Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight's episode was boring. It didn't even set anything up. Previously, nothing would happen in the episode and then a bit later you'd realise they were setting something up.
Couldn't care less about Cyrils Church, damp lady's damp or trixies driving lessons.

Reactions: 7
That was so boring. I think I’m going to follow suit and also start watching from Series 1 again.

Reactions: 3
That was so boring. I think I’m going to follow suit and also start watching from Series 1 again.
Me too. Even the light when filming was colder/ harsh which gave it a realistic feel in the fist few episodes. Now it’s almost all round warmth which doesn’t help the sicklyness of it all.

Reactions: 8
I Ioved Sister Julienne giving sensitive medical information away to Cyril, an engineer with the council! Why would she be telling him that woman was a patient, let alone due to give birth soon, especially when he was only in contact with her to find out why her husband hadn't been to church

Reactions: 13
Something bothers me so much about the narration of Jenny at the start/end of each episode 😤 her voice is so annoying lol I can't put my finger on what it is, it almost sounds like the last words of a woman on her death bed every time?? The weary strain on her voice is really grating 🫣

Reactions: 9
Some new faces on the production team would breathe life into this series. It's made by a production company for the BBC so surely they can feed back to them that they want changes. It's still got so much potential as part social history, part character led stories and part feel good Sunday drama.

Reactions: 4
It must be difficult to be a screenwriter looking back on yesterday with today's eyes. I don't think they can win. On one hand all the awful, racist, sexist tv 'comedies' that were broadcast in the 60's and 70's are now mostly (rightly) unacceptable today yet here we are slagging CTM off for being unrealistic. There was horrible, nasty racism and women treated appallingly back then and it would make for really uncomfortable viewing. CTM has fallen into the 'cosy Sunday night light drama' category, especially once they ran out of storylines from Jennifer Worth's books.

But I do love the "suspension of disbelief" type posts on here though :-D
They can win as the original 3 series proved. They excelled at telling difficult but truthful stories. That's why it's such a disappointing tit-show today.
---
Some new faces on the production team would breathe life into this series. It's made by a production company for the BBC so surely they can feed back to them that they want changes. It's still got so much potential as part social history, part character led stories and part feel good Sunday drama.
Actually, it is probably the BBC that has brought in the woke agenda that CTM is struggling so much with. The BBC is riddled with men's rights activists.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m bored with Nancy and Collette 😴
As someone who grew up in a single parent/only child family in the 1970s, it wasn't the lovely, all accepting community as portrayed on CTM

It was actually still quite harsh.

It is a drama - not real life. But it does annoy me!!!

Reactions: 15
As someone who grew up in a single parent/only child family in the 1970s, it wasn't the lovely, all accepting community as portrayed on CTM

It was actually still quite harsh.

It is a drama - not real life. But it does annoy me!!!
I said to my husband. The nuns would NEVER have allowed a single parent and her child live in the house.

Reactions: 15
Just thinking, I’m quite surprised the BBC haven’t ‘encouraged’ more of the cast to do Strictly. .

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.