Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LE saying she doesn't want her loved ones to read Tattle comments about her after she's gone. Ironically, if she hadn't just plastered those comments all over her IG feed, they probably wouldn't have done. Sigh.

We've had so many discussions on here about the pros and cons of putting your whole life out on social media for people to see. And with some people (Nicole, God rest her soul, lovely Monique, dear Emily Hayward etc), what they post is humbling, or educational, or just damned admirable. When posters go into the murky waters of advertising, freebies, links, taps, clicks, whatever, then I think that they have to be prepared for reaction. In short, if you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
LE saying she doesn't want her loved ones to read Tattle comments about her after she's gone. Ironically, if she hadn't just plastered those comments all over her IG feed, they probably wouldn't have done. Sigh.

We've had so many discussions on here about the pros and cons of putting your whole life out on social media for people to see. And with some people (Nicole, God rest her soul, lovely Monique, dear Emily Hayward etc), what they post is humbling, or educational, or just damned admirable. When posters go into the murky waters of advertising, freebies, links, taps, clicks, whatever, then I think that they have to be prepared for reaction. In short, if you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Honestly, I think she is just having a bad day. It feels a bit reactive like me when I get some shite cancer news in the morning and everyone is an enemy. I don't think anyone was saying anything that bad about her.

I don't think LE is at the 'absolutely taking the piss stage' in terms of asking for cash like people like multimillionaire BowelBro or Nick Nack 'I take 15 holidays a year to exotic places on other people's money' Lou. It's just, unfortunately, people are getting a bit more cynical to fundraising and gofundmes due to (relatively) privileged people like this doing this, with zero subtlety or room reading, amidst a cost of living crisis.

She needs to read back a few pages as we were all wishing her daughter well and everyone here felt awful for the family a mere few weeks ago when she thought her daughter had a tumour.

Reactions: 16
Honestly, I think she is just having a bad day. It feels a bit reactive like me when I get some shite cancer news in the morning and everyone is an enemy. I don't think anyone was saying anything that bad about her.

I don't think LE is at the 'absolutely taking the piss stage' in terms of asking for cash like people like multimillionaire BowelBro or Nick Nack 'I take 15 holidays a year to exotic places on other people's money' Lou. It's just, unfortunately, people are getting a bit more cynical to fundraising and gofundmes due to (relatively) privileged people like this doing this, with zero subtlety or room reading, amidst a cost of living crisis.

She needs to read back a few pages as we were all wishing her daughter well and everyone here felt awful for the family a mere few weeks ago when she thought her daughter had a tumour.
I don't think anybody on here is saying that she's up in the same league as NNL when it comes to money. Her first massive rant this morning was nothing to do with Tattle - I don't even know where that came from or who it was addressed to. As you say, we've actually shown concern for her on here in the past. The GFM issue is contentious - it's true that many people are struggling for money at the moment.

Reactions: 8
Sorry but you put your life on line - you open yourself up to criticism whatever the reason. No one is forcing you to read here. It’s a gossip forum. Just like advising people to unfollow, you can similarly just move on 👋

Reactions: 12
I don't think anybody on here is saying that she's up in the same league as NNL when it comes to money. Her first massive rant this morning was nothing to do with Tattle - I don't even know where that came from or who it was addressed to. As you say, we've actually shown concern for her on here in the past. The GFM issue is contentious - it's true that many people are struggling for money at the moment.
Oh absolutely, I wasn't criticising you at all - more directing it to LE to maybe stop reponding on immediate anger and look at the bigger picture.

We aren't awful here, but we do call out queationable, tone deaf behaviour and I totally stand by that. Sometimes other people might get caught in the slipstream but I honestly can't trust anyone with a gofundme anymore.

As George would say, once bitten and twice shhhhhy

Reactions: 12
Oh absolutely, I wasn't criticising you at all - more directing it to LE to maybe stop reponding on immediate anger and look at the bigger picture.

We aren't awful here, but we do call out queationable, tone deaf behaviour and I totally stand by that. Sometimes other people might get caught in the slipstream but I honestly can't trust anyone with a gofundme anymore.

As George would say, once bitter and twice shhhhhy
Definitely! We should continue to call out questionable behaviour. Because otherwise we become part of somebody's weird, one-sided cult.

Reactions: 4
Lizzie has had barely any comments on here and lots of good ones in those she has had which I notice she is failing to mention. Last time she barely had a mention she went off about it too. I get it’s not nice to read negatives about yourself - but you don’t have to, simple. You can’t put your life out there and be happy for positives and expect no negatives. No influencer seems to understand this and unfortunately, being ill doesn’t change that. It’s quite easy to not post your life if that is something you can’t handle. It’s also very malicious to post saying her family will have to read this when she’s dead. You don’t censor someone with emotional blackmail just because you don’t like what they have to say. No one has to read tattle. It’s a choice.

Reactions: 11
Lizzie has had barely any comments on here and lots of good ones in those she has had which I notice she is failing to mention. Last time she barely>s had a mention she went off about it too. I get it’s not nice to read negatives about yourself - but you don’t have to, simple. You can’t put your life out there and be happy for positives and expect no negatives. No influencer seems to understand this and unfortunately, being ill doesn’t change that. It’s quite easy to not post your life if that is something you can’t handle. It’s also very malicious to post saying her family will have to read this when she’s dead. You don’t censor someone with emotional blackmail just because you don’t like what they have to say. No one has to read tattle. It’s a choice.
Exactly. And she has CHOSEN to put our comments on her own Insta feed, where they can clearly be seen by all her family.

