Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's got a massive chip in her shoulder because all of the black guys weren't fawning over her when she was a teen, she said this in the past. According to her it was because they went for lighter skinned black women,but just maybe it was because she was an attention seeking moron?

I just had a look at the source that CB was quoting and she sounds like an absolute whack. Her and CB could co host a talk show together - her doing her online tarot readings :rolleyes: and CB doing tiktoks - neither of them bringing anything to the table.
As a POC myself I get the sentiment, light skin is always considered beautiful and the thing to aspire to, BUT to say that black men will only find healing in committing to only taking dark skinned black women exclusively as friends, partners, baby mothers etc is not only reductive, but incredibly insulting too. Where is personal autonomy? Are dark skinned black women there for the purpose of healing black men's racial complexes? I can do better than that, thank you.
I wonder how her friend Kelechi (who is with a white guy) would view this? Or maybe it doesn't apply to women, only men?
I can confirm that person is a ‘whack’ as well.

Reactions: 3
The book isn’t doing that well, those are some really niche charts she’s ranking relatively lowly in (#16 & #48?). Would love to see where it ends up ranking week 1 as that’ll be most the project’s sales done and dusted I imagine 😬

Reactions: 3
I keep looking for reviews of the book but it looks like none of the newspapers are interested in reviewing it, erk.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I keep looking for reviews of the book but it looks like none of the newspapers are interested in reviewing it, erk.
I’ve been keeping an eye out too, although I don’t know when the Times/ST review in terms of publication dates? It could be in this weekends paper!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
CB is monetising her skin colour through her appalling writing, something she would judge a white person on. Slow hand clap.

Reactions: 16
So she has over 5k of people on her block list and 59k followers. Nearly 10% blocked. Just imagine pissing off 10% of the people you meet or as she says not breath or having the right photo!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wasn't sure whether to laugh or complain to the university that is supposedly citing CB's book as part of a master's recommended reading list. That is seriously worrying.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I quite like Annie Mac so it’s a shame to see her promoting Candice’s book on her Insta Page and just dismissing any legitimate criticism as ‘mummy blogger trolls’. No mention of Candice being a pimp and telling blatant lies though 🤷🏼‍♀️
I wonder if a complaint could be made to the BBC, her employer, about this?

Reactions: 4
I work with a charity that helps women exit prostitution. I'm raging that this woman is getting this publicity when she used to exploit other women.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I work with a charity that helps women exit prostitution. I'm raging that this woman is getting this publicity when she used to exploit other women.
Oh come on now, stop being such a mummy blogger troll 🙄 Have unfollowed Annie because this annoyed me too.

Reactions: 6
Usually she would be shouting about the murder of the poor American man. 🤷‍♀️
She’s too caught up in her own “success” to worry about literally anyone else or any of the issues she considers to be the be all and end all in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For someone so vocal about discrimination, it’s telling she doesn’t bother to caption her stories.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.