BrummyMummy #18 Some are contagious, some are dying but BM, she just keeps on buying!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Louise Pentland is donating her ad revenue to the NHS, Fleur got a whole load of bloggers together and sold their designer stuff on eBay for the NHS. What has babs done?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can I confess I actually hate the forced body confidence/positivity movement being rammed down my throat 😂 there isn't no flabby instagrammer who's going to make me feel better about my own postpartum twin mum tum. Feel like we're not allowed to dislike our bodies anymore we HAVE to be body positive 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Can I confess I actually hate the forced body confidence/positivity movement being rammed down my throat 😂 there isn't no flabby instagrammer who's going to make me feel better about my own postpartum twin mum tum. Feel like we're not allowed to dislike our bodies anymore we HAVE to be body positive 🙄
I completely agree with what you have said, I need to lose a stone preferably 2. My clothes are tight and I just don’t feel comfortable or confident. I am however doing something about it, I am tracking my eating, walking everyday and thinking of my goal. #caloriedeficit

Eating well and losing weight is better self care for me than scoffing down chocolate cake and wine with a face mask on.

However this feels like a dirty secret on insta, if you say you want to lose weight you are a disgrace to the female race and should be ashamed that you aren’t body confident.
Seeing someone prance around in their swimmers, someone who clearly isn’t genuinely confident proclaiming it’s ok to have a stomach is the most unhelpful and uninspiring chatter.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I completely agree with what you have said, I need to lose a stone preferably 2. My clothes are tight and I just don’t feel comfortable or confident. I am however doing something about it, I am tracking my eating, walking everyday and thinking of my goal. #caloriedeficit

Eating well and losing weight is better self care for me than scoffing down chocolate cake and wine with a face mask on.

However this feels like a dirty secret on insta, if you say you want to lose weight you are a disgrace to the female race and should be ashamed that you aren’t body confident.
Seeing someone prance around in their swimmers, someone who clearly isn’t genuinely confident proclaiming it’s ok to have a stomach is the most unhelpful and uninspiring chatter.
I too wish to lose 2 stone. Before lockdown I had lost 8lb and happy to say I haven't gained any but knowing a high BMI is not good news if you catch the Coronavirus then it's odd to be promoting body confidence? My BMI is far too high for my height and I would need to lose 2 stone to be in a healthy range.

Babs looks bigger now in her cossie. Obviously all that alcohol is having an affect.

I too wish to lose 2 stone. Before lockdown I had lost 8lb and happy to say I haven't gained any but knowing a high BMI is not good news if you catch the Coronavirus then it's odd to be promoting body confidence? My BMI is far too high for my height and I would need to lose 2 stone to be in a healthy range.

Babs looks bigger now in her cossie. Obviously all that alcohol is having an affect.
She does look like she has put on weight, I’m like her and carry it round my middle, which is a dangerous place for women to carry weight. I’m also not in a healthy BMI (I know there are arguments about the reliability of this measurement) so want to get to a healthy weight, not just for my look but for my overall health too. I’m also aware of weight and Coronavirus.

Being on lockdown has made it easier to control my eating, I don’t have to stop for petrol and walk by sweets and crisps, I can’t eat out or get a cheeky burger on the way to the supermarket. I have a lot of time on my hands so can walk each day..I know not everyone is this lucky but this is Babs life in a normal week.

Her children are at school, her work is minimal. If she just watched one less reality tv show a day she could walk off some weight easily. She would also have to stop eating vast quantities of cake etc to fit in with the other body confident influencers but I actually think it would make her much more relatable to a lot of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
👏

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So Louise Pentland is donating her ad revenue to the NHS, Fleur got a whole load of bloggers together and sold their designer stuff on eBay for the NHS. What has babs done?
👏she👏clapped👏for👏the👏N👏H👏S👏 (once)

• Haha
can’t help but feel sorry for poor ethan when even nanny san’s fireplace looks like this. golden girl on display and the boy stuck behind a vase of flowers.
E7A5F62F-31A9-4A8D-A3ED-0FF31B9D0D3C.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
'I'm body confident' is influencers admitting that they've given up trying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

THANK YOU!!!! Honestly it is sooo good to hear other women say this. I've felt so much pressure to just appreciate and love my body because woo it grew babies and you have to love the skin your in. Ugh! I am walking 5 miles a day currently, eating good, focusing on healthy goals. I don't think people like Emma are putting out a very good image. Of course it is ok to have a stomach, but if you have to constantly insist you're body confident - are you really? I am comfortable to say you know what? I hate my body but I'm working on it. Good luck with your goals!!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree, I’m glad we seem to be moving away from the days of thigh gaps and competitive thinness but we should all be a reasonably healthy weight. That doesn’t mean fat shaming but it also doesn’t mean applauding those with a BMI over 30.

