Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't feel you let him down. It was an awful time.
I work on a palliative care unit and it was truly horrendous having to tell family they couldn't visit. Family who wanted desperately to. I really didn't think this would make them feel guilty as it was not their choice so your post saddens me. I hope you find closure one day and realise that there was nothing you could do. I am positive your Dad knew how much you loved him.
I feel so much anger at the parties our government had that I can't watch the news . Whilst they drank and danced I had to explain why loves ones couldn't have that last moment with their loved one. duck off Boris .
O/T We spoke and said it every day so we both knew. 🥰

This quote!!!

It was Hannah who came up with the OG brand name, when she took what would turn out to be the momentous decision to press release her father’s walk to the local paper. “We’ll call you Captain Tom,” she said, according to her own account. “You can’t do that,” her father replied, again according to her own account. “I retired in 1945!” He would end up being called Captain Tom.
I’m shocked. I thought he’d been called it for years. Wow she’s even more vile than I thought.
Apparently she’s on holiday at the moment. Pic in this article…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel ashamed that I initially fell for it and got swept up in it and donated a tenner to the gofundme 🙈 I immediately started to regret though about a day later when the coverage became relentless and I first saw the daughter milking it.

I hope never to fall for such a grift again.
Don't be, you were trying to do a good thing and it looks like all the initial money went direct, not to any greedy daughters! :)

Reactions: 8
I feel ashamed that I initially fell for it and got swept up in it and donated a tenner to the gofundme 🙈 I immediately started to regret though about a day later when the coverage became relentless and I first saw the daughter milking it.

I hope never to fall for such a grift again.
I don’t think you should feel ashamed at all. It was a very strange time and lots of people all across society clung to the Captain Tom story to try and make sense of things. It was really the only “good news” story of the time.

I think a lot of people took a lot of comfort from giving a bit of money and thinking they were doing something to help a situation which was inexplicable and terrifying.

That’s why I really loathe what Hannah did, she took something that gave people hope at a really awful time and turned it on its head and now it’s a laughing stock (at best) and ordinary people who thought they were doing a good thing by contributing to it, are left feeling terrible and have less faith in the world. It’s sad.
---
New thread https://tattle.life/threads/captain-sir-tom-moore-and-hannah-ingram-moore-6.40244/

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.