Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I noted that dear Hannah appears to have paid up for her twatter blue tick. Probably put it down as a charity expense.
I'm loving this blue tick thing. It's like turning off the lights and finding the grifters are the ones glowing in the dark. Very easy to avoid them now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I remember a relative waxing lyrical about the amazing old man walking for the NHS. I avoid TV at the best of times. In my head a voice was saying "it's all bullshit. You've all gone fucking insane you covid nutters". What with the gruesome (hilarious lyrics 🙄) singing families and people out banging pots and pans on a Thursday night, clapping etc ...the cringing was real. It's weird to think it all happened.

• Haha

Nurseali

VIP Member
Has anyone else said what they got with Tom's money he donated to the NHS?
Our trust got bottled water and stodgy flapjacks , I blame the latter for now being a fat cunt.
Cheers Tom.

• Haha

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
Haha, the carefully staged cookery books featuring Delia and Nigella in colour-coordinated stylee!

Lads, could we be witnessing the birth of a new incarnation of Saint Hannah? Business-leader-Christmas-Wrapper--Homemaker?

Please let it happen!
She already did Chef Hannah a few weeks back... apparently Captain Tom loved her Victoria Sponge cake 🤭

• Haha
  • Sick

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
These people need to be isolated and studied and then we can determine what genes or molecules they have that give them such massive brass necks. I have just cringed so hard that my pelvis has just shot out of my mouth! It's mortifying

• Haha

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
I hated the way they made that holiday out to be a 'bucket list' experience for Captain Tom, to try and justify it. They were an affluent family, could have gone to Barbados any time years before that.
I read in his book that after his wife passed away, he would take various holidays with his family... places like India and South Africa, so it's not like he hadn't experienced travelling the world before.

That holiday was for Hannah.

ohannie

VIP Member
They were talking about this film idea three years ago and nothing came of it, it definitely won't materialise now that even those who were initially interested couldn't care less.

If it happens I want to see a scene where his first wife tells him she has a headache and then he sneaks into the bathroom to angrily knock one out over a photograph of Vera Lynn.

• Haha

Elly

Yet another time Tattlers have been vindicated! It very quickly and very obviously became pretty dodgy but people were angry that we were talking about it.

Should have been left as a 2 minute good news story at the end of the news one day.

I expect the price of sir captain tom bikinis to plummet
It's quite petrifying how much influence HIM managed to get for herself in a short period of time.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Same here. We all had our vaccines, son caught Covid this year before he was old enough to have his second dose, but the rest of the family haven’t caught it. We stayed home and followed the rules to keep ourselves and others safe. Not as we are 🐑 we know of many who have unfortunately lost loved ones.
Hannah is a complete media whore. Hopefully it will all fully unravel now.
I lost my Dad even though we did everything to keep him safe (he caught it in hospital) so to be told I am a sheep disgusts me but I thought it best to be dignified in my response to Judgemental Judy*. If they had to go through what I, and sadly so many thousand others went through, then perhaps they’d have a bit more compassion.
*no offence to any Judy’s on here! 😁

Anyway back on topic… has Hannah been seen at Wimbledon this year? 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
Re Captain Tom's role in the whole thing.

Do you think he sort of 'went along with it', or did he and Hannah actually plan the PR blitz together? He was lucid as far as I could see even at 100, so wondering if he played some role in the planning and perhaps shared some of his daughter's less pleasant personality traits.
I don’t think he was in on the PR, etc side of things but I saw what sort of “gentleman” he was when he spoke so disparagingly about his first wife and their sexless marriage when she wasn’t there to defend herself.

• Heart

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Ian Fleming was in that area around the same time organising counter insurgencies with the CHINDITS.

After the war ended he took inspiration from the characters he'd fought alongside in Burma to create a kind of "superspy" character. The rest is history.

What isn't so well known is that he used to regularly liase and debrief operatives in a super secret hidden jungle lean-to.

One of these was a mysterious captain who was suicidally brave and full of derring do. His exploits with the local ladies were also legendary-akin to Casanova's. This mysterious captain "T" also had the humility of a latter day saint. To an uninformed observer he was just some Spiv chancer from the motor pool back behind the lines.He implored Fleming not to recount his exploits or to blow his deep cover.

After the war ended Fleming figured that the world needed to know about this mysterious and inspirational captain "T" and soon after that "James Bond" was born. Coincidence? I think not.

The family had finally unearthed the supporting documentation after a painstaking 70+ year search but then the dogs ate it sadly.

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Re Captain Tom's role in the whole thing.

Do you think he sort of 'went along with it', or did he and Hannah actually plan the PR blitz together? He was lucid as far as I could see even at 100, so wondering if he played some role in the planning and perhaps shared some of his daughter's less pleasant personality traits.
I don’t think he was in on it grift wise, I think he genuinely wanted to go something albeit with a bit of coaxing from the lovely Hannah.

However the sweet old man tag he was given he was far from the truth I’m sure we’ve all seen how he spoke about his first wife.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I will never understand why I am supposed to care about what she has to say, or indeed what her late father had to say, on any topic.

I will be interested though to hear what is said when investigations into her and her fund raising etc are complete.

• Heart

Lonette

His very unremarkable military career consisted of him teaching soldiers how to ride motorbikes in India for a bit and then returning home after getting bitten by a mosquito. It doesn't even deserve a footnote in a book, let alone a statue!
I had no idea, I thought he was at least fighting on the front lines. That's not to diminish anyone who served that did not, but the hysteria surrounding the man was crazy even if that had been the case. That it wasn't the case at all... why did people lose their goddamn minds so much over this one chap? Including at the highest levels of government? It was all just a big distraction to keep our eyes elsewhere, wasn't it?

Reactions: 19

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I think a big part of it was veteran novelty factor, as there are not many WWII veterans left now...when I was a child in the 90s there were lots, now when you hear of a WWII veteran in the UK you sort of marvel at their longevity and them being a living link to a huge historical event in our country.

Reactions: 19