Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could never understand why NNL was on the children's ward..so wrong! So they'd have been young children being treated in an area with an adult patient 🤔 for children's safeguarding, how on earth was that right.

She was at The Guildford Hospital I think. That's a pretty decent hospital..its a lottery on the NHS.
---

I never heard her podcasts. I did hear her say on a TV interview she had issues, symptoms, blood in poo for a long time before doing anything about it. I'm sure she saw someone when the symptoms were quite severe and she was loosing weight..if you had health anxiety then surely you'd have got checked out much earlier.? Especially having private healthcare.

That statement on the podcast was no doubt a wishy washy statement to cover up her having fully private and top class care. I've had private care for several issues. The relationship between patient and Consultant in my situations has been far more personable and communicative than on the NHS.

I don't get why people like her say they didn't think it would be serious..non of us are invincible. Cancer and all sorts of nasty diseases happens to babies and children, why wouldn't young adults get it.

When I was 24 I had a breast lump. My gp said highly unlikely anything sinister, but, it can be in a small per centage.
Yeah it was really early on and after that never really spoken about, she got such top class care and I always felt she should have been much clearer about the fact she was a private patient. I had zero issue with that, she had health care cover, but, her reality was not the normal.

Reactions: 6
Absolutely disgusting that a nurse delivered that news to her and they waited for her to turn up expecting chemo to do it 😔 I Absolutely realise this is probably the most realistic option for her, to stop treatment but at least from her side of the story, her team have failed her over and over
The absolute crush she must have felt is awful. I can't imagine anything more cruel!

Something I really can't wrap my head around is, she's my age. It just feels so incredibly unfair that I'm sat here, healthy and she has 3 kids and is in her situation. It just feels so cruel.

I'm hoping so much that they can give her some options. Just something. It's awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The absolute crush she must have felt is awful. I can't imagine anything more cruel!

Something I really can't wrap my head around is, she's my age. It just feels so incredibly unfair that I'm sat here, healthy and she has 3 kids and is in her situation. It just feels so cruel.

I'm hoping so much that they can give her some options. Just something. It's awful.

Desperately sad. I'm praying so hard for her..she's had the shitest ride her entire time of cancer. I'm sure they didn't even diagnose her correctly to begin. There was an area outside of the breast a bit iffy she was told she had whatever stage but not stage 4. Then a couple of years on that area was confirmed as stage 4..lizzi always felt it had spread.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah the update was that not much has really changed - the consultant thinks that even private options won’t help her but they are exploring other avenues. She brought up the fact that she felt cheeky if she had to set up another go fund me because she knows she’s already had a lot of money off people. She shouldn’t feel that way though when there are other people named on this thread setting them up when they are driving 100k cars and living in 3-4 million pound houses.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Some screenshots for those blocked, but yes above poster summed it up. Think she's looking for second opinions. I know it's often the case, but shr looks so well, not like someone who's been told they're at the end of the line. You can feel her frustration. Awful situation.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She also mentioned that the cancer has got worse in some places so she’s having some more palliative treatment but there’s a concern it’s gone into soft tissue because of the pain she’s been having. I also can’t believe she’s so poorly inside when she looks so well on the outside. It’s really cruel watching what she is going through

• Sad
Reactions: 12
And she has had referrals sent to the Marsden, Oxford, and Cambridge for trials, and had the money for the expensive blood test. I just hope she has time. And hope her oncologist doesn't purposefully slow things down.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
And she has had referrals sent to the Marsden, Oxford, and Cambridge for trials, and had the money for the expensive blood test. I just hope she has time. And hope her oncologist doesn't purposefully slow things down.
Would an oncologist do that?

I really hope she at least gets something. Even if it's being given a second opinion to say nothing more can be done. At least she'll have explored all avenues then!

Reactions: 3
Would an oncologist do that?

I really hope she at least gets something. Even if it's being given a second opinion to say nothing more can be done. At least she'll have explored all avenues then!
Who knows, they didn't send the referral to the Marsden for 3 weeks!

She's very openly talking about the certainty of dying now and it's heartbreaking. I'm fairly new to Lizzie and haven't seen her upset before.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
As a stage 4 patient myself, my heart just breaks for her...
While I am on my first line of treatment, it scares me for further down the line....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Who knows, they didn't send the referral to the Marsden for 3 weeks!

She's very openly talking about the certainty of dying now and it's heartbreaking. I'm fairly new to Lizzie and haven't seen her upset before.
The referral may have been late sending because of numerous reason and not just because the oncologist/consultant hasn't sent it off.
We all need to remember that consultants and other professional work to rules and there's lots of red tape to go over before any agreement can be given! Her oncologist may want to fight the world for her but if the trust and the bosses say no because it cost to much it comes down to them I'm afraid!

Reactions: 11
It sounds as though they have only just gone off. If I was her I’d pay privately for a second opinion from the Marsden. She would be seen quicker. As to whether there is anything out there I don’t know, it sounds unlikely. She would however at least know everything that could have been /has been done. Her cancer has never played ball, it has always reacted poorly to chemo. Lizzi talking about her babies 💔 So very sad.

Reactions: 5
Talking about the impact her death will have on her children just breaks my heart. Apart from losing a child, it’s a parent’s worst nightmare. 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm just in awe of her. She's just so amazing in how she's dealing with it all. I have loved following her since my diagnosis in September but it breaks my heart to know I'm coming out the other end of treatment and she's not going to get that. It's so unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Her stories today are heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. When she spoke about Teddy taking Buzz’s ashes to bed and how it’s ’easier’ for her as she has just to die, other people will have to pick up the pieces.

She said her Oncologist told her that these referrals had very little chance of coming to anything (she does private and NHS work). I think it would be comfort - very small though - knowing that avenues have been explored. And there’s palliative radiotherapy to target the area she’s been having pain in (where her femur meets her pelvis). No more chemo for the foreseeable.

We know she used to read here, maybe she still does and that’s where the GFM mention came from. Who knows. She’s got the money for the blood test and she said she’d cross the bridge of a third GFM when she comes to it

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Was in tears listening to Lizzi's story this morning..personally i think I'd even pay for a second opinion at The Marsden. Her hospital / Consultant care hasn't seemed great all along. At least taking yourself off its a proactive positive move and may help with the head fuckery..

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Was in tears listening to Lizzi's story this morning..personally i think I'd even pay for a second opinion at The Marsden. Her hospital / Consultant care hasn't seemed great all along. At least taking yourself off its a proactive positive move and may help with the head fuckery..
Me too. I really hope she does, just goes and books it or says to her oncologist I’m paying, refer asap. Just for her own sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've followed Lizzi a long time. Always liked her. Feel absolutely devasted for her and her young family. Just so bloody cruel, she is a formidable absolutely amazing woman how she's coped with what has been dealt her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10