Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe the 20k in her GFM is long gone. I thought she may have been hedging to get more a while back when she mentioned her never ending NHS wait re the ovary removal and her asking how much it was to get done privately. Surely that would have been a better use of money than a holiday and/or a dog. But as it’s likely all been spent, it’s no longer an option for her unless she gets some more. And that’s where personal accountability has to come in.
Whilst she may well have requested medical retirement, I don’t think she stopped to consider the financial ramifications maybe? Something has triggered this mornings kick off and it wasn’t anything said here as she hasn’t been a conversation topic since her daughters scare.
I’m really struggling to understand why she posted stories then came to tattle within the hour to check comments…it seems such a bizarre chain of thought process….

Reactions: 11
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone really have a go about Lizzie have they? I don’t understand why she’s suddenly upset with Tattle?

Reactions: 10
I don't understand why people here are bad for watching influencers yet they pop over here and read about themselves and get worked up. Maybe everyone should take this advice and they shouldn't come here?

People are allowed to comment about people who are in the public sphere. Has she or other cancer influencers bitched about people on their stories? MPs? Other celebrities. Its the same thing 🙄

Attachments

No one ripped into Monique here. They did talk about the parents and the way the parents asked for more and more money

Is this woman OK? Nobody on this thread has ripped into Monique. Unless I missed something. I think we all agree that she was such a pure soul!
All I can think of is the discussion about her GFM still being active to pay for treatments when she was sadly clearly near death and being concerned for her, but I don’t recall anything bad being said about her at all.

Reactions: 10
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone really have a go about Lizzie have they? I don’t understand why she’s suddenly upset with Tattle?
She's kicked off before when no one said anything about her. Tbh I think she does it for attention when she's feeling a bit tit.

Reactions: 13
I think she does it for attention as nothing was said on here and she’s had a rant and look where we are. NNL obv reads here because she commented on LEs suicide post. NNL will never rant about tattle because it will lead too many people to her thread.

Reactions: 12
I've got to the stage where I am just incredibly confused as to what is going on.

The 4 messages (and i think 4 was the extent of it) she's posted from here seem to be in response to her already going off on something and given I don't think she has even been mentioned on here for weeks I don't understand.

It's all gone a bit twilight zone

Reactions: 7
I've got to the stage where I am just incredibly confused as to what is going on.

The 4 messages (and i think 4 was the extent of it) she's posted from here seem to be in response to her already going off on something and given I don't think she has even been mentioned on here for weeks I don't understand.

It's all gone a bit twilight zone
She’s upset that shes now officially no longer “working” (being paid sick leave) by the police- shes realised that with out that money she’s going to be a bit skint - no more long weekends boozing at festivals or getting her extensions done or lip filler topped up - she’s huffing about that and taking it out on tattle. She’s another one who wants money for nothing and will use her diagnosis to emotionally manipulate her followers to get it.

Reactions: 15
Yes. Crazy. And nobody ever had a go at Monique on here. She was much loved and admired by us. Shock horror, Tattlers can be supportive.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Fun how Lizzie didn’t post the nice stuff about her. Doesn’t garner the same sympathy though I guess.

Reactions: 12
Are people really getting mobility cars, when they can put their leg over their head and dance around like no other? Really?!? I’d have thought you need actual mobility issues to get a mobility car.

Are people really getting mobility cars, when they can put their leg over their head and dance around like no other? Really?!? I’d have thought you need actual mobility issues to get a mobility car.
If you have a terminal cancer diagnosis you can apply for PIP and if they give the higher rate of mobility allowance that can be surrendered for a car, yes.

Let’s hope the dwp don’t start stalking their insta.

• Heart
She is still posting about us. Maybe doesn't realise that quite a few people on here are in the same situation that she is, or worse. Common misconception that people on a gossip forum must be OK all the time.

Reactions: 13
Lizzie needs to remember, just because someone has cancer it does not automatically make them a decent person. Yes tattle can be OTT sometimes, but a lot of the time it’s people who genuinely have questions about things but cannot ask because they are shot down in flames by the ‘fans’. Influencers create echo chambers. Just as they say we don’t need to follow or watch, they don’t need to read here. This is a gossip site, some negative and some supportive. I will say this, if you put yourself out in the public domain though people will have an opinion of you, good or bad. Those sticking up for influencers, saying how wonderful they are, are in no more of a position to judge that than we are of saying we think they are greedy, if we adhere to the narrative of they only show five minutes of their lives and we don’t know them. When violet was poorly there were many on here who felt sick for Lizzie.

Is this woman OK? Nobody on this thread has ripped into Monique. Unless I missed something. I think we all agree that she was such a pure soul!
That’s bullshit 🤬 Everything I ever read were people feeling heartbroken for her, also Monique only had the best intentions sharing her story.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s such a shame she’s being a dick about this - firstly she chose to lump everyone together and start a mass defence of their collective behaviours - maybe just stick to yourself if you feel the need? Probably wouldn’t have raised any comments tbh. But there are sadly a few very bad eggs out there and we mostly know who they are. You can’t defend their grabby behaviour and expect no response.
Also whilst we are all calling out this behaviour, how come you never see them holding their own to account? But no. That never happens.They are fully aware of what some of these so called greedy influencers are doing yet remain silent.
There will be groups within groups within groups all gossiping, but god forbid they openly challenge some of the bullshit. If you choose to sleep with dogs, you’ll likely pick up a flea or two.
She herself posted about her new car - there was a video of them collecting it because oh the drama one of them wasn’t insured or something. No mention was made of it being a mobility car…what even is she on about? She’s not physically disabled - there is no specific vehicle designed for cancer sufferers that I’m aware of. Maybe she’s gone automatic with an extra cushion. Maybe some assisted steering - but that’s literally it. So all this means is she got extra cash to fund the new car by way of a grant then…..so you got a new car.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m sorry but whilst there’s homeless people on our streets, children in poverty and more households than ever not being able to have food and warmth, there is absolutely no place for people to ask for money so they can go on 5* holidays and see the world.

Yes it’s peoples right to donate or not but there’s also a lot of manipulation and a little coercion that goes on to raise these funds and that’s where it’s wrong.

We can all create a sob story/spin a narrative and then say ‘well it was her/his choice to gift me ££££ so I can play first class to Barbados’
No, it’s not okay, how do you know that the person gifting doesn’t actually need that money but feels so bad and compelled to help a dying woman out with funds for her next holiday/clothes etc because she has compassion and kindness, then she gives money that she doesn’t have because she thinks someone needs it more (when they don’t).
Go fund me’s need more regulation. They are wonderful things when it comes to crowd funding for emergencies but for frivolous shite they are vile and slightly edged with fraud and deception to get what people want.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Lizzi's comment about how you never know what somebody might be going through behind closed doors, is true. But the same could be said for people on this forum too. I've come to realise that some people on here have some truly massive stuff they're going through. Maybe she could think about that a bit too. Plus people on here were genuinely shocked and concerned for her little girl recently and I saw only nice things written about that. So sometimes we kick off on here, or get a bit arsey. But, can LE honestly say that she's never kicked off about anything, or got a bit arsey? Is she an angel the whole time, with never a bad word to say about anything or anybody? Doubt it! So the non-judging thing needs to work both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.