Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So you would be comfortable with strangers giving you their hard earned money to make memories that they likely will never be able to make themselves? Just curious. Maybe it's dependent on the type of person cause I know I wouldn't. I see it as begging honestly. Like I say, for treatment, absolutely makes sense. For expensive holidays (especially when they can afford them themselves i.e. Nicky) it's just shameless to me. Maybe if it was truly a once in a lifetime thing but for many it's just again, again, again and again. I know very little of Lizzie other than when she gets her back up and it gets discussed here (maybe you know her personally? you certainly seem to be invested suddenly out of nowhere) so I don't really care what she does tbh, but as a general concept, it doesn't sit well with me. Can you imagine if every single person with a serious illness didn't pay their own way where possible? It's not sustainable but a select few seem to think they are more worthy for some reason. I don't want anyone who is seriously ill to waste their days working, but I want to help those who genuinely need it, not those who take the piss.
No I do not know lizzi personally and like I said I seen her stories earlier about the stuff written on here and had a look and probably quite a few have. Yeah suddenly out of no where because I don't really judge unwell people for asking for help. I dont agree with certain people/situations where they really do take the piss as I said before there's a few I know of who've used their children's money rather than.. im not going to get into that one. No im not ok with hard earned money being used for people memories they'll never have. I said I don't see the problem with people choosing to donate if they can afford it. I said that in my first message I think it was. As I said its an option no one has to do it. I'm obviously looking at this the wrong way.

Reactions: 2
No I do not know lizzi personally and like I said I seen her stories earlier about the stuff written on here and had a look and probably quite a few have. Yeah suddenly out of no where because I don't really judge unwell people for asking for help. I dont agree with certain people/situations where they really do take the piss as I said before there's a few I know of who've used their children's money rather than.. im not going to get into that one. No im not ok with hard earned money being used for people memories they'll never have. I said I don't see the problem with people choosing to donate if they can afford it. I said that in my first message I think it was. As I said its an option no one has to do it. I'm obviously looking at this the wrong way.
Away you go back to slagging off Mrs Hinch. 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Completely agree. Fundraising/GFM as a legitimate concept to raise funds for a specific thing that would otherwise be unobtainable and is necessary- like private drugs/treatments etc - i get that. Fine. If it’s something the individual can’t personally afford. But to make a deliberate CHOICE to give up work, when you are more than able to work in some capacity, and you then beg for money to fund an over the top luxury lifestyle of far flung holidays every few months, trips all over the UK, expensive meals out multiple times a week, clothes etc and you use cancer as an excuse for it? Nope. duck that all the way off.
This makes sense. Although I've not actually seen her do that? Maybe I've missed stuff as I did come off socials for a bit. But I never seen that of her. I can understand someone not working if they are depressed/in agony everyday though. Not everyone will give up work but some will. Maybe when she gave up work she felt like her life was over at the point of diagnosis and or struggled to come to terms with it. Maybe she's mentally not doing good and can't seem to find the courage to go back to work after everything? Obviously only she knows that. I just dont think I could judge her on giving up work after that sort of news. That's just my opinion again. I'm not on here to be a d*ck 😆 I'm just curious on this thread. Its the first time I've been on this thread and there's like 40 pages to get through.

Reactions: 3
I don't really know what you're saying then tbh. I think it's a bit unreasonable to suggest it's as simple as us judging "unwell people for asking for help". The conversations have been alot more nuanced than that to suddenly rock up with the judgements just because Lizzie has posted a very small snapshot. Pretty much everyone here has posted kind stuff toward Lizzie in the past, she's clearly just on the defensive about the money issue. Maybe she was thinking of starting a GFM in which case she'll likely have plenty who are happy to donate and needn't worry herself with the ones who are not. It's that simple really. Yes noone has to do it, in the same way she doesn't have to read here if it offends her, works both ways doesn't it?

