Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me laugh how are the end of that she said "at least I get a cup of tea out of it" .... It's always me, me, me.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I find it interesting that she always shares only the healthy foods she eats. Grateful for fruit. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not just fruit and fresh salads that have led her to get that big.

Surly sheā€™s tucking into more than just fruit and veg during this pandemic. Like the rest of society.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
DEFF53C9-3639-47D5-A55B-AB85B5700745.jpeg

I mean I will be honest, I havenā€™t had time to volunteer as Iā€™ve been working and doing all the shopping for elderly family members. But I havenā€™t been sat on SM complaining about feeling like a useless piece of tit. Itā€™s been what 7 weeks of lockdown and 9 weeks since her work dried up and sheā€™s just now started looking at volunteering?! Stop whingeing then.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
These plus size influencers worry me. Iā€™m not fat bashing (Iā€™m a size 18 myself) but it worries me that they make out being overweight is a great life choice to young girls. They forget to mention the chubrub, the varicose veins, back problems not to mention the pressure on the organs and joints.
Prancing around in your underwear is not positivity itā€™s giving a big middle finger to potential health risks. I know Iā€™m not the only one to feel this way.

Like I say Iā€™m not judging peopleā€™s life choices I just wish they would give a more balanced view.
They (just walloping a whole load of individuals into a bracket there) talk about chub rub quite a lot. Itā€™s how I am now gratefully aware of various products to use. No mention of the other stuff true, maybe they donā€™t suffer? I donā€™t know - is it totally automatic you (one) gets the full package of ailments if youā€™re overweight? (Genuine question).

Reactions: 1
They (just walloping a whole load of individuals into a bracket there) talk about chub rub quite a lot. Itā€™s how I am now gratefully aware of various products to use. No mention of the other stuff true, maybe they donā€™t suffer? I donā€™t know - is it totally automatic you (one) gets the full package of ailments if youā€™re overweight? (Genuine question).
I really agree with you here! Iā€™m not sure Callie mentions it much but a lot of plus size influencers share tips for chub rub (which my size 12 friends get too when itā€™s hot!), tips on travel while plus size. Iā€™m a size 22 and I get back pain but usually when Iā€™m stressed but Iā€™m in my 30s so havenā€™t noticed the joint issues yet but Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t help so I am trying to stay active and healthy.

Reactions: 2
When Iā€™ve been heavily overweight before, which I was after I had my daughter I suffered with really bad back pain. Iā€™m still overweight now but not nearly as heavy as I was. My back plays up a bit but itā€™s much stronger now because I exercise a lot more.

Callie is most likely at least 9/10 stone over weight and I canā€™t imagine that her spine, or anyoneā€™s spine is designed to carry that much excessive weight. My doctor put it well to me when I was at my heaviest and said itā€™s like carrying around a couple of large suitcases with you all the time. Itā€™s going to hurt!

View attachment 128421
I mean I will be honest, I havenā€™t had time to volunteer as Iā€™ve been working and doing all the shopping for elderly family members. But I havenā€™t been sat on SM complaining about feeling like a useless piece of tit. Itā€™s been what 7 weeks of lockdown and 9 weeks since her work dried up and sheā€™s just now started looking at volunteering?! Stop whingeing then.
Looked into it then thought nah thatā€™s too much like work, duck that Iā€™ll just lie in my hammock all day being fed and sprayed with water by Dan

No you donā€™t necessarily get the whole package, however theyā€™re all quite young and it certainly catches up with you as you get older šŸ˜¬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I was really sad to see that Dan wasn't at the top of her list of things to be grateful for. She is so lucky to have someone like him that does everything for her emotionally as well as physically.

Reactions: 7
Begging for a table cloth on her stories. I love when influencers as questions where they could easily google in the hope of a freebie.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She used to work at sainsburys. She'd get back in easy if she wanted to 'help' šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø they're calling out for online shoppers, the shift is literally 4 hours long. She can climb back into bed when she's done. Sorted.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Begging for a table cloth on her stories. I love when influencers as questions where they could easily google in the hope of a freebie.
I canā€™t think what she was asking about the other week too, was it an oven or dishwasher or something like that?! Obviously didnā€™t work as no new appliances have popped up recently

Reactions: 2
Either way I used to really like her sunny attitude and when she seemed really proactive but and was genuinely enthusiastic about stuff she was gifted.

But now she seems so driven by freebies and almost as if itā€™s taken for granted.

Reactions: 5
With all those freebies she's blagged, if she had any sense, she could package some stuff up for her key worker followers.

Reactions: 4
No I canā€™t say if a person will get all the ailments but I guess there is a higher percentage that get something. My worry is for my own daughter. These ā€œplus size body positivity ambassadorsā€ (I grouped them again) promote being big and make it look ok. Itā€™s not there are risks. As I said Iā€™m not fat bashing but I worry about their influence.

Itā€™s always seemed a little complicated to me - not providing fat fashion, fat happy safe spaces etc wonā€™t make fat go away, so whilst people have the bodies they have why not tell them about good brands, chub rub solutions, fat exercising etc. But I suppose I am privileged to view the plus size scene simply for fashion reasons (I am boobie rather than fat) - I am not seeking an ambassador who I can decide is telling me itā€™s glorious and nothing to worry about. Not sure Iā€™ve expressed myself well there.

I can be found wanging on about them not promoting fat a few pages back. I think George, Louise McSharry etc are very frank about the tit you get for being fat. Seems to me like thereā€™s a difference between promotion and saying look, weā€™re here and weā€™d like nice clothes please. But as I say, I suppose a lot of it is about the message youā€™re seeking for yourself?

Reactions: 6