather than one person. The flypast and pomp stuff can be alluring.

I don't think it was any big conspiracy to dull the masses, there was a lack of news and they needed something to fill it. A long running story with lots of updates is perfect to focus on.

I do find it odd how once people reach a certain age they're often all seen as the salt of the earth lovley people. I don't know sir captain to make any comments on his character. But the 80+ population can't all be salt of the earth types.

Reactions: 21

Lonette

Wow, the woman seems pathalogically incapable of getting through a sentence without inserting "my father" somewhere. I'm actually starting to think she needs help;

Yel

Chatty Member
Just watched the this morning interview, it hasn't aged well; Hannah was keen to say it wasn't an investigation (earlier in the year) and they were only working with them :LOL:

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.49.14.png

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.46.03.png

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.46.54.png

• Haha

RJF

VIP Member
@JeremyClarkson Hi Jeremy! I note you said that Meghan Markle is worse than Rose West. Do you know what I think it worse than Rose West? Anyone who was unkind to my father, Captain Sir Tom. Evil bastards. #tomorrowwillbeagoodday

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Ran here when I saw the headline on ITV Facebook page.
Reading some of the comments I don't think that any future venture she tries under her Dad's name to make herself some more money will work, people are really pissed off.

Anyone know what Piers Morgan thinks? I remember when all this was being pointed out at the start, and everyone who dared to realise they were scamming bastards were called trolls.
I'm thinking it's gone a bit quiet from that corner now....

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I wonder if she would have been if not for her dodgy charity getting investigated? For a while she was at all the high profile stuff during the height of Covid times.

I still can't get over the fact that Captain Tom got that huge funeral and that it was broadcast. Absolute insanity!
This just brought that horrifying Wimbledon moment back to me when she stood up and waved at everyone :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick

FogOfWar

In the same way that Jacob Rees-Mogg is the Upper Class (or at least as was) in human form, she is the absolute personification of Middle England.

• Haha

Lorelei

Chatty Member
Yep that was me. I had my Grandfather in a ward opposite and we were only allowed 1 visitor. My friend who was a nurse (quit after the BS of covid) said it was a circus with all them in and out.

PALS didn't give a flying F either saying they'd had "alot of positive comments about them caring for him". Well I know 4 families worth who bloody didn't when we couldn't see our relatives who then died alone 🙃
It's a cruel joke. Honestly, my blood still boils about so may things that happened during that time. Yes, we certainly saw the best of people but boy did we ever see the absolute worst. And Hannah was definitely one of them. Took her extremely vulnerable, elderly father thousands of miles away when the virus was running rampant all so could she could sit on a beach. And then the red carpet gets rolled out for them!! C*nts!

• Angry

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I think you're all jealous haterz 😉 they've worked hard for their money and deserve everything they did for the nation during the pandemic.

• Haha