Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just finished episode 5 or 6 of the latest series. The first few episodes were very much Call Dr Turner episodes, bur the most recent ones were pretty interesting and moving. The one with the disabled dad made me cry, and having Nurse Crane leave broke my heart, as she is one of my favourite characters. The social distancing is pretty obvious, with characters standing in doorways rather than coming in to rooms, tables or beds separating them, and it’s especially visible in Lucille and Cyril’s scenes. Also, all the big coats/capes Trixie is wearing, how she's pushing a pram, holding files, holding a picnic basket or only shown from shoulders upwards is quite funny now I know the actress was being filmed when she was pregnant. Definitely lots of foreshadowing disaster, with the unexploded bombs in Nonnatus House, the raven, the broken picture frame…
I like Matthew, or at least find the actor portraying him to be quite nice to look at, so if he and Trixie end up together, I won’t complain.
Sister Frances and Nurse Colgan ( Nancy) doing the puberty/sex talk seemed a bit unlikely, as it’s still only about 1967, so I would have thought there would be more uproar about it. I like Nurse Nancy, adore Sister Frances and Sister MJ.

Reactions: 3
Just finished the last two episodes of the season. I was convinced Sister Julienne wasn’t going to make it. Seeing Nurse Crane back in action, taking charge and using her beloved Rolodex made me so happy-she is one of my favourite characters so missed her presence during the few episodes when she was away. Sister Frances is just wonderful too, she’s so enthusiastic, happy to help everyone and has a massive heart. She’s really gaining confidence and is excellent at advocating for her patients, even when she is scared.

Reactions: 4
Just finished the last two episodes of the season. I was convinced Sister Julienne wasn’t going to make it. Seeing Nurse Crane back in action, taking charge and using her beloved Rolodex made me so happy-she is one of my favourite characters so missed her presence during the few episodes when she was away. Sister Frances is just wonderful too, she’s so enthusiastic, happy to help everyone and has a massive heart. She’s really gaining confidence and is excellent at advocating for her patients, even when she is scared.
Nurse Crane is my favourite character from any show ever!

Reactions: 8
Just came across this pic 🙄 very late I know
No way was Heidi 27 here, more likely 17 😂
Aw she looks lovely
Stephen-McGann-favourite-photo-1212699.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Probably an unpopular opinion but I feel Trixie is becoming a bit redundant. I don't dislike her character at all, I just find it a bit of a yawnfest when it's her scenes now. They've boxed her character in with alcoholism and failed relationships, and this Matthew one is unbearable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve just seen on Instagram that there is a call the midwife podcast on bbc sounds!!

Sorry that’s fake news. The ta some show about listers similar experiences to things that happened in the show

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can’t believe it’s nearly time for the Christmas special already. Please be good 🙏🏼.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was expecting them to bump off Sister MJ but I suspect that won't be advertised. I'm still shocked by Sister E being bumped off unexpectedly 🤣. Glad they're revisiting the Susan storyline though

Reactions: 5
Afternoon all! I just started watching CTM and racing through it, in season 6, the episode where Shelagh gives birth. I’m sorry, I mean, Dr turner giving birth! Legs akimbo! Can’t deal! He really does get everywhere 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.