Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like Annie Mac so itā€™s a shame to see her promoting Candiceā€™s book on her Insta Page and just dismissing any legitimate criticism as ā€˜mummy blogger trollsā€™. No mention of Candice being a pimp and telling blatant lies though šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Annie has a new podcast to promote.
Was disappointed to see this too plus Irish writer Louise Oā€™ Neil was also singing her praises.

Wasnā€™t Annie M also on Modā€™s birth stories? Awks.

Reactions: 4
Sheā€™ll post about it tomorrow I think, she wouldnā€™t taint her publication day.
Disgusting. And surely we arenā€™t the only ones not to notice?

The brutal murder of that poor man and she chooses to flaunt her new book and story drinking a bottle of bolly. Chav

Still nothing in the subject - I don't get it!!!!
Me neither. Particularly as she is SO vocal about this usually.
Like others have said though, sheā€™s got more pressing matters, such as banging on about how amazing she is and asking Alex who she is šŸ˜³

Reactions: 1
She must have a publicist/agent nowadays... why doesnā€™t she caption her stories?! Does she have any concept that the VAST majority of people are watching them on silent and skipping through?!

Reactions: 5
I imagine she doesnā€™t bother because can you imagine how long it would take her to caption the amount of waffle that comes out of her mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve been listening to her audiobook. Currently sheā€™s upset because she has to buy a secondhand bugaboo from gumtree.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Iā€™ve been listening to her audiobook. Currently sheā€™s upset because she has to buy a secondhand bugaboo from gumtree.
I really dread to think how she's falsely representing her rise up out of the brothels by simply "manifesting" money. It's amazing she didn't start with that one before pimping other women out tbh.

Reactions: 10
She must have a publicist/agent nowadays... why doesnā€™t she caption her stories?! Does she have any concept that the VAST majority of people are watching them on silent and skipping through?!
Iā€™m so pleased it isnā€™t only me that does this. I never listen to stories with audio actually on.

Sheā€™s too caught up in her own ā€œsuccessā€ to worry about literally anyone else or any of the issues she considers to be the be all and end all in life.
I'm all for calling out Candice for her inarticulate dribble and obsession with money. But be careful with what you say. Unfortunately these issues ARE the "be all and end all of life". At least to POC. Demonstrated by what is happening in the US just this week.

It was a bit of a strange story, it was in a chapter about finances and why managing money is harder for black people. The bugaboo bit was explained by saying black women need to work extra hard to appear presentable or like good mothers, so she needed to have the buggy as a status symbol. Even if they had to skip meals to pay for it. There was a whole bit where she feels the seller was racist towards her which was clearer to understand.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything that unusual about buying things secondhand, and have brought quite a few things for my baby on Facebook marketplace. Maybe Iā€™m just cheap :ROFLMAO:

Also, the recording is 5 hours long which seems surprisingly short. It must be a very slim paperback.

Last edited:
  • Haha
It was a bit of a strange story, it was in a chapter about finances and why managing money is harder for black people. The bugaboo bit was explained by saying black women need to work extra hard to appear presentable or like good mothers, so she needed to have the buggy as a status symbol. Even if they had to skip meals to pay for it. There was a whole bit where she feels the seller was racist towards her which was clearer to understand.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything that unusual about buying things secondhand, and have brought quite a few things for my baby on Facebook marketplace. Maybe Iā€™m just cheap :ROFLMAO:

Also, the recording is 5 hours long which seems surprisingly short. It must be a very slim paperback.
That's interesting. I'm a white working class mum and I don't think I've ever looked at what prams other mums have. I literally couldn't give a tit šŸ˜… I just went for the cheapest most sturdy looking. (I'm not being dismissive here I just genuinely find it interesting how people perceive things differently.)

Reactions: 7
Also remember that it was Ā£300 Gucci shoes bought on a whim that brought down MOD as she said that Candice played the race card when called out on saying she was in debt but still spending Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ on shoes

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.