Captain Sir Tom Moore #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a bit much isn’t it... I have family in bedford and she knows one of the nurses who was on the ward looking after him. Apparently all of the family members were allowed in to visit and see him and it was like a circus? Double standards?
very sad that he has died after doing such great charitable work but many others have died and have been denied visits from family

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
The only safe space today will be 10-1 on LBC, I can’t see James O’Brien joining in with this luvvie fest. Don’t let me down James!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s like mass hysteria on social media, folks indulging in performative grieving and trying to out-sad one another.

I’m getting a very good idea of what it would have been like had Diana died in the time of the smartphone.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm absolutely certain Boris will 'reward' the country for "When we fought them on Bournemouth and Durdle Door beaches, on the streets of London and in the hills in Wales" (with the Welsh shouting "F off you English twats"), blah, blah, blah and announce a new Bank Holiday called Captain Tom Day. 🤢

Reactions: 12
I mentioned in the other thread that I’m a nurse in ICU. Yesterday I comforted a woman who hasn’t seen her children in 54 days and she finally could see them on FaceTime. Sunday I had to put a man to sleep who had teenagers asking when Dad will wake up. It’s not fair, but if Captain Tom was on a ward (not ICU) then visiting is arranged by appointment only and it’s usually only one or two family members.

however I know my trust would bend the rules because heaven forbid they would refuse this 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I have just been watching GMB and they had Hancock on. I cant stand that smug bleep at the best of times. What i cant understand is it says the money has been used for mental health services and wellbeing rooms, but are those not the services that were shut down due to the lack of funding by the government?
Also his daughter- im glad im not the only one who thinks she looks dodgy.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It’s a bit much isn’t it... I have family in bedford and she knows one of the nurses who was on the ward looking after him. Apparently all of the family members were allowed in to visit and see him and it was like a circus? Double standards?
very sad that he has died after doing such great charitable work but many others have died and have been denied visits from family
Yep I know nurses in the hospital who have confirmed the same. I have emailed PALS for asking for their visitation policy as we aren't allowed to see our relatives, and even when it's the end it's only 1 person allowed so why is this any different? He wasn't in private care he was in the main local hospital whereby hundreds are dying alone everyday. I'm still so angry and if PALS don't reply I will be making a phone call but I'd suspect they have a few emails to get through

• Wow
Reactions: 25
The daughter has turned him into a brand to bankroll them long after he’s gone.
The old man was used for fame and profit in his last year and he wasn’t even aware.

This is just the beginning of brand Tom.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Twitter calling for the British Grand Prix to be renamed in his honour. And for the clap to be worldwide. I just cannot cope with some people. You guys here are my tribe lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Its all in very poor taste isn’t it? And you can’t say anything without being attacked. Thank God for Tattle and this thread.

Reactions: 38
Your Dad dies at the grand old age of 100. What’s the first thing you do? You phone the people who have the potential to line your pockets even more.... Gross.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I've seen posts requesting that Bedford Hospital is renamed after him..... There's already a captain Tom wellbeing garden there but hell rename the whole thing

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Imagine crying over someone dying who you don’t even know. Maybe I’m heartless but I’m sick to the back teeth of it and his daughter is disgusting
And as a scouser I’m gutted listening to that version of YNWA

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Can someone explain how he was selfless? He walked up and down his garden to gain attention to get people to donate. I don't see how that was selfless?
Don’t forget telling people to stay home all while not staying home .

Gosh can you imagine the funeral,I’m sure it’ll be televised 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 24
His version of that song is probably the worst I’ve ever heard. I even said that to my mum at the time and she had a go at me.
Haha, I said that at the time. He can’t bloody sing it in tune.......and I know we’ve had some questionable number 1’s, but that was just awful.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.