Brummy Mummy #39 New Haribo cringe-tastics, with 50% less dignity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok...I am not quite ready to join a rave thread however I feel differently about Emma today...I feel sorry for her. Hear me out...
I suffer with anxiety, have had therapy a few times and one of my 'triggers' is control. When I am having a bad time and feel I am mentally losing control I seek control of other things instead. This is Emma. Another thing I do is forward plan and end up living in the future as I am trying to control every possible scenario in front of me. This is also Emma.
2020 has rattled us all (I had a knock back at the start of it) I think Emma is genuinely mentally struggling again. She is spending money to provide quick thrills of positive feeling and thinking ahead with Halloween and Christmas as she feels uncertain. The issue she will have doing this, as I learnt, is that you spend so long planning for the future that the present passes you by. The drinking wont be helping and is no doubt an attempt to numb her feelings.
Imagine feeling such deep rooted issues as I think she has but still painting a 'my life is fine' act for thousands. No wonder we are seeing cracks.
She has just taken on a new mortgage, is spending like it is going out of fashion (we know she has obsessive/addictive tendencies and her tat shopping is now getting out of control) she needs to take time out to herself but has got herself in a situation where she feels she can't. She doesn't look well, her mugs are coming out too late and the IC20 are growing and on to her.
I know she has brought some of this on herself but as someone who has felt so low I feel sorry for her if I am right.
I respectfully disagree with most of this 🤷‍♀️ She has choices. She chooses to do everything she does and is lapping up the extortionate income from it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ok...I am not quite ready to join a rave thread however I feel differently about Emma today...I feel sorry for her. Hear me out...
I suffer with anxiety, have had therapy a few times and one of my 'triggers' is control. When I am having a bad time and feel I am mentally losing control I seek control of other things instead. This is Emma. Another thing I do is forward plan and end up living in the future as I am trying to control every possible scenario in front of me. This is also Emma.
2020 has rattled us all (I had a knock back at the start of it) I think Emma is genuinely mentally struggling again. She is spending money to provide quick thrills of positive feeling and thinking ahead with Halloween and Christmas as she feels uncertain. The issue she will have doing this, as I learnt, is that you spend so long planning for the future that the present passes you by. The drinking wont be helping and is no doubt an attempt to numb her feelings.
Imagine feeling such deep rooted issues as I think she has but still painting a 'my life is fine' act for thousands. No wonder we are seeing cracks.
She has just taken on a new mortgage, is spending like it is going out of fashion (we know she has obsessive/addictive tendencies and her tat shopping is now getting out of control) she needs to take time out to herself but has got herself in a situation where she feels she can't. She doesn't look well, her mugs are coming out too late and the IC20 are growing and on to her.
I know she has brought some of this on herself but as someone who has felt so low I feel sorry for her if I am right.
Yes I find all of the spending before moving a bit weird. When we moved I felt like I didn’t want to spend much in case there were surprise costs with the move. Any extra things I brought would need to be packed and unpacked and I’d done loads of decluttering so didn’t feel the need for new things.
I do wonder if she is depressed with going to bed so early and drinking more

Reactions: 16
I get what you are saying, I too have terrible anxiety and depression but I didn’t make a life for myself online , a lot of what she posts lately is very manic I feel , but for the split second I might think she is mentally unstable I then think of all the things she does that means she will never stop doing this life , the thrill on her face when she went viral.........the constant posts she’s putting about herself lately that can be negative , she just wants her adoring babettes to worship her with a reply ....hopefully push up the engagement , get another ad deal, freebie, swipe up code etc etc. im certain she reads about herself on here that won’t help but she’s such a narcissist she has to know what everyone is saying good or bad, then when it gets too much share the bad and get more worship from babettes.
and you are right about the mugs she’s left it far too late

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I respectfully disagree with most of this 🤷‍♀️ She has choices. She chooses to do everything she does and is lapping up the extortionate income from it all.
This 👌👌 she has brought all of it on herself. She had a career and probably some self respect before she jumped on this influencer bandwagon. She has no purpose in life. She isn’t good at what she does. She is wasting her life away on the internet. I’d be depressed if I had her life now.

Reactions: 17
I get what you are saying, I too have terrible anxiety and depression but I didn’t make a life for myself online , a lot of what she posts lately is very manic I feel , but for the split second I might think she is mentally unstable I then think of all the things she does that means she will never stop doing this life , the thrill on her face when she went viral.........the constant posts she’s putting about herself lately that can be negative , she just wants her adoring babettes to worship her with a reply ....hopefully push up the engagement , get another ad deal, freebie, swipe up code etc etc. im certain she reads about herself on here that won’t help but she’s such a narcissist she has to know what everyone is saying good or bad, then when it gets too much share the bad and get more worship from babettes.
and you are right about the mugs she’s left it far too late
Yes-I agree with all this, she has spiralled into this hole of needing the online life to validate herself in someway. @Lady Doodle I get what you are saying re choices-I think she is too far down this terrible life she has made for herself to realise this.

