Callie Thorpe #4 The Con Corner, enabling Callie to make money standing on her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These comments are interesting and probably relatable to so many:
Finally someone is questioning the ridiculous price of this membership. Callie's gushing response is nauseating, understands my arse ! Doesn't give too shits because loads have signed up already ! I wonder what transparency there will be about how much of a cut her and her mate take from all the cash coming in !

Reactions: 6
I don’t know what people think they’re paying for. It’s not as if Callie is the most eloquent or educated on fat issues. She just reposts from more intelligent influencers. She’s not confident, as she has confessed herself, seems to be out of touch with plus size fashion and only posts on insta to bring us a new ad every few days. Why, with her as the face of this, would people have any confidence in quality content?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They could easily have done this for free and carried on with their adverts as income. Grabby insincere witches. Bet they won’t show the comments from tattle ‘trolls’ calling them out for this!

Reactions: 10
They’ve just done a live and said that over 500 people have signed up 😲
I'm sceptical. I know a fool and her money are easily parted, but this is so clearly a rip-off I can't believe that many idiots have signed up for it. They have to make it sound like a huge success to keep momentum going, so I'd not be at all surprised if they just plucked that number out of the air.

Reactions: 10
I thought exactly the same. They quickly said “but they might not all join the Facebook group” aka they don’t exist!!!

I'm sceptical. I know a fool and her money are easily parted, but this is so clearly a rip-off I can't believe that many idiots have signed up for it. They have to make it sound like a huge success to keep momentum going, so I'd not be at all surprised if they just plucked that number out of the air.
I thought exactly the same ! We already know that they are both liars after the last live when they denied the pricing structure that had been displayed on their site.

Personally I wouldn't trust either of them and I've already got massive concerns about the vulnerability of so many signing up to this bullshit.
£20 a month would go a long way to getting proper advice from qualified a professionals , something these two absolutely are not !

I thought exactly the same. They quickly said “but they might not all join the Facebook group” aka they don’t exist!!!
Why wouldn't they join if that's part of the membership fee ??

Why would you not join? If you don’t you’re getting even less from those two rip-off merchants....and if that’s true then earning £7.5k a month from this is an absolute liberty

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So after the snarky response on live to asking about membership they’ve now published it at.. exactly. The . Same. Price?! But they hadn’t decided?

can’t help but think they’ve taken this subscription idea from only fans... maybe that’s the exclusive content haha

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What’s the Facebook group called?

so basically what they’re saying is we’ve had loads of sign ups but they *won’t* all join the fb group? Pull the other one.

what they mean is hardly anyone has joined, but the only way paying members will have an idea of how many other members there are is on the fb group.

Surely you’d be encouraging everyone to join the Facebook group as that ultimately gives all paying members a better ‘community’......

How can we see how many members are in the fb group?

nevermind 500 sign ups, I’d be shocked if they’d got 50 people to part with their money for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also think after the initial get to know everyone it will become one of those sites that people come to off load and unless you are in a similar head space it all gets very very depressing.

I'm a member of a FREE Facebook group and it's a lovely group of women but there are lots of women that post who have some really serious sad stuff going on in their lives with relationships, eating disorders, body confidence etc, and whilst these groups are very supportive and people always offer advice, it's very clear that lots of them need professional help.

Knowing how deep seated plus size issues go I think it's incredibly arrogant and foolish for Callie to think she is remotely qualified to set something like this up, let alone charge for it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've had a little peep on facebook and there is an open page with 1200 follows and a closed group "members area" with 4 members. I wonder if this is the FB group they are referring to??

• Haha
  • Wow
I would not be surprised if they had lots of sign ups tbh even at that ridiculous price and when information and community spaces are readily available for free.

You can make a quick buck out of women’s insecurities, unfortunately. The likes of Anna Bey (she has a thread on here) has women buying courses for like 1000 quid and joining some coaching group.

Easy way to line pockets when you have a platform it seems.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Anyone else find that curvy roamer Lauren woman friend of hers super annoying?! She's the classic example of someone who thinks she’s funny but just comes across as annoying and insincere ! And those eyebrows ?! If Callie really was her mate she would tell her how ridiculous they look ! 🙄

Reactions: 11
I can imagine some people signing up for the first month or two to see what it's about but then not renewing once they realise it's a load of bollocks. I can't see it lasting to be honest. I also think once the interest dwindles, Callie and the other lass will be less motivated to stick with it too.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else find that curvy roamer Lauren woman friend of hers super annoying?! She's the classic example of someone who thinks she’s funny but just comes across as annoying and insincere ! And those eyebrows ?! If Callie really was her mate she would tell her how ridiculous they look ! 🙄
Has she always been part of the confidence corner? I thought Callie set it up alone. I don't follow the curvy roamer, but she's awful, she reminds me a little bit of the awful Poppy Adams.
I really hope it fails and they end up losing money.

Reactions: 4
Has she always been part of the confidence corner? I thought Callie set it up alone. I don't follow the curvy roamer, but she's awful, she reminds me a little bit of the awful Poppy Adams.
I really hope it fails and they end up losing money.
My understanding is that it's a joint venture but Callie is the main attraction because the other one, who is passive aggressive and has a really bitchy vibe about her, doesn't have the following. Although I'm sure she is the main brains behind it all because Callie is too lazy and doesn't have the intelligence. Last year when Callies main aim was to cash in on the pandemic Lauren ran the Con corner.

I just do not understand what it's supposed to offer. At all. Two completely unqualified randoms from instagram tell you how to... do what? What IS the product or service? It's just a load of nothing, dangerously uninformed nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.