Busy Phillips

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she ended it? She strikes me as someone ego really wants a cause ie non binary child, a bitter divorce.

Reactions: 1
I think it was mutual but who knows. I think she is quite lonely and it makes me sad for her. The validation she craves from insta makes me very sad tbh. I hope she has more acting gigs on the horizon this year. She needs to be kept busy. Busy by name and all that!

Sorry if already discussed as new to the thread, but I quite liked Busy from her roles in Freaks and Geeks and Cougar Town. I listen to a podcast called Celebrity Memoir Book Club and they covered Busy’s book and I’ve not actually listened to that episode, but apparently Busy is saying that the hosts of the podcast led her daughter to know that her parents were separating / not happy because her daughter found the podcast episode. On her own podcast Busy is making fun of the hosts and being quite bitchy by mocking the hosts… god it all seems to much to get upset over people discussing something she wrote herself??!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think she thinks by describing herself as “outspoken” or “honest” that gives her the go ahead to be a witch.

From around 1 hour 53 mins:

also who loves the sound of themselves so much that they have a podcast with episodes over 3 hours?!

Sorry if already discussed as new to the thread, but I quite liked Busy from her roles in Freaks and Geeks and Cougar Town. I listen to a podcast called Celebrity Memoir Book Club and they covered Busy’s book and I’ve not actually listened to that episode, but apparently Busy is saying that the hosts of the podcast led her daughter to know that her parents were separating / not happy because her daughter found the podcast episode. On her own podcast Busy is making fun of the hosts and being quite bitchy by mocking the hosts… god it all seems to much to get upset over people discussing something she wrote herself??!!
I don’t understand, if the podcast hosts knew how did her own daughter not know?

Sorry, I’ve just started listening to the podcast, I’m not a podcast person but how does one listen to this valley girl drone (and listen, I live in the US, I’m not trying to high road anyone here) for 3 hours??

Her voice is like fingernails down a blackboard for me. Cannot stand her. Forever riding the coat tails of her more successful friends. Her and Kelly Oxford documenting their mid life crisis via Insta is embarrassing.
OMG, YES!
Does Kelly have a thread because she 100% needs one!?

I randomly remembered the other day how Kelly and Jenny Lewis were besties, I think along with Busy too, and would often post about how they were neighbours etc. And then one day they never mentioned one another again, unfollowed each other, and never spoke of it again!!!

Fun picture from way back ; you wouldn't even know that was Kelly

I’ve unfollowed both of them on Instagram to reduce the amount of cringe I have during 2023

She comes across as an exhausting person. Always has to be a victim of something or other.

Meanwhile, I could not imagine listening to anyone from Hollyweird drone on for three hours about anything.

I do think that she has not seemed the same ever since she moved to NY. And I agree that her friendship with Birdie is weird. She should be a parent first.

Yeah I think it sounds like Birdie will be going to boarding school there soon. Although I dip in and out of the podcast and Busy recently said Birdie was looking at performing arts high schools in New York and that she was really lucky to have so many good schools nearby. And that she wasn’t accepted to the Swedish school anyway. Not sure what’s changed!

I listened to the start of the most recent podcast episode and was sad to hear Caissie’s mother died suddenly just before Christmas. My heart went out to her. She never cries on the podcast, it’s always Busy crying over pretty much nothing and Caissie comforts her. It must have been hard for her to talk about but she spoke so well. Only listened to half of it but I’ll listen to the rest later and might find out more about Birdie and Sweden.

Reactions: 2
Ok so I persisted and listened to the rest of the pod. It looks like Birdie is still persuing the Swedish boarding school idea. Busy was going on about her own grief and crying hysterically whilst Caissie is sitting there having just lost her mother. Ffs Busy, for once please recognise it’s not all about you! And Caissie is so nice she starts consoling Busy 🙄

Anyway the grief and heartbreak she alluded to makes it sound like she’s been dumped and a couple of things she said made me think it might have been another woman. Which is cool if she’s bi, but you know how dramatic Busy can be. She’ll wait a full year then it’ll be a big reveal of ‘I’m queer now’. No doubt Birdie will be raging 😂

• Haha
God they need to get a life. Sounds like Birdie is over that phase and everyone should let her mother be about it. The fact Busy wants to be besties with her teenager is her problem.

I’ve never known a mother to idolise their child the way Busy does with Birdie. We all love our kids but she is so OTT with how freakin special and amazing she claims Birdie is. My god Busy, calm down!

And yeah I think Birdie has moved past the BS of the non binary identity and seems fully comfortable in herself as a girl. Which is great! But the KwEeR community will not let it go. This is the problem with announcing your kids fads to the world. They move on but the internet has her in that ‘category’ for life.

Reactions: 4
It’s a good role for her to be fair, very like the other dumb blondes she has played before. But maybe a little too true to life for anyone self-aware…

Also the idolising of Birdie makes me feel a bit weird about Cricket but I remember when Birdie was about that age, she didn’t want to be on Instagram at all and it was all cricket all the time. Another reason why I stopped putting my kids on even my private Instagram a couple years ago.

I’m glad she’s finally in a musical. She’s always singing, seems made for her. Can see her doing a broadway show at some point.