Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so sad for Lizzie and her whole family. It must have been a great comfort to her to have known her mum would be there for her children after she dies and it's tragic that is no longer certain 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Oh god..... this is absolutely terrible. 😓 💔 How has her cancer gone this far seemingly so quickly? As if Lizzie hasn't got enough to contend with.... I genuinely don't know how she's functioning...
I was wondering this and how it was not picked up at the initial diagnosis or if it metastacised after? Either way I goggled the odds on spine mets and all I can say is I really wish them the best.

Reactions: 2
I was wondering this and how it was not picked up at the initial diagnosis or if it metastacised after? Either way I goggled the odds on spine mets and all I can say is I really wish them the best.
I mean if she's been under the same medical teams as Lizzie I'm not very surprised!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It's very possible she had micro mets at diagnosis but which weren't visible on scans , so was already metastatic

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hoping for the best for Dilly but it feels like these next few remaining weeks should be more private

• Heart
Oh god..... this is absolutely terrible. 😓 💔 How has her cancer gone this far seemingly so quickly? As if Lizzie hasn't got enough to contend with.... I genuinely don't know how she's functioning...
Some forms of cancer can be quite aggressive and spread quickly.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Are there any updates on Lizzie and her mother? I've been thinking of them and how desperately cruel it all is.... 💔

• Sad
Are there any updates on Lizzie and her mother? I've been thinking of them and how desperately cruel it all is.... 💔
She was at the Marsden yesterday and said she thinks they’ll hear next week if there’s anything they can do. She hasn’t said anything more about her mum that I’ve seen.

Lizzie and the kids have gone to Wales with Taylor, who was doing a triathlon today.

Folk are really good at posting updates and I’m sure that’ll continue

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think the marsden won’t have anything for her. And it’ll be one horrible race against time for her mum and her as to who goes first. July marks the anniversary of her secondary diagnosis im sure - 4-5 years?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She went to the Marsden at the beginning of the week and managed to get the expensive blood test done. Then she was recalled to the Marsden last minute on Friday because they wanted more blood tests. It was unexpected because they were going to Wales for her husband to do a triathlon and she said they had to detour 200 miles to go to Sutton!
It would seem that she is being considered for something at the Marsden - hence the recall. Fingers crossed for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She went to the Marsden at the beginning of the week and managed to get the expensive blood test done. Then she was recalled to the Marsden last minute on Friday because they wanted more blood tests. It was unexpected because they were going to Wales for her husband to do a triathlon and she said they had to detour 200 miles to go to Sutton!
It would seem that she is being considered for something at the Marsden - hence the recall. Fingers crossed for her.
Thanks Warrior - I absolutely cannot be relied upon to remember all facts at the moment, even if I’ve seen the stories!

• Haha
Her bloods may have been inconclusive hence why the recall. If they looking at trials they have to be so spot on. I know someone who was put towards a trial they have 4 lots of bloods to be able to tick everything off and then still got turned down as her magnesium was lower than it needed to be 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yes whilst I’m hoping there is something out there trials are so hard to get on and then they are trials so don’t always work out. So very sad. However I think where there is life there is hope so I’m keeping everything crossed and I’m glad she has that little bit of hope atm to keep her going.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes whilst I’m hoping there is something out there trials are so hard to get on and then they are trials so don’t always work out. So very sad. However I think where there is life there is hope so I’m keeping everything crossed and I’m glad she has that little bit of hope atm to keep her going.
Oh definitely you will try anything. Giving up is never an option in my mind unless you know physically it's undoable x

Reactions: 1
I’m going to disagree, I think giving up is actually a very valid thing to choose. Our society frames life/death as a battle and couches it in language like ‘battle’ ‘fight’ ‘give up’ etc but actually, they co-exist.

I think they valuing of existence over everything means we push and push to keep people alive when maybe we shouldn’t.

Lizzy is currently well, I understand feeling the need to extend that. But there are plenty of times where treatments cause weakness which cause infection which then get treated but can’t be overcome fully and leave the person battling horrific infections alongside their cancer. Sometimes it’s better to say “I’ll have the rest of my days fairly well till the time comes” than “I’ll spend my time on IV antibiotics, sometimes not lucid because the infection keeps screwing my blood chemistry, mostly tired and confused about what’s happening to me”

I‘m not saying either option is wrong or right, I’m not having to make that decision so it’s fine for me sit here saying that stuff. But i also think valuing our continued existence over limited time actually living sometimes does us a massive disservice.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m going to disagree, I think giving up is actually a very valid thing to choose. Our society frames life/death as a battle and couches it in language like ‘battle’ ‘fight’ ‘give up’ etc but actually, they co-exist.

I think they valuing of existence over everything means we push and push to keep people alive when maybe we shouldn’t.

Lizzy is currently well, I understand feeling the need to extend that. But there are plenty of times where treatments cause weakness which cause infection which then get treated but can’t be overcome fully and leave the person battling horrific infections alongside their cancer. Sometimes it’s better to say “I’ll have the rest of my days fairly well till the time comes” than “I’ll spend my time on IV antibiotics, sometimes not lucid because the infection keeps screwing my blood chemistry, mostly tired and confused about what’s happening to me”

I‘m not saying either option is wrong or right, I’m not having to make that decision so it’s fine for me sit here saying that stuff. But i also think valuing our continued existence over limited time actually living sometimes does us a massive disservice.
The thing is with cancer, you don't get very many "well days" once it's processed this far. People blame the treatments for what the cancer does sometimes. The health profession already take this into account and will not offer treatment to someone, even a trial, when it's not going to do anything. She has 3 young children, she is going to do what she can to get another few months with them in a good state, she's not delusional.

Reactions: 3