Captain Sir Tom Moore #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just put GMB on you would think the Queen has died with the tributes that are going on. It’s a bit too much.

His daughter has been talking to Piers Morgan/Michael Ball etc before they put the statement out? WTF!

This is really unsettling. All the pictures they are showing with his daughter and grandkids loving the attention. I did watch one of his interviews a bit back with his daughter sat next to him and he could barely speak properly, he was so frail compared to the beginning. He should have been left to rest and not be wheeled out for publicity for the daughter all the time 😡

Mod edit
Previous thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
They had the flag at half mast at Downing Street last night. Obviously the other 100,000 people that have died didn’t really matter, but this one made them take notice.
The amount of money he raised was wonderful, but the focus should have been on the terrible state the NHS is in because it hasn’t been funded properly, not him as a person. As far as I’m concerned this whole thing played into the ridiculous British obsession with world war 2, the stiff upper lip etc. It played into the hands of the government when it should have highlighted their failings.
I only found out his whole family went on a free first class trip to Barbados the other day and couldn’t believe it. Even if it was just before lockdown we had clearly been told to only travel if essential. The same people defending it are the same ones (rightly in my opinion) condemning influencers going to Dubai. Don’t get me started on the Captain Tom Gin!

• Heart
Reactions: 105
I didn’t realise there was a thread before and I’ve spent all this time thinking I was the only one who thought something wasn’t right about all this! I too have a bad feeling about his daughter and I think she really let him down taking him to Barbados - I appreciate it was a free trip of a lifetime and that he had all his faculties but I would be doing everything I could to stop a loved one fly across the world right now, not join him.

Im sorry he has passed and I hope he rests in peace, but so many people of all ages have passed in the last year and I would say a high percentage of those did not have their family called in by the hospital and sadly died alone. That will be the hardest legacy of all this for a lot of families. I think they were worried what the daughter would say in a “statement” if they didn’t allow the family in.

I’m giving GMB a wide berth today as Piers Morgan (what a coup that was getting Sir Tom on Life Stories...) went on a massive rant yesterday about Twitter trolls who questioned why he had gone to Barbados, saying they were perfectly entitled to go because it didn’t break any Government rules...imagine if it was Megan Markle or The Beckhams who had gone, we would never have heard the end of it

Attention and publicity I would say - edit to say, apparently Sir Tom and Michael Ball recorded a song together - I managed to miss that too - so I suppose Piers Morgan and Michael may have been his friends. Mrs Skeptismo here is still wondering if she called all his friends or just the high profile ones...
I wonder if the other sister (the one who DIDN’T take him to Barbados) or see him in person in his final days, is at all resentful? I’m very sad that he died but couldn't believe it when I heard he’d travelled there for a holiday, bucket list or not, and surely it was the reason he caught pneumonia and the Covid. Why not just stay safe at home?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The BBC this morning is sycophantic - I am sad he was poorly, and I think he did great things in his life. But can we just stop now? It’s so much. He was the prefect distraction for the government during the last year, I feel sorry for him being wheeled out over and over. Also it’s annoying me people keep saying he raised money for the NHS - no, he raised money for NHS Charities.

Reactions: 53
The thing with Jade Goody was even though she was vile in my opinion, she wasnt even 30 and left two young sons without a mum. That is a tragedy in whatever way you look at it, Tom was 100 years old and had a long, happy and fulfilling life. It’s sad but very few people reach that age. People need to get a grip,

Reactions: 109
You would think the family would just want to go home, and get some sleep and perhaps ring round extended family today. Not talking to the media before he was cold.
I bet anything the daughter ends up on Loose Women, in the big brother house, baking programmes etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Oh thank god I’m not the only one,I was beginning to feel quite evil lol. GMB this morning has been the piers show of course and he’s turned the whole thing into one massive Tom tribute .
Very sad the man died, every death is sad ( my dad died at 56 with cancer) He did raise an amazing amount for the NHS. Inspirational for sure. I did turn off GMB this morning, Piers saying the criticism for taking Tom to Barbados is hurting the family.... I don't know how they ever thought, in a pandemic , that putting a 100 year old man on a plane was a good idea... I am not too happy about being labelled a troll for perhaps having an opinion that thinks maybe he was safer at home. My friends sister is in Australia, she has had a horrific still birth, her parents here in Ireland are desperate to be with her.
Even if there were flights, she has told her mum who has health issues to stay home and stay well and at the first safe opportunity they will all reunite and grieve.
Gmb , this morning (don't watch it) rightly criticising the influencers , cannot with a straight face say taking Tom abroad was a good idea....