Reactions: 9
She’s made stories. then within half an hour gone searching for herself - that’s normal!! So therefore she already knew her posts were bound to raise comments. And then proceeded to try and explain it all away with more emotional blackmail about what her family might see - I doubt they’d be in any frame of mind to go searching for comments
In that awful situation so it’s a ridiculous point. We are allowed opinions LE! You can’t do a woe is me / i have no money post and then immediately go looking for yourself to see what people think!

Reactions: 5
Exactly. I actually really like Lizzie but I have to disagree with her on this one. Yes I am human, I have a life, but I just so happen to post on a gossip forum. Where is the crime here?

Reactions: 13
Exactly. I actually really like Lizzie but I have to disagree with her on this one. Yes I am human, I have a life, but I just so happen to post on a gossip forum. Where is the crime here?
Just makes you more human, in my opinion! More so than all pretending to be Mother Theresa!

I really like LE but I did get the sense a GFM was on its way a couple of days ago, they all post about tattle to get attention and sympathy and then people saying we are setting up a GFM for you, ignore those nasty tattlers.

I’m so cynical when it comes to insta influencers. Yes we all need to earn money and I don’t begrudge that and most of her ads are actually ok, labelled correctly.

I bet these lot have all been in a watsap chat moaning about tattle and got a bee in their bonnet. It’s very predictable

You can bet money that near everyone who bashes tattle is a right witch in person too, saying it behind someone’s back to your friends isn’t any more saintly. They are always going to be backed by the yes men who follow them because by default they like you hence why they are following 😂🫠🤗

Reactions: 6
You can bet money that near everyone who bashes tattle is a right witch in person too, saying it behind someone’s back to your friends isn’t any more saintly. They are always going to be backed by the yes men who follow them because by default they like you hence why they are following 😂🫠🤗
As an example - AS IF all these cancer influencers who don't take the piss are honestly that comfortable with those who do. As someone who has stage 4 cancer I can tell you that, however strong and amazing you are, a little part of you must get a little miffed that, for example, someone like Nick Nack Lou who is childless and has a husband with a good job, is flaunting all these free holidays and you are struggling to get an appt with your oncologist.

They just don't want to break ranks. I am sure of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep. And some of those instagrammers are very much like the mean girls from school. The big, brash ones who would laugh at you and insult you in front of their 'gang', who were usually frightened of them and kind of hanging around in the background.

Yep. And some of those instagrammers are very much like the mean girls from school. The big, brash ones who would laugh at you and insult you in front of their 'gang', who were usually frightened of them and kind of hanging around in the background.
Totally agree, a lot of them give me massive school bully vibes. You just know they aren’t nice at all. Cancer doesn’t by default make you a lovely admirable person.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree, a lot of them give me massive school bully vibes. You just know they aren’t nice at all. Cancer doesn’t by default make you a lovely admirable person.
Tbh, nearly all of them give me those vibes, bar one or two who are sadly no longer alive.

As an example - AS IF all these cancer influencers who don't take the piss are honestly that comfortable with those who do. As someone who has stage 4 cancer I can tell you that, however strong and amazing you are, a little part of you must get a little miffed that, for example, someone like Nick Nack Lou who is childless and has a husband with a good job, is flaunting all these free holidays and you are struggling to get an appt with your oncologist.

They just don't want to break ranks. I am sure of it.
Wasn't there beef between LE and Raising Joey Danielle a while back? I think Danielle took a swipe at cancer people doing adverts, Lizzi took it to mean her (I don't think Danielle named her but she clearly thought she was talking about her) and there was some drama? It was a while back now but I remember one or both of them left Insta for a while too.

I don't know why LE is so upset, she has generally been spoken of quite highly on here up to now, which is saying something, let's face it!

I don't really have a problem with 'cancer influencers' when they are in Nicky or Lizzi's position - I know how it feels to not be able to work and feel like you are completely without purpose, and with me it was only temporary. If you have lots of followers and the opportunity arises to make money, I think most of us would do it tbh.

I do have a problem with directly using your very serious illness to flog stuff like Nicky does - ie. Being silent for a certain amount of time to garner attention, then coming in with a significant update and then tagging an advert onto the back of the engagement. Thats fucked up. And dishonesty, like when Nicky said the sale of the necklaces were going to charity when actually it was going in her pocket.

As far as GFMs go, I have always said that no one is obliged to ever donate to these things, i never do. And unless someone is outright lying about what the money is being used for, then it's peoples informed decision to donate. If they want to donate to someone's 'Living List' then that's on them.

Wasn't there beef between LE and Raising Joey Danielle a while back? I think Danielle took a swipe at cancer people doing adverts, Lizzi took it to mean her (I don't think Danielle named her but she clearly thought she was talking about her) and there was some drama? It was a while back now but I remember one or both of them left Insta for a while too.

I don't know why LE is so upset, she has generally been spoken of quite highly on here up to now, which is saying something, let's face it!

I don't really have a problem with 'cancer influencers' when they are in Nicky or Lizzi's position - I know how it feels to not be able to work and feel like you are completely without purpose, and with me it was only temporary. If you have lots of followers and the opportunity arises to make money, I think most of us would do it tbh.

I do have a problem with directly using your very serious illness to flog stuff like Nicky does - ie. Being silent for a certain amount of time to garner attention, then coming in with a significant update and then tagging an advert onto the back of the engagement. Thats fucked up. And dishonesty, like when Nicky said the sale of the necklaces were going to charity when actually it was going in her pocket.

As far as GFMs go, I have always said that no one is obliged to ever donate to these things, i never do. And unless someone is outright lying about what the money is being used for, then it's peoples informed decision to donate. If they want to donate to someone's 'Living List' then that's on them.
I think the above poster was spot on. Lizzy is having a bad day and was probably thinking of starting a GFM, she might have looked here to test the water and see what public opinion was, then taken the huff because it wasn't what she was hoping for.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.