Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re health problems and being overweight. I have been overweight but not massively so (size 16 verging towards 18 a couple of years ago). What I found was that everything was so much more difficult, my skin was worse, o slept so much worse, it was a struggle to climb stairs and some of the chubbier bits felt almost sore to the touch and I used to get worse mood swings around my period.

It was only a matter of months that I was that size but it was enough. I do think you can look lovely and be plus sized and it’s great that there is more visibility but they all brush over impact it has on overall health. I know some people are made to be bigger and tend to carry it well but it’s not the case for everyone by any means.

Reactions: 3
size 16 isn’t Necessarily overweight. In fact a lot of the plus size chat about about sizes not available on the highstreet off the rack so anything over maybe 20?

To clarify I am not saying you’re not plus-size at size 20, rather the battle being fought for fashion is potentially size 20 and above.

Reactions: 2
It’s always seemed a little complicated to me - not providing fat fashion, fat happy safe spaces etc won’t make fat go away, so whilst people have the bodies they have why not tell them about good brands, chub rub solutions, fat exercising etc. But I suppose I am privileged to view the plus size scene simply for fashion reasons (I am boobie rather than fat) - I am not seeking an ambassador who I can decide is telling me it’s glorious and nothing to worry about. Not sure I’ve expressed myself well there.

I can be found wanging on about them not promoting fat a few pages back. I think George, Louise McSharry etc are very frank about the tit you get for being fat. Seems to me like there’s a difference between promotion and saying look, we’re here and we’d like nice clothes please. But as I say, I suppose a lot of it is about the message you’re seeking for yourself?
If I've understood correctly, you're absolutely spot on here. I find it really interesting on the threads of all the plus sized bloggers there are either a) people who are not fat concern trolling about health or b) fellow fat people projecting their self-loathing onto said bloggers.

I've had historic problems with food and have ricocheted between a size 12 and a size 22 throughout my adult years. Sure, your knees hurt more when you're fatter, but that's a given, right? None of these girls are saying "tit, look how healthy my joints are!". I agree that the reason they've built up a following is because they acknowledged that fat girls deserved nice clothes and nice things. I can safely say that by far the worst thing when I'm in my fat phases is the way people treat me: you may as well be invisible. So I had a lot of time for a group who make me feel worthy and attractive in a world which screams otherwise.

The part I do have a problem with is the entitled grasping that completely alienates all of these influencers from normal humans. It's been highlighted by covid, and further exposed a dark underbelly to the whole influencer marketing model.

tempsnip2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When I’ve been heavily overweight before, which I was after I had my daughter I suffered with really bad back pain. I’m still overweight now but not nearly as heavy as I was. My back plays up a bit but it’s much stronger now because I exercise a lot more.

Callie is most likely at least 9/10 stone over weight and I can’t imagine that her spine, or anyone’s spine is designed to carry that much excessive weight. My doctor put it well to me when I was at my heaviest and said it’s like carrying around a couple of large suitcases with you all the time. It’s going to hurt!
It's also the knees that go sadly. Apparently for every lb overweight you are its 3lbs through your knees. Over time the structure of the knee changes and the internal parts like the cartilage become worn.

Reactions: 1
Gosh yes @HarderFaster ... that is what I meant and I agree with what you’ve said in addition.

There’s a huge amount of fat self hating and also fat health patrolling.

The entitlement attitude is influencer wide - not specific to fatties I’d say.

Reactions: 5
size 16 isn’t Necessarily overweight. In fact a lot of the plus size chat about about sizes not available on the highstreet off the rack so anything over maybe 20?

To clarify I am not saying you’re not plus-size at size 20, rather the battle being fought for fashion is potentially size 20 and above.
I would say it is overweight but from a society view more socially acceptable? (I’m really not saying that’s my viewpoint, I’m just saying from my point of view. I’m not very tall so the change in size was more apparent). I did experience the healthcare stigma though. Every time I went to my GP it was brought up; even when I went about a broken toe.

Oh god, absolutely @121212 - that tit is endemic. I do feel the plus size gals get a special sort of vitriol piled on them though.

But here I am, following nonetheless!

I think 16 is perceived to be a lot bigger than it is and it is used as shorthand for overweight, yes.

Were you asked your dress size or your weight? Either way you oughtn’t have been judged but the 2 are quite separate things I think.

Weird because I read that she was fretting when she got with Dan as his previous girlfriend was thin. She’s prob a 16-18 here? What now a 26?

Reactions: 1
I think 16 is perceived to be a lot bigger than it is and it is used as shorthand for overweight, yes.

Were you asked your dress size or your weight? Either way you oughtn’t have been judged but the 2 are quite separate things I think.
I agree totally. I’ve been a size 16 most of my adult life (occasionally ventured into size 14 or 18 territory) I’ve always been perceived as fat and have always perceived myself that way....however if I told someone my weight and height they’d frankly be shocked that I was only a size 16!

Please can we discuss her latest stories of arguing about doing the dishes...

Yes you should share things 50/50, but c’monnn doesn’t she feel an ounce of guilt that he’s trying to hold down a 9-5 whilst she’s sat doing nothing? She’s publicly berating him for not pulling his weight, which would infuriate me seen as she’s got all the time in the world! Both my partner and I have been WFH, but my job is a lot less busy than his so I’ve been more than happy to pick up the majority of the daily housework, then he does the less time pressured tasks (washing, ironing etc) at the weekend

Reactions: 6
Please can we discuss her latest stories of arguing about doing the dishes...

Yes you should share things 50/50, but c’monnn doesn’t she feel an ounce of guilt that he’s trying to hold down a 9-5 whilst she’s sat doing nothing? She’s publicly berating him for not pulling his weight, which would infuriate me seen as she’s got all the time in the world! Both my partner and I have been WFH, but my job is a lot less busy than his so I’ve been more than happy to pick up the majority of the daily housework, then he does the less time pressured tasks (washing, ironing etc) at the weekend
I actually can’t believe she did that. She works from home pretty much every day and I get the impression Dan doesn’t. I’d love to know if he comes home to a spotless flat every single day as she seems to think he has the time and she doesn’t? She needs to get a grip, his job is paying the bills right now

Yes, I am wfh and partner is not working as self employed - partner doing it all, shopping, cooking, cleaning, looking after our relatives who are shielding.

I actually can’t believe she did that. She works from home pretty much every day and I get the impression Dan doesn’t. I’d love to know if he comes home to a spotless flat every single day as she seems to think he has the time and she doesn’t? She needs to get a grip, his job is paying the bills right now
Did you see the state of her office they cleaned up at the start of lock down? It was disgusting, definitely no chance of coming home to a nice flat cos she’s been in all day 😬

• Haha
That office was truly the pits! I was stunned at the state of it. Every nook and cranny was covered in stuff - mostly gifts and PR freebies that had never been looked at 🤨

• Angry
She barely even makes her bed most of the time!!!

I don't work at the moment and before lockdown I did 95% of everything at home. Now my husband is furloughed it's more 50/50 but really there is no pressure to do anything as we're both here all the time with no one coming round. If he was still WFH then I would defo still be doing everything. Certainly wouldn't be slating him for not doing the dishes .... I'd be telling him to leave them!

Also..... it knocks me sick the way her and dan are on camera.

And that bit about the out of date probiotics she's taking, she couldn't sound less interested or informed tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Now she’s shadily added a swipe up to the couch, pretty sure that will earn her more than a few pennies!!

Also, one job in ten weeks, apparently took her ages to film and it’s...shite. What’s happened to her?!
At this rate she’ll be adding a swipe up for every object in her house.

• Haha