Bryony Farmer #2 A baby is for life, not just before/after Christmas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I haven't seen discussed on here, her poetry. Does she think it's good? Because that's the kind of poetry that I wrote when I was 13 and which I now bury deep in my hard drive and try to pretend never existed.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm not sure I'd go with sociopathic so much as autistic, because she obviously can't read a room in any way and is just trying to blend in by jumping on the bandwagon. I wonder when/if she will jump on the "Late Diagnosed Female ADHD" bandwagon, as that seems to be the latest thing popular thing that she can piggy-back off for a couple of clicks.
If you have watched her from the beginning, she lies like you wouldn't believe. Munchausens, jumped from illness to illness. Thinks she is the only person in the world to ever exist or matter. I think she is sociopathic because of the way she considers other people, particularly kids, as pawns she can use rather than actual people.

Reactions: 4
If you have watched her from the beginning, she lies like you wouldn't believe. Munchausens, jumped from illness to illness. Thinks she is the only person in the world to ever exist or matter. I think she is sociopathic because of the way she considers other people, particularly kids, as pawns she can use rather than actual people.
I’m torn because the criteria for sociopathy / anti social personality include major things like impulsivity, issues with the law, aggression and violence, etc. but she does fulfil a majority of the more covert symptoms (see pic). She is morally dubious across the board, habitually lies, manipulates, feels blatantly superior, seems to lack any social motivation etc. and her actions against children are very scary to me.
IMG_5687.jpeg

But you’re so right about the Munchausens. It’s almost comical to go back and see the early vlogs for anyone who hasn’t / has forgot. It’s absolute insanity - every couple of days there’s a new, spontaneously occurring ailment. Her mother take her to one witch doctor or another who miraculously heals her, then the next day she’s in A&E with another random, vague symptom. It’s mad. There’s a series of about 3 hospital trips within the span of a couple of weeks, for unclear or disparate reasons. I’ve wondered about making a compilation of clips 🤔
---
Something I haven't seen discussed on here, her poetry. Does she think it's good? Because that's the kind of poetry that I wrote when I was 13 and which I now bury deep in my hard drive and try to pretend never existed.
Lmao it’s actually just so Year 9 I find it hard to even comment on it. I would pay to see her new solo mum friends reacting to this in the group chat without her though 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please do find some clips! I didn’t watch all the early vlogs only a few here and there

Reactions: 1
Am I wrong or is anyone else getting vibes that Bryony has never actually used any of the parenting methods she is describing in today's video? It feels like she is just parroting something someone has taught her without having done it herself or am I letting my own bias get in the way?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember her video about gentle parenting before she got her first foster child? She was very smug and once again acted like an expert whilst having never actually parented a child. Then in one of her vlogs with her first foster child she snapped very early on and screamed at him, and admitted all her gentle parenting had gone out the window. This feels very much the same - wait until you’ve actually parented Oryn once his personality comes out and he can talk back before you say with such confidence what techniques you’ll be using.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Who the hell does she think she is to give parenting techniques?

This is just human nature. Not a specific parenting style

Does anyone remember her video about gentle parenting before she got her first foster child? She was very smug and once again acted like an expert whilst having never actually parented a child. Then in one of her vlogs with her first foster child she snapped very early on and screamed at him, and admitted all her gentle parenting had gone out the window. This feels very much the same - wait until you’ve actually parented Oryn once his personality comes out and he can talk back before you say with such confidence what techniques you’ll be using.
How much personality is he going to have? His entire life is two living rooms!

That video was a hoot. We're all perfect parents in hypothetical situations. I agree that Oryn's definitely not old enough for any of this to have been tested. Maybe my children are atypical, but they're 4 and 2 and they 'bother me' (as Bryony puts it) so frequently whilst I'm cooking/cleaning etc that if it was enough to get me 'really cross' I'd never be calm 😂 and Oryn is already watching tv at less than a year old, so the idea that one of her boundaries will be that he has to play independently while she's cooking seemed a bit of a stretch. The TV will be on before she's even got the ingredients out of the fridge.

