Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking of Monique today, bless her. I watched a few of her old videos. She was so sweet, kind and patient. I hope she’s sleeping peacefully 💜
I’ve been thinking of her too, it’s so sad looking back at some of her old posts, she went through a lot.
I noticed there was an article about her funeral:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I just don't understand nat sometimes. I honestly empathise with what she has been through and how it has left her physically and mentally but she really needs to stop slamming others for having a bad time. Just seen her post about taking a deep breath through others complaining about their stoma reversals ....people have a right to have a rubbish time....stoma reversals are not always simple and I am pretty sure you would not want to poo yourself everyday to get rid of your stoma....just let people complain if they need too...it doesn't effect you so stop acting so awful about it!

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20230109_141316_Instagram.jpg

Everything from Nat Woodward is a bit barbed at the moment isn't it? Did she really need to say this? Especially if, as she claims, she knows people meant well.

I can totally understand why she might feel a bit bitter and angry at the moment, but you wonder whether social media is a useful place for her tbh.

Reactions: 15
If she knows people mean well, then why the low key condescension?

Reactions: 8
View attachment 1868488
Everything from Nat Woodward is a bit barbed at the moment isn't it? Did she really need to say this? Especially if, as she claims, she knows people meant well.

I can totally understand why she might feel a bit bitter and angry at the moment, but you wonder whether social media is a useful place for her tbh.
Was coming to say the same thing. She’s been deliberately evasive about her father’s condition- only mentioning vague things about his ill health, now people are sending nice messages and well wishes and shes in a huff about it and posting passive aggressive crappy comments like this. She’s unfortunately fast becoming unlikeable. She needs to take a break away from instagram and get some therapy.

I really think she needs to get off instagram. Her dads diagnosis has understandably caused her a lot of trauma but she isn’t in a good place mentally and she’s taking it out on the wrong people.

Reactions: 6
She’s become very ‘spiky’. I’m sure everyone can understand why, with her own stage 4 diagnosis and trauma etc and now her dad’s, but people only mean well.

Reactions: 3
Someone told me after my mum died 'gosh that was a shock wasn't it'. I could have bitten her head off but instead I said 'I'm sorry if it came as a shock to you. She was very private about her diagnosis, so it was an expected death for us. But we are pleased she got privacy and a peaceful death'

Reactions: 4
View attachment 1868488

She had mentioned that he was stage 4 so I think people were just saying he was looking well at that time and being kind. She is very reactive at the moment though.
I was taught a great thing to say by a close friend when I was diagnosed with an auto-immune condition years ago.....'You look well today but how do you feel?'
It made such a difference to me as she was asking about that moment and validating that although I looked ok I probably felt like tit. I've since used it for friends that have cancer and other conditions.

Reactions: 9
I’m loathe to criticise Nat W because I do like her and am always in awe of what she’s been through but I just don’t get why she posts stuff like this.

Lots of us went through surgeries and cancer treatment alone. Yes it was bleeping tit and yes her surgery was extreme but what use does it do looking back and effectively saying ‘poor me’? It just smacks of looking for sympathy and attention 🤷🏼‍♀️ Move on!

Attachments

Reactions: 5
She is right it is inhumane but she chose to push through for a reason - to have a life to live now. One she doesn’t seem to be living because she can’t move on from her trauma. I know it’s not black and white and it won’t ever “go” but she isn’t dealing with it at all.

Reactions: 4
Steve and Lauren on BBC breakfast. I didn't catch the jist bit Steve said how difficult it was to keep talking about cancer....and Lauren echoed that saying Deb told her to move forward with her life. Is this the end of the podcast (let's hope so!) But they both know without it they're nothing so....

She had mentioned that he was stage 4 so I think people were just saying he was looking well at that time and being kind. She is very reactive at the moment though.
I was taught a great thing to say by a close friend when I was diagnosed with an auto-immune condition years ago.....'You look well today but how do you feel?'
It made such a difference to me as she was asking about that moment and validating that although I looked ok I probably felt like tit. I've since used it for friends that have cancer and other conditions.
Nicolecoopy on Instagram passed if anyone followed 😪
Nicolecoopy on Instagram passed if anyone followed 😪
yes, it’s so very sad. She was wonderful

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yes, it’s so very sad. She was wonderful
That's devastating, I really liked Nicole. Her final Instagram post is beautiful. She handled the whole thing amazingly, I didn't realise she was this close to the end.
So sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That's devastating, I really liked Nicole. Her final Instagram post is beautiful. She handled the whole thing amazingly, I didn't realise she was this close to the end.
So sad.
She really did live up until her last seconds. I liked and admired her so much. She was just - herself. No ads, no showing-off a lifestyle, constantly working to improve things for other cancer patients. Really rare.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Nicole Coopy has passed away. I am in shock. Her last post 7 days ago she was walking in the right direction. It is a harsh reminder of how this illnese can just change everything within seconds :( Rest in Paradise Nicole x

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.