Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t agree with the whole “I have cancer so why shouldn’t I take the moneyyyyyyy” attitude. It’s selfish, manipulative and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Many of these influencers are full on with creating stories for “affect” and will then strategically place ads, thus taking advantage of kind souls who are also STRUGGLING to make ends meet.

Sure, we are adults and can choose to donate or not donate. We are all grown here. But the way in which a lot of these influencers extract money from others doesn’t sit right with me.

It’s often calculated and unethical IMO…

As an example, only on Instagram will you see a mother post a video of her visiting her babies grave, followed by a hello fresh ad, and a link to buy some overpriced deodorant.

This is the world we live in now.

I’d rather go to the food bank and have my dignity in tact, tbh.

Another thing that concerns me, is the amount of cancer influencers who seem quite capable of dancing around, prancing about, jumping up and down etc—If they are this mobile, surely they can find some part time work at least?

They seem to forget that there are plenty of people in the world with chronic illness, who don’t believe the world owes them a favour, and go to work in pain. They too worry everyday that they will not have a nest egg or a “legacy” to leave behind. But they get on with it anyway. Why do cancer influencers think they deserve more than these people?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I understand starting GFM's for potentially life saving experimental treatments not available on the NHS, but living lists give me the ick.

Reactions: 20
I understand starting GFM's for potentially life saving experimental treatments not available on the NHS, but living lists give me the ick.
I actually could not live with myself if I had decided to rely on strangers to fund my holidays and treats etc. We can't afford to go on holiday now - so, we don't go on holiday. There are other ways to see things, to be fulfilled, to spend time with people.

they are all at it. Nick Newman, Laura boob less & beautiful, kris Hellenga charges for her blog posts etc.
Kris Hallenga is another one I don't get a good vibe from. Way too much trying to be hip and cool and she's got an affected way of talking which I can't listen to any more. Which is sad, because it's obvious that she's becoming really, really ill now. Charging for blog posts is f-ing arrogant, in my opinion.

Reactions: 11
Its the blatant entitlement that gets me. They set up these GFM accounts and have no issue saying its for multiple luxury holidays, days out, “experiences” etc - its just begging and it’s disgraceful! A large proportion of them could easily be working but they choose not to. The likes of Nicki & Laura - sorry but they are childless and have both been more than capable of working is some capacity - millions of individuals with cancer and other life limiting illnesses work, and its jarring to see prople like them making a choice to give up work completely and then go on the beg to fund luxury lifestyles when they are capable of working themselves in some capacity even if it was part time.

Reactions: 14
I actually could not live with myself if I had decided to rely on strangers to fund my holidays and treats etc. We can't afford to go on holiday now - so, we don't go on holiday. There are other ways to see things, to be fulfilled, to spend time with people.

Kris Hallenga is another one I don't get a good vibe from. Way too much trying to be hip and cool and she's got an affected way of talking which I can't listen to any more. Which is sad, because it's obvious that she's becoming really, really ill now. Charging for blog posts is f-ing arrogant, in my opinion.
It makes me cringe. I get it, it's a choice, you don't have to donate. But it makes me sad to think of people donating out of the kindness of their hearts, towards experiences they will likely never have themselves.

Its the blatant entitlement that gets me. They set up these GFM accounts and have no issue saying its for multiple luxury holidays, days out, “experiences” etc - its just begging and it’s disgraceful! A large proportion of them could easily be working but they choose not to. The likes of Nicki & Laura - sorry but they are childless and have both been more than capable of working is some capacity - millions of individuals with cancer and other life limiting illnesses work, and its jarring to see prople like them making a choice to give up work completely and then go on the beg to fund luxury lifestyles when they are capable of working themselves in some capacity even if it was part time.
My Dad struggled so badly to even be approved for (absolutely tiny) disability payments when he had terminal cancer and he was ill to the point he had no life quality and physically could not work. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Of course I don't want anyone to be in that position and I don't wish it on them, but I hate that they are happy to let well meaning people fund their lavish lifestyles (not even just basic essentials of getting by) when they are perfectly capable of earning themselves. Especially as Nicky's partner earns bleeping plenty. It's disgusting.

