Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, It's way too cutesy now. It's a poor area, the storylines should reflect the hardships of the time. I agree about Cyril - maybe he's going to be angst ridden for two episodes then get together with the new midwife. He was gagging to oil her chain.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Omg, Stephen McGann’s FB page has just come up on mine as recommended. It’s full of philosophical quotes that often don’t make sense and sincere thanks to ‘all my fans.’ :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Just seen an article about Rosie Jones and everyone in the comments is saying how good she is. Are they too scared to say anything? I really want to but they'll say I'm ableist or some tit

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the rest of the cast privately take the piss out of the writer when they get their scripts. “Oh look, Dr Turner saves the day again!” 🙄😆 If we’ve noticed it then they must have too.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if the rest of the cast privately take the piss out of the writer when they get their scripts. “Oh look, Dr Turner saves the day again!” 🙄😆 If we’ve noticed it then they must have too.
I get the impression that, if they said anything about it, their character would hastily disappear off screen between seasons!

Reactions: 5
Just popped on to say that after not getting through the Xmas special or the first episode, I think this season is going to be rubbish. The show has completely moved on from the heart of what made it an excellent show. I'm just not interested in Nancy or the new girls or even Trixie's marriage to Mr Dullard. The Turner's are so sickly sweet it's repellent. I'm certainly not interested in the over bombastic new nuns they keep bringing in and I've never though Sister MJ was a great character. A great shame they couldn't keep personal progressive politics out of a non-political period show.

Reactions: 15
It must be difficult to be a screenwriter looking back on yesterday with today's eyes. I don't think they can win. On one hand all the awful, racist, sexist tv 'comedies' that were broadcast in the 60's and 70's are now mostly (rightly) unacceptable today yet here we are slagging CTM off for being unrealistic. There was horrible, nasty racism and women treated appallingly back then and it would make for really uncomfortable viewing. CTM has fallen into the 'cosy Sunday night light drama' category, especially once they ran out of storylines from Jennifer Worth's books.

But I do love the "suspension of disbelief" type posts on here though :-D

Reactions: 4
I’ve recently gone back to the beginning and it was so good in the first few series 😭😭😭😭

I think part of the challenge is as it’s moved through the times the need for the midwives in Poplar has changed - more woman were opting for hospital births and less home births. It was dramatic because it was woven with the poverty and challenges of post war East end. Each episode feels a bit repetitive!

Reactions: 7
I can see Phyllis pissing me off with this wages storyline. Never thought I’d say that about her

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Mixed race kids all over the gaff. Poplar is so progressive

Mixed race kids all over the gaff. Poplar is so progressive
Just said that to my husband. I watched series 1 in the week and a lady had a black baby (not her husbands) and she was so ashamed.

Reactions: 4
I am uninterested in Violet running for mayor, she is not some incredible politician, she is a jobsworth just the same as any other

Reactions: 10
I actually quite enjoyed that episode I hope the damp/living conditions is reoccurring because a bit of polyfiller isn't going to get rid of damp!
And I have to be honest Violet boils my piss sometimes and Phyllis is already doing my nut on about this pay rate.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.