Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved it. Thankfully they seem to have dialled down on the Dr Turner is a superhero storylines so far.

I think I'll like the new nun, she seems fun.

Did I spy the old Martin Fowler actor in the next episode?

Reactions: 8
Well a good start to the series, I don't think it brings the feelings the early series did due to the environment/ situations which many were so far away from today's way or standards of living compared to the recent season which is more familiar. Happy they could film without the Covid restrictions it flows alot better but the whole team did so well during the pandemic.

Reactions: 6
I really enjoyed tonight's episode but I'm really worried for precious Lucille. She must be protected at all costs. Was cheering for her when she was like duck you have your baby without me. It's an interesting storyline but I hope Lucille doesn't leave.
Trixie was very annoying in this episode. The talk of clothes seems so juvenile now.

Reactions: 15
I thought Nurse Crane was going to be an old-fashioned, grumpy bossy-boots at first! She was also a bit sharp with one of the other midwives and I thought I would never like her. By the end of the episode, my opinion of her had completely changed and I absolutely adore her. She is the one I would most want to be friends with and the one I would choose to help me deliver my baby if I were to ever procreate. She’s very modern in a lot of ways ( drives, vegetarian, atheist/agnostic which were ally pretty uncommon for people, especially women to be in the late 50’s/early 60’s), organised, likes learning/challenging herself ( Spanish classes), is really organised ( Rolodex), and just generally has a really modern outlook on situations. She offers practical help, warm and comforting but realistic reassurance and is still open to finding love ( the man in her Spanish class) she and loves clothes/fashion ( she got just as excited as the younger characters when the new uniforms came in, a few Seasons ago now).
I agree. As much as I hated seeing others leaving, and would love ones like Chummy to return, if Nurse Crane left, I would not enjoy the show as much at all. The minute she comes along to any situation and starts with 'lass...' I know all will be well. Or if it's not well, she will deal with everything so bravely and appropriately.

I love her friendship with Miss Higgins too. Something I liked last night was when Miss Higgins said 'present at death' could be put on the form. It seemed such a small thing, but it wasn't, for the woman who had just lost her partner.
And trust Miss Higgins to know her forms 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree. As much as I hated seeing others leaving, and would love ones like Chummy to return, if Nurse Crane left, I would not enjoy the show as much at all. The minute she comes along to any situation and starts with 'lass...' I know all will be well. Or if it's not well, she will deal with everything so bravely and appropriately.

I love her friendship with Miss Higgins too. Something I liked last night was when Miss Higgins said 'present at death' could be put on the form. It seemed such a small thing, but it wasn't, for the woman who had just lost her partner.
And trust Miss Higgins to know her forms 😁
Yes, you would never think Miss Higgins and Nurse Crane would be friends! They have nothing in common, except both being unmarried older ladies with an interest in being organised and medicine/science. Miss Higgins is so prim and proper, probably a church-goer and seems to be a little old-fashioned. Seeing her and Nurse Crane team up for the Christmas special was phenomenal, they were both so calm, organised and really reassuring.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wasnt sure i was going to bother to watch, missed the christmas episode, but put it on today and really enjoyed it. I just need to remember its back 🤣

Reactions: 3
Not much to say about the show- though I’ve followed it for years and love it- just thought you’d like to know that Helen George/Trixie and Jack Ashton/Rev Tom live in my East London neighbourhood and seem lovely in real life. I spot them holding hands around town. Mostly see Jack doing things like the nursery run or playground time, I assume as Helen had to film the series. That’s it, that’s my tea. Just a nice sweet family.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I googled Helen George wedding because I couldn't remember if her and Jack were married. Only went and seen spoilers of her wedding to Matthew. Usually enjoy spoilers, but I wanted Trixies dress to be a surprise 😭

I really enjoyed tonight's episode but I'm really worried for precious Lucille. She must be protected at all costs. Was cheering for her when she was like duck you have your baby without me. It's an interesting storyline but I hope Lucille doesn't leave.
Trixie was very annoying in this episode. The talk of clothes seems so juvenile now.
I suppose the writers see the clothes thing as part of her character although I found it a bit drawn out too.

I thought she redeemed herself though at the death bed. She is really good in scenes like those. There's a real sense of calmness about her, I like Trixie.

I thought more was going to be made of the 'butcher' (was he a butcher or did I miss hear?) who ran down the little Asian girl. With the race storyline and him going to the protest ... aka parents turning up and so forth.
Just looked like a segway for Fred though and his new lollipop! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I really like this show most of the time, but the fact that the characters are always holier than thou grates a bit at times. Some of it is way too cheesy!
I enjoy the medical side of it though.

Reactions: 5
Oh Lucille come back immediately.
So Nancy... Either stealing or wracking up debt. What do we think?

Reactions: 5
So has Lucille gone for good? I really liked this character, I hope she comes back 😢

Reactions: 1
I thought he'd aged a lot, considering he's only 37
I thought I recognised him from somewhere couldn't put my finger in it.

I really like this show most of the time, but the fact that the characters are always holier than thou grates a bit at times. Some of it is way too cheesy!
I enjoy the medical side of it though.
It is terribly cheesy but good Sunday night viewing I suppose. I was going to watch Midsomer Murders last night but ITV changed its schedules because of the Prince Harry interview.

Reactions: 2
I loved it. Thankfully they seem to have dialled down on the Dr Turner is a superhero storylines so far.

I think I'll like the new nun, she seems fun.

Did I spy the old Martin Fowler actor in the next episode?
I’m just catching up and I genuinely thought it was Harry Maguire at first glance 😂

• Haha
Oh Lucille come back immediately.
So Nancy... Either stealing or wracking up debt. What do we think?
I’m guessing debt because she’d not have had the shop’s bag if it was stolen.
Was Fred in this episode? I might have missed him though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.