There's many folk here who have donated/supported many cancer influencers and also many who have cancer themselves. We aren't this bunch of evil cancer sufferer hating trolls people like to suggest when they get called out for something.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Completely agree. Fundraising/GFM as a legitimate concept to raise funds for a specific thing that would otherwise be unobtainable and is necessary- like private drugs/treatments etc - i get that. Fine. If it’s something the individual can’t personally afford. But to make a deliberate CHOICE to give up work, when you are more than able to work in some capacity, and you then beg for money to fund an over the top luxury lifestyle of far flung holidays every few months, trips all over the UK, expensive meals out multiple times a week, clothes etc and you use cancer as an excuse for it? Nope. duck that all the way off.
Couldn't agree more, particularly when the person involved not only uses cancer as an excuse to fleece well-meaning people into donating, but also uses the cancer card as a way of getting free holidays, free food and gifts from companies by knowingly tagging/linking them, or uses the cancer card to get priority treatment at, say, airports, when they don't need to. That really is the lowest of the low.

Reactions: 7
This makes sense. Although I've not actually seen her do that? Maybe I've missed stuff as I did come off socials for a bit. But I never seen that of her. I can understand someone not working if they are depressed/in agony everyday though. Not everyone will give up work but some will. Maybe when she gave up work she felt like her life was over at the point of diagnosis and or struggled to come to terms with it. Maybe she's mentally not doing good and can't seem to find the courage to go back to work after everything? Obviously only she knows that. I just dont think I could judge her on giving up work after that sort of news. That's just my opinion again. I'm not on here to be a d*ck 😆 I'm just curious on this thread. Its the first time I've been on this thread and there's like 40 pages to get through.
We aren’t just talking about Lizzie. You’ve just jumped into this thread and you’ve got no idea what you are talking about or what’s actually being discussed.

Lizzi is really making a fool of herself. She definitely reads here, I don’t believe for a second somebody sent the posts to her.

I’m sure she will get PIP aswell as her pension but she fails to mention that.

I’ve got a disabled kid who I’ve had to give up my job to care for. You don’t see me setting up a go fund me for loss if earnings 😂 shes had more holidays than I’ve had hot dinners 😂

• Heart
We aren’t just talking about Lizzie. You’ve just jumped into this thread and you’ve got no idea what you are talking about or what’s actually being discussed.
I jumped on here because i have followed lizzi a long time clearly, she was upset by the comments. That's why I looked on this thread. I already said I understand the things being said in regards to those who take the piss with GFM's etc but I havent actually seen her do that. Thats why I came on and asked. Sorry am I not allowed to jump on and actually try understand what's happening here? Ok my bad for being curious over someone I've followed quite some time and never really noticed this stuff thats been mentioned.

Reactions: 3
I think with GFMs somewhere down the line we've lost the reality that if you want something you pay for it. Like I say treatment is different because it's such an obscene amount of money you could never earn it and it's someone's literal life on the line. But when did a holiday ever become something someone else owes you out of pity? I suppose it started with stuff like Make a Wish which is a wonderful concept, but when it's adults who feel entitled because they've had a tit hand in life it's just weird, because so many people have and most don't take that view. I guess I could just never feel comfortable expecting someone else to give me luxury tit just because I was unlucky, it doesn't make me any more deserving than anyone else in honesty.

I think with GFMs somewhere down the line we've lost the reality that if you want something you pay for it. Like I say treatment is different because it's such an obscene amount of money you could never earn it and it's someone's literal life on the line. But when did a holiday ever become something someone else owes you out of pity? I suppose it started with stuff like Make a Wish which is a wonderful concept, but when it's adults who feel entitled because they've had a tit hand in life it's just weird, because so many people have and most don't take that view. I guess I could just never feel comfortable expecting someone else to give me luxury tit just because I was unlucky, it doesn't make me any more deserving than anyone else in honesty.
Exactly.

Also note that the majority of them come from money or have partners with well paid jobs etc

Its just pure and utter greed in its most basic form. Using a cancer diagnosis to emotionally manipulate people into paying for your over the top lifestyle is grotesque.

Reactions: 14
When I was in treatment I felt bad just getting free theatre tickets from one of those 'gifting' charities for people with cancer!

