Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plot lines for Christmas Special??

- Sister Julienne I think is keeping a health secret - would they dare kill her off at Xmas?!
- Trixie returns & pregnant from their rendezvous
- First epidural?
- or another heart warming nativity with the Turner kids 🙄 ...they might even gain a voice?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Plot lines for Christmas Special??

- Sister Julienne I think is keeping a health secret - would they dare kill her off at Xmas?!
- Trixie returns & pregnant from their rendezvous
- First epidural?
- or another heart warming nativity with the Turner kids 🙄 ...they might even gain a voice?
I really don't know why they gave them so many children as the child actors don't do anything. I would much rather watch Shelagh as a midwife instead of a stepford wife who's main line is "oh Patrick"

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Guys I can’t believe we’re 12 series deep and sister Monica Joan lives to see another day. That’s the only shock of the series
It ain't a shock she's a queen I mean lets be real here she's the main character with her one liners to her mood nah shr won't let us down

Reactions: 4
i can’t believe they survived. When they were talking about putting the baby in the coffin with someone kind, I really thought the end scene would be Sister Juliene and the baby and cried for the rest of the episode 😅

Reactions: 6
I do wonder how Shelagh manages to be a midwife at all with three young children and a home to run! I imagine back in the day that most doctors wives wouldn’t have worked at all.
I noticed the kids stuck to gender stereotypes when playing, the girls as nurses and the boy a doctor - but I suppose that is true to the time!

Reactions: 12
Hmm, all the build-up to the final episode which in the end I felt was an anti-climax. Led to believe a major character was going to be killed off but of the 5 fatalities 2 were new fleetingly introduced characters (train driver and tea lady), 1 was a random man lying on a stretcher and 2 appeared to be unknown. The train crash storyline brought some drama back into it, e.g. cliff hanger ending and who was going to get caught up in it. It ended a bit "all is well, nothing to see here" tweeness.

The absence of narration at the beginning was great (the programme didn't need it) and I'm pleased that Phyllis returned from her holiday.

Reactions: 13
Sister Julienne was unwell earlier in the season too wasn’t she? Although it was mild?

I am wondering if they will make her unwell at Christmas…

Am I terrible person for being disappointed that Nurse Corrigan got off the train? She really irritates me, even more than the Turners

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Am I terrible person for being disappointed that Nurse Corrigan got off the train? She really irritates me, even more than the Turners
And why does she bang on about sex so much? 😂 Surely a woman in those days who was brought up by Catholic nuns and now lives in essentially a convent, with nuns, wouldn't be so blasé about sex? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why did they send Sr Julienne on the course when she hardly leaves her office these days, never mind deliver babies

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I spent too much of that episode on tenterhooks waiting for something bad to happen to someone. I thought was it going to be Nurse Corrigan because of the bump to her head and when she was in bed drinking tea, Sister Frances comes to check on her and she's gone. then I thought was it going to be Timothy looking for his dad, then until she walked through the door I thought that Phyliss was already on her way back and she had been on the train and nobody knew.

Reactions: 3
Definitely an anti-climax. Only saving grace of the episode was Phyllis catching Cyril in his undercrackers then swiftly restoring order to the destruction. What a woman 😍

I have no love for her at all, she jars with the rest of Nonnatus House and if she's the new generation coming through I'm just going to go sit in Chapel with Sister MJ and reminisce about the good old days 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not sure if its been mentioned before, I only started following the thread last night bit the actor who plays Reggie is ' dirty den's' real son.
He really had a look of him last night when he was having his photo taken for the paper.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Not sure if its been mentioned before, I only started following the thread last night bit the actor who plays Reggie is ' dirty den's' real son.
He really had a look of him last night when he was having his photo taken for the paper.
Yes!!!! That's right I'd forgotten that

It doesn’t make sense her being the voice over anymore Jenny left ages ago. If they were going to keep it it should of been an elderly Trixie or Lucille.
Remember a Christmas episode when they started with her, showing her face? That was the time to switch it to old sister julienne or an old trixie

I do wonder how Shelagh manages to be a midwife at all with three young children and a home to run! I imagine back in the day that most doctors wives wouldn’t have worked at all.
I noticed the kids stuck to gender stereotypes when playing, the girls as nurses and the boy a doctor - but I suppose that is true to the time!
They had a nanny many seasons ago, at least that was believable

I’m still wishing for chummy to return, the plot line really never properly resolved

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.