Reactions: 13
Ffs brummy. That latest tiktok on her stories has put me off my chocolate eggs. Why, just why! And as I assume it is Stephen filming it, why Stephen why???

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Ffs brummy. That latest tiktok on her stories has put me off my chocolate eggs. Why, just why! And as I assume it is Stephen filming it, why Stephen why???
Oh no! I love chocolate eggs! I cant let her ruin that for me, what the hell is she doing in the video?! I daren't look! 😬

She must have tit sex if she gets sexual satisfaction from sorting bags for life out
Christ! 🤯😫

• Haha
I think brummy doesn't have the thoughtfulness to understand the more complex concepts in life. She thinks that parading around nearly naked, alluding to dancing in a provocative way in her swimwear, showing us close up shots of her flesh is what women (or men) need to feel happy in their own bodies.

I genuinely wish that she would explain what evidence she has, or why she has chosen this display, to claim this helps others in their quest for 'body confidence'. I pressume she's saying that she has achieved 'body confidence', and now she wants to teach others, but with the best will in the world how is her behaving in this way going to make it a success for others? This is an emotional and mental journey for people, and it really has nothing to do with how much flesh you're willing to put on show.

I'm really surprised that after her last job, the responsibilities it came with, the sensitive and sensible character you would need to teach such a subject, that she allows herself to be so superficial and physically so publically inappropriate. It could really offend people. She makes no effort to emotionally connect with people, to explore any deeper thoughts. It could really betray people's trust in her.

I'd have more respect for her ideals if she approached it more intelligently, and was pragmatic about the concept being a positive state of mind, not about how little you want to make people believe you feel comfortable wearing in tik toks you post online. She really is such a disappointment. Long ago I thought she was a woman I could look to for some guidance, but she's let us all down.

She needs someone to point out that we can all see that just because she posts a photo in her swimwear she fools nobody into thinking she actually likes her body. All it shows is how she is again a cheap sell out trying to scrounge an audience. There is very little sincerity in anything she does. It is all very misplaced, or a borrowed idea, or something she thinks is what she should do, what people want to see. It is very sad. She will do real harm to her own mental health and sense of identity. I think she must not know what she really wants or feels anymore. I don't know how somebody like this will be capable of setting a healthy example to their own children about what it is to feel comfortable in your own body.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think brummy doesn't have the thoughtfulness to understand the more complex concepts in life. She thinks that parading around nearly naked, alluding to dancing in a provocative way in her swimwear, showing us close up shots of her flesh is what women (or men) need to feel happy in their own bodies.

I genuinely wish that she would explain what evidence she has, or why she has chosen this display, to claim this helps others in their quest for 'body confidence'. I pressume she's saying that she has achieved 'body confidence', and now she wants to teach others, but with the best will in the world how is her behaving in this way going to make it a success for others? This is an emotional and mental journey for people, and it really has nothing to do with how much flesh you're willing to put on show.

I'm really surprised that after her last job, the responsibilities it came with, the sensitive and sensible character you would need to teach such a subject, that she allows herself to be so superficial and physically so publically inappropriate. It could really offend people. She makes no effort to emotionally connect with people, to explore any deeper thoughts. It could really betray people's trust in her.

I'd have more respect for her ideals if she approached it more intelligently, and was pragmatic about the concept being a positive state of mind, not about how little you want to make people believe you feel comfortable wearing in tik toks you post online. She really is such a disappointment. Long ago I thought she was a woman I could look to for some guidance, but she's let us all down.

She needs someone to point out that we can all see that just because she posts a photo in her swimwear she fools nobody into thinking she actually likes her body. All it shows is how she is again a cheap sell out trying to scrounge an audience. There is very little sincerity in anything she does. It is all very misplaced, or a borrowed idea, or something she thinks is what she should do, what people want to see. It is very sad. She will do real harm to her own mental health and sense of identity. I think she must not know what she really wants or feels anymore. I don't know how somebody like this will be capable of setting a healthy example to their own children about what it is to feel comfortable in your own body.
The paragraph about her former job - totally agree. She’s an embarrassment to those of us who work in education.
Everything she does is for validation from someone. I bet she was like that as a teacher too, trying to be friends with her students to make to feel good.

Reactions: 13
This kind of thing really annoys me. Somebody has asked her what colour hair dye she used and instead of just telling them in a simple two worded answer (which is how she usually engages with her followers) she's told them to go on her YouTube channel. That means they'll have to sit through a boring video of somebody performing a task millions of people do worldwide anyway just to get the name of her hair dye. FFS just answer the question of somebody who has taken the time to follow you and is thus a part of your brand (whatever that is). I read the responses of people like manversusbaby and theunmumsymum and they are actually very witty and engage with their followers properly. She answers with one word or sentence such as "Yaaaas" or "oh no Bab". Ot really grates on me.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.