Brummy Mummy #52 IBS - Irritating Bab syndrome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow! She's really showing what a spiteful witch she is today. Laughing about Ste's laptop and then sharing it. The man has got a proper job and I would imagine he'll be pretty stressed by it. Can you imagine what would have happened if that had been Babs' laptop!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
She tries to come across as emphatic but it just screams...”Look at me. I am insecure. I need your reaction to every, single thing that I do”
She doesn’t give two shits, that’s why. Emma only cares about Emma.

Wow! She's really showing what a spiteful witch she is today. Laughing about Ste's laptop and then sharing it. The man has got a proper job and I would imagine he'll be pretty stressed by it. Can you imagine what would have happened if that had been Babs laptop!
Yep. She’d have threatened to bust his face, no doubt.

Reactions: 9
@Loopybird69 @houseofhoop
You guys have made me cry 😅 please don't be nice to me! 🤣 There's nothing to tell, I'm fine, it's really nothing serious and I just need to get my tit together.

It's the same old story as everyone. I haven't seen any family at all since Nov 2019 and my husband and I haven't spent time with anyone apart from each other since March last year. We're both working full time from home. I do back office work for community care staff, he's an essential worker (delivering clinical higher education) and is under so much pressure at the moment he's having to work most evenings which means we aren't able to share the housework as we normally would. Frankly it's taking all my mental and physical energy just to keep the house and us functioning at the moment so the housework is building up which makes me feel worse. I'm donating to food banks as this is something I know I can do with the resources I have (emotional and financial) but I feel a bit tit and useless for not doing more to help the community. I'm close to people who are struggling with their situations and I worry about them and hate that I can't help them more.

Like I said. I'm fine. I have had a rough year emotionally but I recognise that I'm extremely lucky and that this is not going to last forever and the most important thing for me to do is to continue to stay the duck at home.

I really hope none of that makes me sound as ungrateful or childish as Emma, I know many of you on here have had absolute shitters of a year and you are all so strong.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Waiting for the 'stripes for life' mug to be re-released to coincide her wearing striped tops again

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Nice bit of engagement in the pity post just before posting an advert! What a vile, manipulative witch she is.
All the Babettes thanking her for her content, pouring their heart out to her and sending her their love while all the time this witch knew what she had planned and that she'd get the numbers up by doing so.
I'm not surprised, but that is a new low, even for her.
When I had a breakdown, I couldn’t leave the house. I remember posting on her FB page and DMing her on how she’s inspired me to get up, face the day, go for days out (I would stay in bed and sleep all day and couldn’t face going out at all) I’m better now (well OCD hasn’t gone but I’m managing symptoms well) I digress looking back always one sentence replies like you go! Well done my love, but yeah I feel totally stupid for that now and I wish I opened to close friends instead of Babs... I wasn’t well, so I’ll blame it on that but yeah what a fool

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She’s not serious? Actually labelling herself as the Kween of RE because she taught it, what, 5 years ago?? She’s so bloody awful. I used to be a full time primary teacher, gave it up four years ago to do supply. Will fully admit I’m out of touch with day to day teaching, the curriculum, assessment expectations etc. I can turn up, deliver lessons, manage kids and mark work. Beyond that, I’m not a teacher anymore. Well, apart from a home school one 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ I can still string a sentence together and use the correct spelling and punctuation though, unlike Babs. I can also let my kids get on with topics that I know a lot about without interfering because it’s not about me, it’s about them learning for themselves. And what is with the aggressive selfie? Bloody twit.View attachment 388813
Ha! A topic she loved that much she gave up teaching it, to sell out her kids and make a twit of herself online on the daily! Side note, how is it possible that her clenched fist has zero definition?! Its like a blob on the end of her arm!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
You guys have made me cry 😅 please don't be nice to me! 🤣 There's nothing to tell, I'm fine, it's really nothing serious and I just need to get my tit together.

It's the same old story as everyone. I haven't seen any family at all since Nov 2019 and my husband and I haven't spent time with anyone apart from each other since March last year. We're both working full time from home. I do back office work for community care staff, he's an essential worker (delivering clinical higher education) and is under so much pressure at the moment he's having to work most evenings which means we aren't able to share the housework as we normally would. Frankly it's taking all my mental and physical energy just to keep the house and us functioning at the moment so the housework is building up which makes me feel worse. I'm donating to food banks as this is something I know I can do with the resources I have (emotional and financial) but I feel a bit tit and useless for not doing more to help the community. I'm close to people who are struggling with their situations and I worry about them and hate that I can't help them more.

Like I said. I'm fine. I have had a rough year emotionally but I recognise that I'm extremely lucky and that this is not going to last forever and the most important thing for me to do is to continue to stay the duck at home.

I really hope none of that makes me sound as ungrateful or childish as Emma, I know many of you on here have had absolute shitters of a year and you are all so strong.
Dya know what? This has really just helped me. I'm sure everyone gets them, but today feels like an insurmountable day. Im sat on laptop at 'work' (dining room table as office in conservatory is far too cold) and I'm struggling. Emails are coming in and i can't face opening them. Theyre piling up, okay 12 but i like a tidy open inbox and they're big tasks which will take awhile, and although its making me feel worse by not opening, i really cant.