Reactions: 9
New here and I've only read some comments. In my opinion. If it was me I wouldn't want to spend the last days / weeks / months possibly short years working my arse off in agonising pain & suffering whilst having cancer. I can see where all your opinions are coming from to some extent but either way.. yous aren't in anyones shoes to even judge their reasons.
If I knew that soon enough I'd leave my children and family behind I'd do whatever I could to be able to make precious memories for them whether that be taking loans out or asking the public for some help. Although it's obviously judged.. I'd do it for the sake of my children because, not everyone HAS to pay something, you're not forced and held down at gun point, its an option and if people can afford to pitch in a little then I dont see the problem? I just dont get this thread tbh. Infact I could mention certain people that have took the absoloute piss out of their child's go fund me but we won't go there. Those are the People you should be judging. Not everyone has their tit together before they find out they have cancer. If I got told that right now I'd have nothing In place at this precise moment to help my family.
And btw I think anyone who is terminally ill should have the best help & comfortable life they can. I'm not just talking about lizzi, I mean anyone.

I'm probably going to get stick for this comment but it's just part of my opinion and we're all entitled to it.

Reactions: 12
New here and I've only read some comments. In my opinion. If it was me I wouldn't want to spend the last days / weeks / months possibly short years working my arse off in agonising pain & suffering whilst having cancer. I can see where all your opinions are coming from to some extent but either way.. yous aren't in anyones shoes to even judge their reasons.
If I knew that soon enough I'd leave my children and family behind I'd do whatever I could to be able to make precious memories for them whether that be taking loans out or asking the public for some help. Although it's obviously judged.. I'd do it for the sake of my children because, not everyone HAS to pay something, you're not forced and held down at gun point, its an option and if people can afford to pitch in a little then I dont see the problem? I just dont get this thread tbh. Infact I could mention certain people that have took the absoloute piss out of their child's go fund me but we won't go there. Those are the People you should be judging. Not everyone has their tit together before they find out they have cancer. If I got told that right now I'd have nothing In place at this precise moment to help my family.
And btw I think anyone who is terminally ill should have the best help & comfortable life they can. I'm not just talking about lizzi, I mean anyone.

I'm probably going to get stick for this comment but it's just part of my opinion and we're all entitled to it.
We are talking about people who yes have cancer but are perfectly able bodied, can do whatever they want - jumping out of planes, traversing waterfalls, wandering around cities and climbing monuments etc yet they dont work and yet beg for money ti fund their luxury lifestyle. It’s disgusting.

We are talking about people who yes have cancer but are perfectly able bodied, can do whatever they want - jumping out of planes, traversing waterfalls, wandering around cities and climbing monuments etc yet they dont work and yet beg for money ti fund their luxury lifestyle. It’s disgusting.
Yes, we're talking about specific people who don't NEED the money but still ask for it and take it anyway. Not the others who ask because they have to, and are grateful. Massive difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Fair enough, completely entitled to your opinion. However, I do judge people who go off on an absolute rant about being thought badly of for begging for money from others. If she's thar comfortable with her choices, no rant necessary. She's obviously embarrassed to see what people think of her.

And Lizzie, take note....don't go searching for comments about yourself if you can't handle the court of public opinion. Like i said above, we're all entitled to opinions. Noone has said any of this to your face. So before you go spouting about people damaging your mental health, take some responsibility for your own mental health and stay the f** away from Tattle

Reactions: 11
Id probably rant if half the stuff on here had been said about me lol & ohhh ok so she doesn't need it is what you're saying? What makes you think this? Just trying to understand really. I mean I've seen people do GFM's quite often. Infact it seems to become the thing these days but in my eyes I wouldn't personally judge lizzi for it. As a mum. I feel for her I really do.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Id probably rant if half the stuff on here had been said about me lol & ohhh ok so she doesn't need it is what you're saying? What makes you think this? Just trying to understand really. I mean I've seen people do GFM's quite often. Infact it seems to become the thing these days but in my eyes I wouldn't personally judge lizzi for it. As a mum. I feel for her I really do.
Why is it OK for you to diss Mrs Hinch and her grifting behaviour, but we aren't allowed to criticise LE? 🤔 Like has been said, having cancer doesn't make u a Saint. She has spent to her hearts content lately and now moaning about bring broke...make it make sense

Id probably rant if half the stuff on here had been said about me lol & ohhh ok so she doesn't need it is what you're saying? What makes you think this? Just trying to understand really. I mean I've seen people do GFM's quite often. Infact it seems to havebecome the thing these days but in my eyes I wouldn't personally judge lizzi for it. As a mum. I feel for her I really do.
People make a deliberate CHOICE to plaster their lives online and they make a deliberate choice to seek out comments posted on tattle. If they can’t handle that they should keep their private life private or stop reading a website that they have to seek out.