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Just put GMB on you would think the Queen has died with the tributes that are going on. It’s a bit too much.

His daughter has been talking to Piers Morgan/Michael Ball etc before they put the statement out? WTF!

This is really unsettling. All the pictures they are showing with his daughter and grandkids loving the attention. I did watch one of his interviews a bit back with his daughter sat next to him and he could barely speak properly, he was so frail compared to the beginning. He should have been left to rest and not be wheeled out for publicity for the daughter all the time 😡
BBC news is the same, you’d think a member of the royal family had died. They were talking about how remarkable his life was, I’m not denying he did great things - but less than a year ago he was unknown!

Reactions: 43
Very sad the man died, every death is sad ( my dad died at 56 with cancer) He did raise an amazing amount for the NHS. Inspirational for sure. I did turn off GMB this morning, Piers saying the criticism for taking Tom to Barbados is hurting the family.... I don't know how they ever thought, in a pandemic , that putting a 100 year old man on a plane was a good idea... I am not too happy about being labelled a troll for perhaps having an opinion that thinks maybe he was safer at home. My friends sister is in Australia, she has had a horrific still birth, her parents here in Ireland are desperate to be with her.
Even if there were flights, she has told her mum who has health issues to stay home and stay well and at the first safe opportunity they will all reunite and grieve.
Gmb , this morning (don't watch it) rightly criticising the influencers , cannot with a straight face say taking Tom abroad was a good idea....
Exactly this!!! But you say this out loud and you’re “trolling” or being heartless and that’s not the case!
So sorry to hear about your friends sister,how utterly heartbreaking and I hope she gets to see her family as soon as possible xx❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
BBC news is the same, you’d think a member of the royal family had died. They were talking about how remarkable his life was, I’m not denying he did great things - but less than a year ago he was unknown!
They’re all crying now watching his song with Michael Ball. I mean... is there not any other news? I’m not heartless, but come on!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
My mother can’t stop crying 🙄 this is the woman who is massively racist, homophobic, transphobic, does not agree with food banks and slates single parent families, (yes she is a c**t) but a 100 year old passes away and she’s devastated! Beggers bloody belief. She’s done nothing but moan about selfish people leaving the country for holidays but it was ok for Captain Tom! I think I’m going to have to take a break from social media and tv for the next few days as it’s going to be unbearable. The virtue signaling is unbelievable.
I think a lot of this plays into the populist, nationalist, pro Brexit, anti foreigner, bring back the Empire mentality.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
His version of that song is probably the worst I’ve ever heard. I even said that to my mum at the time and she had a go at me.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
You would think the family would just want to go home, and get some sleep and perhaps ring round extended family today. Not talking to the media before he was cold.
I bet anything the daughter ends up on Loose Women, in the big brother house, baking programmes etc.
She’s going to be like that girl that slept with Paul Hollywood isn’t she.

If people having opinions make them trolls then is piers Morgan not the leader of all trolls? Doesn’t apply to him and Schofield though

• Haha
Reactions: 40
They’re all crying now watching his song with Michael Ball. I mean... is there not any other news? I’m not heartless, but come on!
I can't listen to that song because it makes me cringe laugh (involuntarily 😬), does that make me a witch? It's the luvvie style production of the song, Ball, and the (bless him) weak voice of Tom together that I just can't listen. When that song came out that's when I knew it had gone way to far.

Does that make me evil, probably 😬 Songs like that make me want to claw my eyes out 🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
It's all a bit much now.

Yes, he did a fantastic thing, yes he had a great life, yes he shouldn't have gone out to covid. But he was dying anyway due to underlying chronic health problems. Of course it's sad he died but it was imminent. His death is sad, no doubt.

But it's getting sycophantic now. The amount saying they are devastated and have to have a day off work and that we should have a day of mourning and whole programmes being dedicated to it. It feels like we're supposed to be mourning as a nation. If he was this supposedly humble man, he'd be quite embarrassed by the whole thing. And the daughter phoning Piers Morgan before she probably told family. Jesus.

I can understand being really upset by a public figure dying if you've been a lifelong fan and they had a big influence on your life, but this is a bit silly.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
His version of that song is probably the worst I’ve ever heard. I even said that to my mum at the time and she had a go at me.
Thank goodness someone else thinks the same.
I'm not a fan of quickly cobbled together charity singles anyway because they are generally bad to listen to but this one is something else.

Reactions: 24
Another reason to cancel the TV licence!

Reactions: 14
Can someone explain how he was selfless? He walked up and down his garden to gain attention to get people to donate. I don't see how that was selfless?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.