Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would probably cry too, but she needs to go, she has a great back story though. Love Trixie she's the only original midwife left isn't she, not sure what happened to sister Mary Cynthia.
So I actually started to say about the lad and trixie but fell asleep and that's what the top was about on my post and Smj is going to find god again she seems depressed I love her character so much always have

Reactions: 1
I've taken to watching old episodes, was so bored with last nights I almost switched off. Its a shame as it was a superb show. I'm hoping SMJ gets killed off this season. I presume Trixie will get with the widow and the private hospital will be involved in a scandal, I mean its about time something good happened for her but its all tied up in much sadness and pain. The Turners are sickly sweet "oh Patrick!"
I too think Trixie will hook up with the widow

Reactions: 4
So I actually started to say about the lad and trixie but fell asleep and that's what the top was about on my post and Smj is going to find god again she seems depressed I love her character so much always have
My kids love SMJ too.

It’s strange because Dr Turner is currently in classic Emmerdale and his character couldn’t be more different I kept expecting to ask for Shelia.

Reactions: 3
I loved SMJ back when she was mad and witty. She was a wee ray of sunshine but the writers have bled the life out of her character. The whole thing is just so bland and humourless.

Reactions: 7
Characters just disappear on call the midwife chummy, the hot vicar, sister Mary Cynthia,

No one gives a tit once their gone 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Did mary cynthia not stay at the home of all the kids where may came from and the vicar is supposed to be coming back

Did mary cynthia not stay at the home of all the kids where may came from and the vicar is supposed to be coming back
I think that was Sister Winifred, I'm not sure what happened to Sister Mary Cynthia, other than she was attacked and ended up in a psychiatric hospital for a time.

Reactions: 3
Mary Cynthia was attacked and ended up needing psychiatric help and I *think* it was implied that she’d left the convent/sisterhood as she didn’t want to be addressed as ‘sister’ at the end of her storyline And that was that.

I think Trixie will get with the widow too. I hope she does anyway. I think he’s very fit. 😆

Also, how smug was Dr Turner toward the end with Sister Julienne? Omg, just the look on his face makes me want to give him a smack in the chops, basically telling her ‘ah I told you so’. Arse.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I rewatched the documentary last night. there’s some real heart warming stories. But showing old episodes made me realize how good it used to be. Even the filter they used was a lot more blue to give it a colder/ harsher feel. Now it seems everything is colourful and bathed in yellow. And don’t get me started on Dr Turner, he just acts himself. He was exactly the same in the documentary as in the show

Oooh is he coming back? Maybe him and Trixie will give it another go. I'm not going to lie it took me ages to warm to Barbara because I considered her the other woman :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Oooh is he coming back? Maybe him and Trixie will give it another go. I'm not going to lie it took me ages to warm to Barbara because I considered her the other woman :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I am sure I read somewhere that he is coming back

Reactions: 2
I felt the same way!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The vic and tirckie are together ain't they in real life
Yes, they have an adorable little girl together. I follow them both on insta and sometimes they show her. She is the double of her mum but has red hair.

Last edited:
I can’t watch it anymore, it’s just too sad and depressing. I’ve de-series linked it, such a shame. I know it seems dramatic but Ive given it a long chance since last Xmas & I used to love it...It reminds me of Hartbeat/Casulty - not in a good way.

It was supposed to be about having babies and some social context/history. It’s lost all of that. It dismal and twee, sanctimonious and depresses for the sake of it. I don’t even like the direction of the midwife characters :(

Reactions: 5
Odd, isn't it. I liked her in the end though and when I've rematch didn't feel the same way, but I've never really warmed to him.
I sobbed when she died. Yeah I'm not keen on his acting. Though I do feel him & Trixie had incredible chemistry. Maybe why they ended up together IRL

I've just watched the documentary that Dr Turner presents that's been mentioned quite a bit. Can you imagine him and his wife at home? the most SINCERE couple on earth.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.