At the moment LE appears to be fairly able bodied and could easily go and work part time. Shes making a choice not to. She’s not on her death bed, shes plenty able to work.

Reactions: 13
Why is it OK for you to diss Mrs Hinch and her grifting behaviour, but we aren't allowed to criticise LE? 🤔 Like has been said, having cancer doesn't make u a Saint. She has spent to her hearts content lately and now moaning about bring broke...make it make sense
At what point did I say you weren't allowed 😏 I said everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm just trying to understand WHY yous were saying the stuff you were lol. What exactly has she spent? On what? Don't think ive seen that either. Again I said I'm trying to understand this thread!

At what point did I say you weren't allowed 😏 I said everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm just trying to understand WHY yous were saying the stuff you were lol. What exactly has she spent? On what? Don't think ive seen that either. Again I said I'm trying to understand this thread!
You dont seem to have any idea what we are discussing or what LE posted today, you’ve just steamrolled in! Go back, read the threads from the start.

Reactions: 7
People make a deliberate CHOICE to plaster their lives online and they make a deliberate choice to seek out comments posted on tattle. If they can’t handle that they should keep their private life private or stop reading a website that they have to seek out.

At the moment LE appears to be fairly able bodied and could easily go and work part time. Shes making a choice not to. She’s not on her death bed, shes plenty able to work.
Do they have to seek the website out or could they potentially be told by someone else who's found it? 🤔 I think both. Not that that really matters. I suppose I'm looking at the work thing from a different perspective from you, I was thinking more that if I was told I'd die from cancer I'd probably want to spend my time making memories etc than working my ass off spending all my irreplaceable moments away from comfortability & family. But as i said in my first comment. I can understand to some extent what you're all saying.

You dont seem to have any idea what we are discussing or what LE posted today, you’ve just steamrolled in! Go back, read the threads from the start.
I've followed lizzi for a long time lol. & yes I came on here when she mentioned the tit that was posted. So I started from the page that mentioned her. Which wasn't that far back 🤔

Reactions: 1
So you would be comfortable with strangers giving you their hard earned money to make memories that they likely will never be able to make themselves? Just curious. Maybe it's dependent on the type of person cause I know I wouldn't. I see it as begging honestly. Like I say, for treatment, absolutely makes sense. For expensive holidays (especially when they can afford them themselves i.e. Nicky) it's just shameless to me. Maybe if it was truly a once in a lifetime thing but for many it's just again, again, again and again. I know very little of Lizzie other than when she gets her back up and it gets discussed here (maybe you know her personally? you certainly seem to be invested suddenly out of nowhere) so I don't really care what she does tbh, but as a general concept, it doesn't sit well with me. Can you imagine if every single person with a serious illness didn't pay their own way where possible? It's not sustainable but a select few seem to think they are more worthy for some reason. I don't want anyone who is seriously ill to waste their days working, but I want to help those who genuinely need it, not those who take the piss.

• Heart
So you would be comfortable with strangers giving you their hard earned money to make memories that they likely will never be able to make themselves? Just curious. Maybe it's dependent on the type of person cause I know I wouldn't. I see it as begging honestly. Like I say, for treatment, absolutely makes sense. For expensive holidays (especially when they can afford them themselves i.e. Nicky) it's just shameless to me. Maybe if it was truly a once in a lifetime thing but for many it's just again, again, again and again. I know very little of Lizzie other than when she gets her back up and it gets discussed here (maybe you know her personally? you certainly seem to be invested suddenly out of nowhere) so I don't really care what she does tbh, but as a concept, it doesn't sit well with me.
Completely agree. Fundraising/GFM as a legitimate concept to raise funds for a specific thing that would otherwise be unobtainable and is necessary- like private drugs/treatments etc - i get that. Fine. If it’s something the individual can’t personally afford. But to make a deliberate CHOICE to give up work, when you are more than able to work in some capacity, and you then beg for money to fund an over the top luxury lifestyle of far flung holidays every few months, trips all over the UK, expensive meals out multiple times a week, clothes etc and you use cancer as an excuse for it? Nope. duck that all the way off.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.