The thing is it's probably self perpetuating, like the more you get given, the more you believe you are entitled to.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Exactly.

Also note that the majority of them come from money or have partners with well paid jobs etc

Its just pure and utter greed in its most basic form. Using a cancer diagnosis to emotionally manipulate people into paying for your over the top lifestyle is grotesque.
It's like BowelBro who took it even further, fundraised for treatment whilst boasting about his self-made mansion and how he's an apparent multimillionaire. I'm sorry but any self respecting person would completely downsize their life before ever begging. Imagine taking handouts from people who are likely on the breadline themselves because they feel so awful for you and want to help keep you alive, while you sit in your mansion in your Burberry, having constant fancy meat roasts and living in a house full of champagne bottles. It's sick. They expect to still live the standard of living they are used to while using the misfortune of their health as emotional warfare.

Not saying Lizzie does that because like I said, I know slim to none about her. But many do.

• Heart
Somebody who gets lip fillers, brand new cars, and pedigree puppies is clearly not short of a bob or two. Not to mention all of those lovely holidays she goes on.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Moaning in the current climate about money when you can afford non essentials all by yourself is what gets annoying. Nails. Lip filler and a new car and a paid for pedigree pouch are not essential items. That’s called choices We all spend our money how we wish to at the end of the day. But why should others be then guilt tripped into contributing to your own personal begging bowl so you can have a holiday? It’s ridiculous. I know GFMs are a choice to donate to, but there’s plenty of gullible folk out there who really would give their last tenner to these people. Leaving themselves without or struggling because they feel so terrible seeing the sob stories. It’s manipulative. If you’re that desperate, there’s no shortage of charities that can help. Except these type of people know full well they wouldn’t qualify for anything as they already have plenty. Ffs this is like living beyond your means and taking no responsibility for yourself. Holidays are not a god given right, sick or otherwise.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The only one I ever considered giving to was Monique, because they wanted it for treatment that they couldn't afford, but in the end I decided not to because I could clearly see that, sadly, she was beyond the stage where it would have helped. I donated to Deborah's bowel cancer fund because that was bleeping incredible and going to a good cause. Other than that I have resisted making donations to any GFM accounts. Seen too many grabby people splashing out on luxury holidays. Lizzi currently has 20k in a GFM. It makes me uncomfortable. Prefer to sort out my finances myself.

New insta rant by LE up tonight.

Last edited:
Oh I knew it wouldn’t be long before she tried the suicidal card. 👎

They get called out on their tit, and lose their minds. Why do all of these cancer influencers have such fragile egos?! It’s really quite fascinating. If they don’t like being judged, they shouldn’t put their tit out in public domain to be JUDGED.

They want something for nothing. They want you to pay for their lifestyle. That’s what this is all about.

But if you can dance, chat tit into your phone, sing into your sellotape, contort your body and stick your leg in the bleeping air, then you can BLOODY WELL GET A JOB!! Stop expecting others to pay for your lifestyle. Sell your house. Downsize. Don’t get lip fillers. Don’t go on holidays. All that money saved can now be put into a savings account for your children!

I’m sick of these people trying to guilt trip you into feeling bad over not wanting to be HAD!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think LE, just like BowelBro, fancies herself as some insta-influencer and wants her own thread on here.
I’m not on every chat here, but from what I’ve seen no one has had bad stuff to say about her, so I’m thinking there’s another reason she’s using the ‘tattle slagging off’ post. Maybe she thinks it will get her more donations into her gofund me.
Not from me she won’t. I find it really unsettling to see people who are better off than myself being given money for luxuries. Many people die without having the chance to leave anything for their kids.
And she has a little business and is able to earn through that business. Or even work part time when her kids are in school.
Cancer doesn’t automatically entitle you to freebies and luxury because you’re dying. Wake up. We’re all dying, and none of us know when.
Some people just have no shame.

Reactions: 16
Using the 'suicidal' thing, oh my God. She's just filmed a comedy sketch of herself haunting us in a boat. Yeah. Really suicidal. Sorry, love. You've got more hide than a rhino.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.