Camila as Queen? Yes or No?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. She has proved herself to be a reliable and valuable member of the Royal family.

You can see how much love Charles and Camilla have for each other. They always look so happy together and bounce off each other.
The fact is Charles should never have married Diana. Diana was never compatible with Charles or the Royal family. Without the whole Diana saga, we wouldn't even be asking this question.

Camilla will be supportive, she will take a step back and allow Charles to take centre stage. I don't think Diana ever would have allowed that.

All that being said, I like having a monarchy but I think it will start to unravel when Charles and Camilla take the throne.

I agree. Comparing pictures taken just last year, there is a huge comparison. I have questioned her mental state recently. Her talk is more informal. The overwhelming emotion from her and whoever made that decision to allow Andrew to overshadow at Prince Phillip's Memorial Service...the Queen would never have allowed that back in the day.
He's always been her fav maybe it was on her bucket list ! her mental decline could be down to whats going on with her health ,even a kidney infection can have a massive impact on an old persons mental state ,although the tears during a recent ceremony would make you question if she's thinking it's a bit to close to home.

Reactions: 1
He's always been her fav maybe it was on her bucket list ! her mental decline could be down to whats going on with her health ,even a kidney infection can have a massive impact on an old persons mental state ,although the tears during a recent ceremony would make you question if she's thinking it's a bit to close to home.
Having worked with the elderly I have a pretty good idea but I’d get flamed for saying it.

If Diana hadn’t died chances are she’d have moved on and wouldn’t give two shits what Charles & Camilla were doing. I think with a bit more maturity and distance from the break up she would also probably have acknowledged that she was partly blame for the breakdown of the marriage too. By her death relations with Charles were warm and he popped into KP for friendly teas with Diana.

It’s ridiculous to keep punishing C&C for mistakes made decades ago, especially when the bitterness of Charles & Diana’s break-up was partly caused by being trapped in an archaic system that prevented them from divorcing until the situation had sunk to almost the absolute nadir of behaviour possible in a marriage and the situation was explosive.

Even in the 80s & 90s it was totally acceptable for people to walk away from bad relationships and start over with very little stigma. They should have been allowed to as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Having worked with the elderly I have a pretty good idea but I’d get flamed for saying it.

If Diana hadn’t died chances are she’d have moved on and wouldn’t give two shits what Charles & Camilla were doing. I think with a bit more maturity and distance from the break up she would also probably have acknowledged that she was partly blame for the breakdown of the marriage too. By her death relations with Charles were warm and he popped into KP for friendly teas with Diana.

It’s ridiculous to keep punishing C&C for mistakes made decades ago, especially when the bitterness of Charles & Diana’s break-up was partly caused by being trapped in an archaic system that prevented them from divorcing until the situation had sunk to almost the absolute nadir of behaviour possible in a marriage and the situation was explosive.

Even in the 80s & 90s it was totally acceptable for people to walk away from bad relationships and start over with very little stigma. They should have been allowed to as well.
I'm sure you wouldn't ,we're only surmising what's going on .Unfortunately old age comes to us all it's a fact of life along with the loss of dignity that comes with it .

I'm sure you wouldn't ,we're only surmising what's going on .Unfortunately old age comes to us all it's a fact of life along with the loss of dignity that comes with it .
The weight loss. I don’t think it’s mobility that is stopping her going out. I think it’s something related to other body parts and not pleasant. It’s difficult to say because I don’t want to insult her dignity.

The weight loss. I don’t think it’s mobility that is stopping her going out. I think it’s something related to other body parts and not pleasant. It’s difficult to say because I don’t want to insult her dignity.
I was thinking cancer myself ,she reminded me of a relative of the same age that went downhill weight wise it was an undiagnosed kidney cancer that had spread, I remember the Queen being taken into hospital for tests.

I was thinking cancer myself ,she reminded me of a relative of the same age that went downhill weight wise it was an undiagnosed kidney cancer that had spread, I remember the Queen being taken into hospital for tests.
Oh I’d forgotten about that. I think the same tbh. I have an idea what type.

Aside from mobility there is something else that keeps people housebound, that’s the thing I don’t want to say!

Oh I’d forgotten about that. I think the same tbh. I have an idea what type.

Aside from mobility there is something else that keeps people housebound, that’s the thing I don’t want to say!
Yes, I know what you mean.

The indignity of old age is especially cruel when you are a head of state and I’m sure she is being very well cared for if she is unwell. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she had gone full Queen Victoria and swathed herself in mourning black and retreated from all public view after Philip died.
Maybe she doesn’t want a Queen mum mobile like she had, or a wheelchair but wouldn’t using a wheelchair be a great image because of the many wheelchair users in our country who often get forgotten about when it comes to accessibility?

Reactions: 2
The indignity of old age is especially cruel when you are a head of state and I’m sure she is being very well cared for if she is unwell. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she had gone full Queen Victoria and swathed herself in mourning black and retreated from all public view after Philip died.
Maybe she doesn’t want a Queen mum mobile like she had, or a wheelchair but wouldn’t using a wheelchair be a great image because of the many wheelchair users in our country who often get forgotten about when it comes to accessibility?
Margaret used a wheelchair in public , the queen mum sticks , she even appeared with bandaged legs that why I think it’s possibly her health more than frailty being the problem they seem to be keeping her from public view.

It's like she's hanging on till after the jubilee.

She looked better than I thought she would at Philip's memorial service, but she's definitely going downhill and quite quickly.

But then she's got to 96, which not many do.

Charles will be eventually crowned King, Camilla his Queen Consort and I don't have a problem with that.

Oh yeah, I missed the topic of the thread! Camilla will be queen because that's what happens to the wife of a King.

I'm not against it, but I'm not bothered either way to be honest. I don't think the majority of the public cares either.

What titles the royals use is not really of any concern to me. And I'm hardly a republican.

I saw photos yesterday of Camilla (and Charles, in a top hat) hosting a rainy garden party for hundreds of people who were being honored at the party. Cam was smiling and wrangling her umbrella like a pro. One of my first thoughts was how Diana would not have enjoyed that rainy outdoor garden party. I think Camilla is good for The Job, like Catherine.

Reactions: 4
I don’t either Charles or Camila will like the intrusion at their time of life, that ship has long since sailed .They’re happy enough to stay in the background and do their own thing imo.