Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know what TV show she was supposed to present? (Latest insta post)
rochelle humes has a documentary coming out about BAME mums and birth and Labour I’d put money on it being that....I’d much rather see Rochelle if it is that, she’s more relatable and recently had a baby boy

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I wonder how many people really reached out to her? There was no need for Candice to make this about herself she should instead of used her platform to direct her followers to Rochelle to her more info on the documentary if that’s really what’s most important to her

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many people really reached out to her? There was no need for Candice to make this about herself she should instead of used her platform to direct her followers to Rochelle to her more info on the documentary if that’s really what’s most important to her
One of the things that I noticed about her the more she got a platform was that she rarely signposted onto others, she used to do that a lot at the beginning and then as time went on it hardly ever happened, even though there were Black women campaigning/researching into important areas that she could have raised awareness about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
rochelle humes has a documentary coming out about BAME mums and birth and Labour I’d put money on it being that....I’d much rather see Rochelle if it is that, she’s more relatable and recently had a baby boy
Black mums*

But yes I bet that's it. It's a shame because wasn't CB's book actually based on her experiences of having a traumatic birth?

Nothing against Rochelle but there are plenty of other black women working in this space that perhaps should've gotten the gig (not just CB).

Not sure how she's more relatable? I get that she's a celeb and very attractive but still...

This reminds me of Leighanne from Little Mix fronting a documentary about colourism. Again, nothing against the gal but given how rife colourism is within communities, why couldn't a dark-skinned Black woman have got the job?

Both of these instances underscore the sentiments expressed in CB's IGTV.

One of the things that I noticed about her the more she got a platform was that she rarely signposted onto others, she used to do that a lot at the beginning and then as time went on it hardly ever happened, even though there were Black women campaigning/researching into important areas that she could have raised awareness about.
Sadly that's really common among people when they get a platform. It's almost as if they don't want to share the limelight...

Ahh the perils of influencer fame...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Black mums*

But yes I bet that's it. It's a shame because wasn't CB's book actually based on her experiences of having a traumatic birth?

Nothing against Rochelle but there are plenty of other black women working in this space that perhaps should've gotten the gig (not just CB).

Not sure how she's more relatable? I get that she's a celeb and very attractive but still...

This reminds me of Leighanne from Little Mix fronting a documentary about colourism. Again, nothing against the gal but given how rife colourism is within communities, why couldn't a dark-skinned Black woman have got the job?

Both of these instances underscore the sentiments expressed in CB's IGTV.

Sadly that's really common among people when they get a platform. It's almost as if they don't want to share the limelight...

Ahh the perils of influencer fame...
You’re right it is about Black mums, I only half read it this morning if I’m honest when I saw Rochelles post. And I suppose I put more relatable thinking more of me watching than others lol cos I like Rochelle.

Reactions: 5
That new bathroom is dreadful. Tile trims around the niche butted up and not mitred so will be manky in no time. Slithers of tile everywhere showing the proper planning wasn’t done before laying the pattern out. And despite her comment about spending pennies on the shower it looks like cheap shite that will fail within 18 months and start rusting with all the gold coating chipping off. Makes me laugh that the post of her revealing her new bathroom has the actual bathroom blurred out 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That new bathroom is dreadful. Tile trims around the niche butted up and not mitred so will be manky in no time. Slithers of tile everywhere showing the proper planning wasn’t done before laying the pattern out. And despite her comment about spending pennies on the shower it looks like cheap shite that will fail within 18 months and start rusting with all the gold coating chipping off. Makes me laugh that the post of her revealing her new bathroom has the actual bathroom blurred out 😂
I don’t understand the technical stuff but it does look horrid. Large tiles are cheaper to lay tho & I’m guessing she found someone not so good to do them :( it looks like when you go to a Turkish and someone in the family must do bathrooms cos the whole gaff has those big tiles everywhere??

