Camila as Queen? Yes or No?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla is a homewrecker, yes Charles commited adultery but Camilla was a willing party & had no thought for the other woman's feelings (Diana), tbh I don't really care, can't stand any of them with their horse mouths, & yeah I still got to get up, go to work & pay my bills.
Thing is, diana entered into a contract not a marriage.

Charles and Di had an arranged marriage
it pretty much was.

Reactions: 5
Thing is, diana entered into a contract not a marriage.

it pretty much was.
I never saw it as anything else ,just a business arrangement .She had the breeding to produce the heir to the throne .I can't see how anyone would fall for the whole fairytale romance there was no chem there at all she couldn't even look him in the eye .

Reactions: 4
I never saw it as anything else ,just a business arrangement .She had the breeding to produce the heir to the throne .I can't see how anyone would fall for the whole fairytale romance there was no chem there at all she couldn't even look him in the eye .
thing is, Charles never led her on either, he was a prick, but he never pretended to love her, she knew what she was getting into from the start.
she had a tit life and found a fairytale ending that was never offered to her

• Heart
Reactions: 6
thing is, Charles never led her on either, he was a prick, but he never pretended to love her, she knew what she was getting into from the start.
she had a tit life and found a fairytale ending that was never offered to her
I think she knew exactly what she'd signed up for marriage wise but maybe not prepared for the intrusion of privacy that comes with being a royal , Only a select few can cope with that , her MH declined massively.

Reactions: 3
@monga easy to forget she was only 19 I suppose.
Yes ,it’s very young when you look back there wouldn’t be many 19 year olds capable of taking on that job , maybe during the war when the royals were kept private and the media intrusion wasn’t as intense ! even Margaret struggled with her demons as they opened up to more public scrutiny, I’d hate to live their life money wouldn’t pay you.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely not.
Sorry but all the positive PR in the world, will not change my mind about her. She will forever be the adulterous B**** who contributed to the Princess of Wales state of mental health. Diana was no saint, but she did not deserve that treatment.
I would also like to add that after the Queen dies, so should the Monarchy. There is no place for it in the 21st Century, they are over privileged and out of touch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Diana was clearly very unwell from a young age, her mum had a big role in that, it’s hard to blame Camila because Charles loved her and not Diana 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jesus we’re so cynical, I think we’re broken 😂
I think these two will be the ones to cut the fat, I just hope Charles doesn’t go all green peace and woke/environmental crazy 😐
I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t

I do agree with @Rockin’ Robin in that they (the monarchy as a whole) are privileged and out of touch and should end with the current queen.

Last edited:

I do agree with @Rockin’ Robin in that they (the monarchy as a whole) are privileged and out of touch and should end with the current queen.
I think the monarchy will die a natural death anyway ,are young people even interested in it? I always see it as an old persons thing .I’d doubt younger people even know or care who Charlie’s and Camila are they envisage the Queen as the whole royal family.

I'm not too bothered about the royals one way or another, but I do think Camilla should be Queen. She hasn't put a foot wrong in the last twenty or so years, despite all the abuse she's had to put up with.
A friend of mine works for a domestic abuse charity and has told me that Camilla does an awful lot for them behind the scenes, but doesn't court publicity about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I work with older people. I think the queen defo doesn't look well. In clips I've seen of her she seems quite happy and engaged. But when you look at how reserved the queen was before, I wonder if she's a bit disinhibited. Would surprise me if she has some cognitive impairment. Probably exasperated by her bereavement and the stress of all the family dramas.

Reactions: 4
It wouldn't surprise me if she's got a terminal illness, the weight is dropping off her and her colouring has faded ,she was in hospital for tests a while ago so there must have been a problem needed investigated ,there's no treatment available for someone of her advanced years her body wouldn't cope.

• Sad
Camilla will do her duty and support Charles when he is King. They are married so like Mr and Mrs she is entitled to be Queen to her King. I think she will do a bloody good job and I cannot see the problem.

I’d argue that she looks a damn sight better than most 96 year olds.
For 96, she’s doing amazing.

Re: Camilla. I think she has put in the work, done the time, never complained, so I think she has proven herself in the past couple of decades. Do I condone cheating? No. But the whole Diana as wife scenario seemed like a contract, a weird Royal decision thing and I can see all the participants getting dragged into it etc.

Given the choice of Camilla, who knows how to work the charitable events, how to show interest in community groups etc, or, say, Meghan if she came back who just loves to wear expensive cloths for a photo op, it’s Camilla I would choose every time. It’s a job that she has proven she could do. Also, Catherine may be boring to some, but she’s playing it right for when William’s time comes. Like her or not she’s elegant, appears measured (not hot headed like Harry and Meghan), and would be a calm representative. She’s been training for this for years and I think her kids will be raised to be sensible and caring.

That said, I do think monarchy has had its day, there’s not really the justification of the whole birthright to rule a land any more, we have governments. If we got rid of the monarchy now I don’t think we would topple, we could still have the royal tourist traps, etc.

Absolutely. She has proved herself to be a reliable and valuable member of the Royal family.

You can see how much love Charles and Camilla have for each other. They always look so happy together and bounce off each other.
The fact is Charles should never have married Diana. Diana was never compatible with Charles or the Royal family. Without the whole Diana saga, we wouldn't even be asking this question.

Camilla will be supportive, she will take a step back and allow Charles to take centre stage. I don't think Diana ever would have allowed that.

All that being said, I like having a monarchy but I think it will start to unravel when Charles and Camilla take the throne.

It’s the speed of her physical decline is worrying and very noticeable.She’s lost a massive amount of weight.View attachment 1219631
I agree. Comparing pictures taken just last year, there is a huge comparison. I have questioned her mental state recently. Her talk is more informal. The overwhelming emotion from her and whoever made that decision to allow Andrew to overshadow at Prince Phillip's Memorial Service...the Queen would never have allowed that back in the day.

Last edited:
If only Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, Diana would most likely still be alive and there wouldn’t be any debate as to whether Camilla should be Queen or not.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Diana but I’ve heard a number of times that Camilla does a lot of good work quietly and away from the spotlight so I respect her for that. She’s kept her head down and got on with things.