Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt like the lady released from prison was a bit out of place this episode, a story for some filler. So much was happening already we didn't need another plot. Was her landlady actually being nice by kicking her out so she wouldn't lose the baby because her place is condemned? I couldn't tell if it was kindness or covering her butt, maybe a little bit of both. Also we're losing two of my favorites next season, such a bummer 😢
Yes I felt a bit of both, at one point I'm sure I saw her eyes and demeanor soften to the young girl.

I also wondered if we would see the lady in the factory again, that story seemed a rush addition just to write out Sister Francis.

My ideas for the Xmas storylines did not ring true but the young Turner kids did predictably sing in a show. One day those kids will turn and shout 'No', can't wait for Sheilaghs face :p

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I also wondered if we would see the lady in the factory again, that story seemed a rush addition just to write out Sister Francis.
I also felt the lady giving birth in the factory was a very rushed and brief plot purely to justify Sister Francis' departure. It's a shame both her and Sister Hilda are written out but I've always felt they were underutilised. It was nice to see Cyril having a bit more involvement for a change, e.g. hosting the talent show.

Reactions: 11
I thought it was a bit of a lacklustre Christmas special though I did love the return of Susan and her family though. It was so predictable as soon as they said the snowman costume didn't need sleeves where it was going 🙄

It was a shame to lose Sister Hilda and Sister Frances, I hope they write in a few more nuns. It doesn't help that I'm not that fussed on the midwives either at the moment.

Loved Reggie and felt they should have made a bit more of Cindy, I feel like I missed her giving birth?

Reactions: 4
I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting much but I really enjoyed last nights episode, hopefully the new series continues to be as good.
I wasn't expecting to like it that much but it was actually alright. It was good to see the return of the Mullucks family. I think what helped was that the cast were able to get close to their acting colleagues again and not stand at opposite ends of the room from each other as they did during COVID filming restrictions.

Reactions: 14
I really can’t stand Sheila & her kids! She’s such a twee, sickly character. I loved her as a nun but her voice grates on me now. And the kids are always front & centre at every event!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
When Sheila was singing Frosty I was sssshhusshing her, Sheila just let the children have their moment :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This just came back to. Promise me you will never say that to your father. Why? Why must doctor Turner be protected? 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Only just caught up on the Xmas episode and was really pleased with it. It’s been a bit hit and miss in recent times but this one has me 🥹🥹🥹 I am so happy Trixie is getting around to her happily ever after ❤

The proposal was wonderful, Trixie deserves so much happiness and I like how her alcoholism is a semi- constant plot point and that she is now in a place/position to help others.
I love that they didn’t just have her be an alcoholic for one series and then forget all about it and never mention it again. It’s very true to life that you can always see its shadow hanging over her - you’re always an addict and it does affect every part of your life and relationships with others, in good ways as well as bad.
Really enjoyed the episode as a whole, hope the next series is back on form!

Reactions: 14
I really can’t stand Sheila & her kids! She’s such a twee, sickly character. I loved her as a nun but her voice grates on me now. And the kids are always front & centre at every event!
Yes, I despise her “Oh, Patrick!” ( when he cures polio/decides to adopt all the orphans in Poplar/single-handedly delivers sextuplets while driving the mother to hospital/saves the world) and his “Your mother is a remarkable woman!” that both get trotted out far too often for my liking and make me want to throw up in my mouth! Also, Timothy calling her Mum annoys me so much, I think her first name would be much better.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Unpopular opinion but I love the turners. They’re just a wholesome family, two lost parents who had a lot to give and made this family to give it to. We’ve seen them grow hugely over the seasons I always look forward to seeing they’re up to each new season! We’ve seen Timothy grow up. Similarly the buckles and reggie, reggie has my heart!

Unpopular opinion but I love the turners. They’re just a wholesome family, two lost parents who had a lot to give and made this family to give it to. We’ve seen them grow hugely over the seasons I always look forward to seeing they’re up to each new season! We’ve seen Timothy grow up. Similarly the buckles and reggie, reggie has my heart!
When Reggie ran out to give his coat and scarf to the pregnant lady 😭😍

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Didn’t Dr Turner have terminal cancer r something at one point or have I totally imagined this?
If that man had terminal cancer he’d find a cure and be teaching himself the steps to Riverdance before the end of the episode.

When Reggie ran out to give his coat and scarf to the pregnant lady 😭😍
I adore Reggie. It would be nice if she came back and was a friend for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I loved it all, I always do. So happy for Trixie.

I really miss Chummy though.

Reactions: 13
I really miss Cynthia, Patsy and Barbara as well as Chummy-Miranda Hart was perfect in that role too!

Reactions: 15
I couldn't help but notice in the Christmas special just how much Vanessa Redgrave's voice is deteriorating. Her voiceovers are getting more croaky with each series.

Reactions: 16
I couldn't help but notice in the Christmas special just how much Vanessa Redgrave's voice is deteriorating. Her voiceovers are getting more croaky with each series.
I know it’s because the show is based on Jenny’s books but I think it would make more sense if the voice was changed to an older Trixie or Lucille.

Reactions: 9
I know it’s because the show is based on Jenny’s books but I think it would make more sense if the voice was changed to an older Trixie or Lucille.
I agree, it would make sense to change the narrator from Mature Jenny to another character especially as Jenny left at the end of Series 3. At the same time, that's when CTM stopped being "based on" Jenny's memoirs. From Series 4 onwards it's only "inspired by."

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.