When 5 oclock comes my structured day ends, and without the background of work i get lost. What do i do for the next 6 hours? I walked the dog at lunch as i needed to get out of house and try and get out my head and that was marginally successful for the 30 mins i was out. Other than cook dinner, where calories certainly do count right now as trying to shift lockdown gain, tidy up and shower, i have nothing to look forward to. And it saps my energy so much i listlessly look through social and see everyone elses fab lives when mine feels shite. But its not, I'm in a good place financially and I have some people around me, but wheres the spark gone?

And again, I'm like you, i know people have suffered worse. My real lows last year were my divorce, moving to a new area with not many friends (he kept those with the dogs, house and waitrose card) and losing a really close friend to a heart attack. I've still got my job, which managed to give me a promotion last year and i have my health.

I feel awful sat here with the blues, i feel ungrateful, over the top and down right selfish, but the snappity snapping out of it isnt here. And i feel bad for hijacking your post, and i hate that you're struggling too. I guess everyone is in their own ways, and knowing that will help me over the next few days. I dont wanna use the cliche of its okay to not be okay, but seeing you guys share is actually proving that true.

Right i think im rambling now, big girl pants on, time for coffee and a tab (sorry dirty smoker) and maybe open the now 16 emails i have 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35
When I had a breakdown, I couldn’t leave the house. I remember posting on her FB page and DMing her on how she’s inspired me to get up, face the day, go for days out (I would stay in bed and sleep all day and couldn’t face going out at all) I’m better now (well OCD hasn’t gone but I’m managing symptoms well) I digress looking back always one sentence replies like you go! Well done my love, but yeah I feel totally stupid for that now and I wish I opened to close friends instead of Babs... I wasn’t well, so I’ll blame it on that but yeah what a fool
Its usually easier to open up to people u don't know, don't beat yourself up! Glad you're doing better now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

The fact that you work a “proper job” as well as hold the house together whilst your husband is an essential worker and working all the hours god sends.
you don’t sound ungrateful or childish and I completely get where you are coming from. You’re doing great in a tit situation x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dya know what? This has really just helped me. I'm sure everyone gets them, but today feels like an insurmountable day. Im sat on laptop at 'work' (dining room table as office in conservatory is far too cold) and I'm struggling. Emails are coming in and i can't face opening them. Theyre piling up, okay 12 but i like a tidy open inbox and they're big tasks which will take awhile, and although its making me feel worse by not opening, i really cant.

When 5 oclock comes my structured day ends, and without the background of work i get lost. What do i do for the next 6 hours? I walked the dog at lunch as i needed to get out of house and try and get out my head and that was marginally successful for the 30 mins i was out. Other than cook dinner, where calories certainly do count right now as trying to shift lockdown gain, tidy up and shower, i have nothing to look forward to. And it saps my energy so much i listlessly look through social and see everyone elses fab lives when mine feels shite. But its not, I'm in a good place financially and I have some people around me, but wheres the spark gone?

And again, I'm like you, i know people have suffered worse. My real lows last year were my divorce, moving to a new area with not many friends (he kept those with the dogs, house and waitrose card) and losing a really close friend to a heart attack. I've still got my job, which managed to give me a promotion last year and i have my health.

I feel awful sat here with the blues, i feel ungrateful, over the top and down right selfish, but the snappity snapping out of it isnt here. And i feel bad for hijacking your post, and i hate that you're struggling too. I guess everyone is in their own ways, and knowing that will help me over the next few days. I dont wanna use the cliche of its okay to not be okay, but seeing you guys share is actually proving that true.

Right i think im rambling now, big girl pants on, time for coffee and a tab (sorry dirty smoker) and maybe open the now 16 emails i have 🤦‍♀️
Both of you have summed up my feelings too.
Chipstick-its housework day today here but I've yet to start, can't face it
Durham_lass the empty evenings are tough for me too and the lack of things to look forwards to...you are both not alone. And you both put it across more eloquently than KeBabs lonely post too.
However, no pyjamas at 2PM for me today as tonight I do have plans...a 7PM covid test (one of x2 weekly tests as required for my job) 🤦‍♀️Babs is so far removed from the realities of this pandemic for a lot of us-unrelatable

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Thank you. This helped me too. I guess as much as I hate to admit it, the stupid cliché is true, that just sharing with someone and knowing that they hear you really does make a difference.

You've been through a lot, don't be hard on yourself for not being more upbeat. Sometimes just getting up and getting on every day is a struggle, and you kept doing it. I know I'm just an anonymous person behind a phone screen but I'm proud of you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you. This helped me too. I guess as much as I hate to admit it, the stupid cliché of just sharing with someone and knowing that they hear you really does make a difference.

You've been through a lot, don't be hard on yourself for not being more upbeat. Sometimes just getting up and getting on every day is a struggle, and you kept doing it. I know I'm just an anonymous person behind a phone screen but I'm proud of you.
❤❤ god i needed to hear that right now. Thank you phone friends, youre the best. Definitely a wee bit teary now!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.