Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there any news on Lizzi and has she had her scan results back? ❤
Yeah she's just said this morning that no spread to organs, she just has a very fatty liver. Although she's been loosing weight and having gut issues she said so been referred under the 2 wk pathway and has an appt tomorrow, she was sent a kit to check for blood in her poo and lo and behold, there's blood in her poo 😪 her mum gets her results this aft too.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah she's just said this morning that no spread to organs, she just has a very fatty liver. Although she's been loosing weight and having gut issues she said so been referred under the 2 wk pathway and has an appt tomorrow, she was sent a kit to check for blood in her poo and lo and behold, there's blood in her poo 😪 her mum gets her results this aft too.
Wouldn’t the scan have picked up anything nasty though, do you think?

Wouldn’t the scan have picked up anything nasty though, do you think?
Honestly, I've no idea how it works. She said there were no tumors in any organs. I guess bowel cancer would only be picked up by a colonoscopy? I may be wrong though, I don't know. Could you have 2 different types of cancer, not one that's spread but a completely different kind? I'm sure you could, that would be just so, so unfair. I hope to God its nothing serious. Hopefully someone else can shed some light 🙏

Reactions: 5
In my experience, a colonoscopy is the next step. I had a normal range FIT test, but my subsequent 2 fecal calprotectin tests were raised significantly, and I was then referred for a colonoscopy. They took about 8 biopsies and removed a small polyp, but I'm still waiting for my results, almost 15 weeks on! 😑
---
Thank you for the reply..... a few of us are blocked and think about her, hoping for the best. Could you please keep us posted? 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Fatty liver can potentially be reversed with diet change (it did for me).
She needs a colonoscopy asap.
I follow a lovely woman who had breast cancer, then bowl cancer. She’s stage 4 and saying her goodbyes. She just said goodbye to her dog who went to live with her friend. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 13
She couldn’t have chemo this morning as her oncologist has said she’s got to have an urgent PET scan. Poor Lizzie. She is wondering if this is now the start of the end. I hope not!

• Sad
She couldn’t have chemo this morning as her oncologist has said she’s got to have an urgent PET scan. Poor Lizzie. She is wondering if this is now the start of the end. I hope not!
Oh no, why can't she ever get a break? 💔 I just hope this "urgent" PET scan will be urgent and not weeks away, things are moving rapidly and have been for a while, yet the hospital seems to not rush anything through!

• Heart
I love Lizzi but I've unfollowed her now because I'm scared this is the beginning of the end for her. If you're reading this Lizzi stay strong x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the colonoscopy results may be the decider on further treatment. I hope not, but I just don't see what more they can do and I feel genuinely upset for her 😓💔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
She seems like such a lovely woman, so fun and down to earth, and with such young kids. I bleeping hate cancer. All the money that's ploughed into it year on year, it's not good enough that this still happens to thousands of people, of all ages. Its just wrong.

• Sad
She seems like such a lovely woman, so fun and down to earth, and with such young kids. I bleeping hate cancer. All the money that's ploughed into it year on year, it's not good enough that this still happens to thousands of people, of all ages. Its just wrong.

Agreed - something doesn't sit right with me about the amount of money raised for cancer research for years and years and still no closer to a cure 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
It’s because cancer is just a catch-all term for your cells going wrong. They’re separate diseases, really. Brain Cancer has nothing in common with blood cancer which has nothing in common with pancreatic etc. Breast cancer survival rates have sky rocketed becuse there’s been so much money poured into it. In the 90s, leukaemia made similar leaps and bounds. The trouble is (a) some cancers just don’t get the same levels of funding (b) somethings are just bleeping complicated - e.g. we don’t fully understand the brain when it works well, so brain tumours are very hard to do much with and (c) some cancers are just so aggressive that the time span to do anything with them (if you could) is too short.

There’s no conspiracy, it’s just the random nature of the world. That’s not to stop it bloody awful and unfair on a person level.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m confused about Lizzie. Don’t follow her anymore and now she’s gone private so I can’t see. So she had a scan and no progression but now they’ve referred her for an urgent PET scan? Did she say why they referred her for an urgent PET scan?

I’m confused about Lizzie. Don’t follow her anymore and now she’s gone private so I can’t see. So she had a scan and no progression but now they’ve referred her for an urgent PET scan? Did she say why they referred her for an urgent PET scan?
I think it's because..and please someone correct me if I'm wrong..
But she has been losing alot of weight without trying to
And she has had bad pain..and they found blood in her poop.
She is having a colonoscopy this weekend.
It doesn't sound great.....
Losing weight..pain..blood in poop..
And now being told by her oncologist that she shouldn't make any plans to go away over Easter and not being well enough for chemo
I feel so bloody sad for her.

• Sad
  • Sick