• Wow
😬 This one sounds like it'll really wind me up. There's nothing worse than someone so inexperienced acting like a know it all. I've worked incredibly hard for over a decade in this area so I might not stomach it 😅 I never give personal advice. Can you imagine being in a mum group with her sanctimonious ass 🥴

I initially stopped watching her because of her peaceful parenting turned aggression towards a vulnerable child in foster care. She was terrible about him. Poor O, I think we can guess how she might really behave towards him. We've already seen her eye rolls and inappropriate parenting, ignoring him for unhealthily long stretches of time and failing to stimulate or feed him. That's before he could even verbally and physically express his upset at her unrealistic expectations. He's been a TV baby since a mere 4 months 😪

• Heart
Ffs Bryony 😭

I actually can’t really fathom who shes making these videos for anymore. Lots of comments of praise from people who aren’t parents - unsurprisingly.

The little skits of how she would handle ‘behavioural issues’ in older children were just weird. Her son isn’t even 1 yet - surely there’s plenty to discuss about parenting children in his age bracket? I know she has fostered but this video wasn’t really about that. She seems to be in her element talking about categories/theories in an ‘educational’ tone but there’s no real substance.

It’s jarring to hear her use parenting jargon while also blatantly being horribly inexperienced in connecting with children. The thing about a toddler ‘’bothering her’’ while she cooks dinner was just surreal.

• Heart
Does Oryn have a lazy eye? On all the pictures of his full face one eye always looks turned in, but I’m surprised she hasn’t mentioned it as I’d expected her to be all excited about another ailment she can dramatise. It’s not like she keeps his medical matters private, she does whole videos dedicated to his supposed weight issues/allergies

Does Oryn have a lazy eye? On all the pictures of his full face one eye always looks turned in, but I’m surprised she hasn’t mentioned it as I’d expected her to be all excited about another ailment she can dramatise. It’s not like she keeps his medical matters private, she does whole videos dedicated to his supposed weight issues/allergies
She's so self absorbed she probably hasnt even noticed that he definitely has a lazy eye. Either that or shes vain and doesnt want to bring attention to her golden boy not being perfect.

She's so self absorbed she probably hasnt even noticed that he definitely has a lazy eye. Either that or shes vain and doesnt want to bring attention to her golden boy not being perfect.
I did wonder if it had something to do with it being a visible “imperfection” as opposed to an invisible ailment she can play up, but I would hope she isn’t that shallow.

I can't believe the little grifter got herself a free carseat. How do these companies get taken in by these people?! Accordingly to social blade they gained an almighty 9 followers after she did her post but then subsequently lost 5. How is it good business to give her a car seat to advertise?! They surely can't think her followers will all be rushing out to purchase themselves a £379 carseat after seeing it in the back of her grufty, minging little car? Can they?!

There's no way she'll ever stop sharing Oryn online, the poor little cash cow is worth too much for her getting content and free stuff out of him. She is absolutely shameless.

Attachments

Disgusting, totally puts me off these brands, and I was in the market for an extended rf seat, won’t be buying an avionaut!

Probably not the thing to be focusing on but how the hell is her car so dirty?
It’s her and a baby. It’s not like she has a child eating in the back or getting into the car with dirty shoes.
Though, I guess if you’re going to complain about cleaning a small flat, the car has no chance. Probably hasn’t cleaned it in years 🤢

If your a parent, please tell me if I'm wrong. I'm not in any way suggesting that you need to keep your child entertained all the time but is it normal how little she engages with the child? Like are you meant to just leave them on the floor playing while your on the laptop on the sofa? I know that you supposed to let them play independently a little bit but surely they learn more and get more tired and you bond with them if you play with them on the floor? It feels like she only engages with him when she's feeding him or putting him to bed?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.