Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I just don’t get where there would be any interest for this. Even people who “liked” Tom at the time would have moved on by now. And who wants to actively remember the shit show that was covid anyway.

Reactions: 21

Foxybrown

Chatty Member
How could she justify paying herself £100,000 a year for 3 days work a week? That's actually an embarrassment, ok technically she might not have anything wrong but morally has she no shame her dad will be turning in his spitfire

• Haha

ohannie

VIP Member
I thought the hundred laps was something he came up with himself? Now she's taking credit by saying "the family" challenged him to do it?

He'll be spinning around a hundred times in his grave!

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
When you think of all those volunteers who have tirelessly worked for causes for years, some quite elderly, the tik tokiness, social media/mainstream fuelling of this is pretty sickening.

I meant pre the dodgy findings.
There were other elderly and disabled people doing similar things during the first lockdown but because they didn’t have Hannah’s connections they didn’t get anywhere near the same kind of coverage. When you look at it in that context you realise that Tom wasn’t all that remarkable.

Reactions: 20

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
How dare you! He'd been dreaming of an all-inclusive Sandals resort holiday in Barbados since the 1920s.
Especially a fatal one!
This thread remains comedy gold, funniest one on Tattle.
---
She seemed to want to live like a Royal - tottering around, going to events all over the place, pictures taken for the public image. All under the guise of some 'foundation' pretending it's an actual job. Thankfully it crashed and burned. He was a lockdown flash in the pan and that's that.
She must have been dying for an MBE/OBE, thank fuck she's been shown up for what she is, a grifting power hungry arrogant woman

Jusa

VIP Member
I think this was made clear at the time wasn’t it? I don’t think anyone thought the money was going to the nhs, it was for staff well-being.
I saw pictures of staff rooms being improved and massages etc being provided. Fair enough to me, it’s hard work being an nhs staff member and the quality of their rest spaces can be grim and the pandemic must have been really awful and intense for the them whilst at work. I think charities that improved their working lives during the pandemic were a great thing.
I think at the time a lot of people just heard 'NHS' as opposed to 'NHS charities' and believed they were donating to help save/fund the NHS.

ohannie

VIP Member
I will only watch it if they cast Idris Elba as Captain Tom. He's probably too old to play Bond now, but not old enough that he couldn't play a wide range of ages spanning Captain Tom's life. Come on, Idris!

• Haha

hannahsaurusrex

Good lord, is there any situation in which she won’t shoehorn her dad’s name in?
Can just imagine her on Boxing Day: ‘Belated merry Christmas all, I’m posting late as I had the raging shits because I cocked up Nigella’s Christmas turkey recipe. My father, Captain Sir Tom, was known to suffer the same affliction after a night on the cinzano and lemonades. Please give a gift of kindness this year, much love Hx’

• Haha