Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I take that particular brand of probiotics....they’re bloody expensive but they do work. However she’s obviously had them knocking about in the cupboard for ages as they send them well in date and you take them every morning to have any effect
I’ve noticed a few influencers plugging them, which does put me off them but because they’re so effective they can keep taking my money....annoyingly 😂

Reactions: 1
Do you think she ever just has a bowl of Shreddies or eggs on toast for breakfast? Such elaborate meals all the time. I just couldn’t be arsed.

Reactions: 9
She’s changed her bio again. “Travel photographer, speaker and internet dweller” 🙄🤮
Honestly. Does anyone follow her for the travel content?

personally I think her audience is plus size followers who want to get ideas for what to wear. why she is distancing herself from the plus side side of things - which is what gained her her following - is absolutely beyond me.

there are far more aspirational travel bloggers

I think I follow her off the back of Bethany Rutter

Reactions: 8
Honestly. Does anyone follow her for the travel content?

personally I think her audience is plus size followers who want to get ideas for what to wear. why she is distancing herself from the plus side side of things - which is what gained her her following - is absolutely beyond me.

there are far more aspirational travel bloggers

I think I follow her off the back of Bethany Rutter
Yes - you've hit the nail on the head here. I know her and Dan like the free trips, so much so they created another instagram page for it, but she's certainly not someone who i'd look up for tips for my next trip abroad.

Just seems like she's shooting herself in the foot?

Especially now with Covid and Hancock saying no foreign holidays this year... it wouldn't surprise me if there was another change in bio soon and she goes back to posting OOTDs.

Reactions: 4
Yes - you've hit the nail on the head here. I know her and Dan like the free trips, so much so they created another instagram page for it, but she's certainly not someone who i'd look up for tips for my next trip abroad.

Just seems like she's shooting herself in the foot?

Especially now with Covid and Hancock saying no foreign holidays this year... it wouldn't surprise me if there was another change in bio soon and she goes back to posting OOTDs.
She's 100000% trying to become a food blogger now. She's been gifted things she has no idea how to even use.
Wouldn't be looking to her for advice on travel or food and I literally love both those things 😂

Reactions: 3
Can you really be considered a travel blogger if the majority of your trips are organised for you through Contiki or whatever it's called?

Those I follow for travel content provide unique and interesting info / photos from a variety of different places, not just the standard itinerary available online for everyone to view.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can you really be considered a travel blogger if the majority of your trips are organised for you through Contiki or whatever it's called?

Those I follow for travel content provide unique and interesting info / photos from a variety of different places, not just the standard itinerary available online for everyone to view.
Definitely with you there, I like it when someone can give tips on booking and planning a trip. I personally like to travel on a budget (to an extent cos I’m too old for hostels), so my fave blogs have always been ones that have tips for free/cheap ways to travel. One blog I followed did a year of trips for £2000, fully costed etc. Even if you don’t have £2000 to spend on travel then surely an individual trip on that list would be more accessible than a contiki trip...

What normal people have so many foreign holidays per year. If she had to pay for them, all her clothes, make up, beauty treatments, etc etc how could she afford it?! I bet he doesn't get paid much more than £30k a year, and I bet they have a big mortgage. Oh let's not talk about her elaborate food. Like someone else said, why can't she have a bowl of cereal for breakfast? Why does their snack plate have to be so OTT?

Definitely with you there, I like it when someone can give tips on booking and planning a trip. I personally like to travel on a budget (to an extent cos I’m too old for hostels), so my fave blogs have always been ones that have tips for free/cheap ways to travel. One blog I followed did a year of trips for £2000, fully costed etc. Even if you don’t have £2000 to spend on travel then surely an individual trip on that list would be more accessible than a contiki trip...
I didn’t even know contiki was a thing here, I worked at Heathrow years ago and the only people that went on them were young Aussies....it was like their version on 18-30....definitely not aspirational

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I didn’t even know contiki was a thing here, I worked at Heathrow years ago and the only people that went on them were young Aussies....it was like their version on 18-30....definitely not aspirational
Yeah somehow I don't see them on an 18-30 (or is it 18-35) trip to Magaluf.

Reactions: 2
It's just so far from real life.... every trip is like a luxury beach paradise. No real life nitty gritty or ever cities really. The Jamaica holiday alone will of easily cost around £12k if not more for them to go. And she never declares it.

Once she said on her stories that she takes her own airplane seatbelt extender with her to the airport so she doesn't have to ask the cabin crew for one. And linked to where her followers could buy them from 😬

• Haha
To be fair I’m basing my idea of contiki off the trips she’s done with them because she’s gone on some really luxury tours ! Maybe they rebranded a bit since then?! My cousin’s partner works in luxury travel and it’s very similar sort of trips to her African trip!

I found the trip to Sri Lanka awhile ago really interesting and followed along with that. But I don’t necessarily think that was gifted and clearly took a lot of planning. Going to Sandals in Jamaica is not interesting and if I’m being honest, just makes me envious. A 12k luxury all-inclusive trip is just not relatable!

To be fair I’m basing my idea of contiki off the trips she’s done with them because she’s gone on some really luxury tours ! Maybe they rebranded a bit since then?! My cousin’s partner works in luxury travel and it’s very similar sort of trips to her African trip!
It’s obviously changed then....still not my idea of a fun holiday

I found the trip to Sri Lanka awhile ago really interesting and followed along with that. But I don’t necessarily think that was gifted and clearly took a lot of planning. Going to Sandals in Jamaica is not interesting and if I’m being honest, just makes me envious. A 12k luxury all-inclusive trip is just not relatable!
I’ve been to Sandals in Jamaica, it’s not all that, don’t be jealous....much better hotels there for a lot less (in my opinion, am sure some Sandals fans will disagree with me 😂)

Reactions: 1
It’s obviously changed then....still not my idea of a fun holiday

I’ve been to Sandals in Jamaica, it’s not all that, don’t be jealous....much better hotels there for a lot less (in my opinion, am sure some Sandals fans will disagree with me 😂)
So have i.. thats how I knew as soon as I saw the videos that the trip did not come cheap. She went to three different resorts across Jamaica and did loads of other things at the hotels which you have to pay extra for and the prices are extortionate!

Reactions: 2
I think it’s fine if she‘s pointed to seat belt extender availability if that assists someone to have a more comfortable (safe) journey. It might be embarrassing to ask - I’m sure it can be.

When it turned into a big ole lifestyle grid - holidays, interiors etc, that’s when I logged out. I am interested in fashion for different shapes - I can look at luxury holiday webpages pretty easily.