I’ve never seen a free standing bath pushed against a wall tho

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The gold taps, shower head, towel rail etc looks awful and acky. Bathroom also seems quite odd with the rest of the place. She said she was going for a victorian look. it's a new build!

• Haha
I don’t understand the technical stuff but it does look horrid. Large tiles are cheaper to lay tho & I’m guessing she found someone not so good to do them :( it looks like when you go to a Turkish and someone in the family must do bathrooms cos the whole gaff has those big tiles everywhere??

I’ve never seen a free standing bath pushed against a wall tho
Another Instagrammer has a free standing bath that's pushed against the wall and she has used a sealant to fill the gap, looks awful. It's going to be a nightmare to keep it clean under there.

The gold taps, shower head, towel rail etc looks awful and acky. Bathroom also seems quite odd with the rest of the place. She said she was going for a victorian look. it's a new build!
She's literally picked victorian looking suite and put "gold" taps and legs on. Found it quite easy online 😂

Can't believe she didn't know to go and look at them in person though 🙄

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I would love a free standing bath but I don't have space...so I am looking at a fitted bath.
That bath Candice has looks so odd, there isn't space for it to free stand so is squashed into a corner with a hybrid combination of free standing but fitted in the corner.
It really looks terrible. The shower head is over sized for the style of bath. It needs to be in a beautiful walk through shower.

She has designed it for the house she wants not the house she has! Added to which it is about looking rich rather than making choices that are quality.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She's saying the job was pretty much hers regarding the documentary. Wonder why they changed their mind?
One thing to note is at March 2020 she had very little broadcasting experience. Since then she has done bits and pieces for the Lorraine show and stuff, it’s quite possible she’s just... *not very good*?! Giving an absolute amateur an entire show to present is a big risk surely? Especially in Covid times when things presumably need to be filmed quickly and economically. If she needs multiple takes at it, she’s not going to be top of the list. Think whatever you want about Rochelle, but she’s a very experienced broadcaster and presenter, it could just be she was genuinely the better person for the job!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Probably because how the hell are you supposed to properly clean behind it? It’ll be filthy and mouldy by the time they come to sell
I think the bath has a flat edge at the shower end and curved at the other...not that it makes it any better 🙈 it’s not my cup of tea, all of the gold is different colours and then the toilet flush is silver. I looked up the shower head too and the handle part was around £800 on its own

• Wow
Reactions: 3
One thing to note is at March 2020 she had very little broadcasting experience. Since then she has done bits and pieces for the Lorraine show and stuff, it’s quite possible she’s just... *not very good*?! Giving an absolute amateur an entire show to present is a big risk surely? Especially in Covid times when things presumably need to be filmed quickly and economically. If she needs multiple takes at it, she’s not going to be top of the list. Think whatever you want about Rochelle, but she’s a very experienced broadcaster and presenter, it could just be she was genuinely the better person for the job!
And Rochelle has just had a baby too. I sometimes feel that Candice thinks she is guaranteed everything because it would be racist not to without consideration as to whether she is any good at something.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just to add, there is a ratings game at play too. Rochelle will have the backing of the This Morning viewers and publicity too!

Reactions: 11
Just to add, there is a ratings game at play too. Rochelle will have the backing of the This Morning viewers and publicity too!
She is dull as dishwater. Absolutely dull dull dull. History of pimping aside, I think CB would have been good at this as I believe she would have been able to step right into the participants shoes, having experienced very similar herself.

I think the bath has a flat edge at the shower end and curved at the other...not that it makes it any better 🙈 it’s not my cup of tea, all of the gold is different colours and then the toilet flush is silver. I looked up the shower head too and the handle part was around £800 on its own
Paired with Victorian plumbing shite everywhere else. My pet hate is different finishes. If you’re going for a “look” then commit to it fully.

Also the floor tiles, whilst nice on their own, are not Victorian. And don’t go with the style of suite. Nor do they suit the wall tiles which are more modern again. Total mismatch in my opinion