Reactions: 7
The Disney train is it for her or the kids? I’d say they were all a little old for it.

I watched some of it. She was devastated to leave previous house but not so much this one. She’s not sad but there might be a tear or two. They do keep wondering if they’ve done the right thing but they’ve spent a lot of time in the house this year so they want a new challenge! Not sure why she’s suddenly implying they buy and do houses up?! She’s taking the shelves of dreams with her and they’re having a projector room with plants!

They’re still waiting to hear when they’re moving but definitely be in new house for Xmas and for the last 3 Fridays they’ve thought they were moving!

Sounds like she’s going to spend A LOT on the kids for birthdays and Xmas as they haven’t got to go anywhere and might not even be able to see family at Xmas but they spend the same on each kid and save part of their salaries each month to cover holidays, birthdays, Christmas and parties!
So basically she’s ripping of the Brighton air bnb

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This 👌👌 she has brought all of it on herself. She had a career and probably some self respect before she jumped on this influencer bandwagon. She has no purpose in life. She isn’t good at what she does. She is wasting her life away on the internet. I’d be depressed if I had her life now.
I've followed her since she was just writing her blog. She's no different to how she's always been in my opinion. She is an absolute attention seeking, narcissistic show off. Always has been, always will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've followed her since she was just writing her blog. She's no different to how she's always been in my opinion. She is an absolute attention seeking, narcissistic show off. Always has been, always will be.
Genuine question (def not wanting to cause rifts in IC20) why have you followed her for so long of you don't like her? Or did you like her for a chunk of this?

Reactions: 3
Yeah, she's always done the excessive buying too, its not an anxiety thing I don't think!

Reactions: 6
Yes-I agree with all this, she has spiralled into this hole of needing the online life to validate herself in someway. @Lady Doodle I get what you are saying re choices-I think she is too far down this terrible life she has made for herself to realise this.
I agree with this too, I flit between feeling sorry for her that she’s ended up like this. That she’s in too deep and can’t ever go back to being a teacher, something she claimed to love. On other days I just think she’s a nightmare, car-crash brash idiot. Milking this lifestyle and her gormless Babettes for every bit of notoriety she can cling on to.
I stopped following her a long time ago because I don’t want to be in that number for her engagement. I still love this thread though 😱

Reactions: 11
Genuine question (def not wanting to cause rifts in IC20) why have you followed her for so long of you don't like her? Or did you like her for a chunk of this?
I did like her for a chunk of time, she seems completely different on YouTube to instagram, and she wasn't always as unbearably crass on insta either! I think a lot of people on here liked her for at least a bit. She used to be relatable till she gave up teaching to be a full time flogger. I'm now mostly around for the banter on here, but partly to see just how quickly her gravy train derails!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah, she's always done the excessive buying too, its not an anxiety thing I don't think!
She was in serious debt twice in her younger days. This side of her has always reminded me of my sister who always got in debt and even now she has to have new things constantly. She can’t stop buying. She also suffers with OCD.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I don’t think she has anxiety. I actually think she has narcissistic personality disorder. All is OK as long as Babs needs are fulfilled and met, if not? All hell breaks loose. The golden child, the enabling husband, the scapegoat child. The constant need for validation, to be liked, adored... narcissistic.

I have anxiety. I have OCD. I have unimaginable fears, fears of death, I can’t speak, I can’t get out of bed. I don’t dress or wash or eat. I cannot function. I appreciate everyone can get ‘anxious’ ie at a job interview, a speech etc etc but real anxiety, the kind that stops you doing normal things? That’s an anxiety disorder. Babs doesn’t have this. She has a personality disorder.

I think you’ll find the vast majority have come from her Instagram after being blocked for freedom of speech. We are like minded people who reach the same conclusion about this woman. We wouldn’t need to be here at all if Babs owned up to her mistakes and graced questions put to her in an adult manner.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I liked her until about 6 months ago. Now I'm here for my IC20 badge! Nothing more, nothing less 🤣🤣

I don’t think she has anxiety. I actually think she has narcissistic personality disorder. All is OK as long as Babs needs are fulfilled and met, if not? All hell breaks loose. The golden child, the enabling husband, the scapegoat child. The constant need for validation, to be liked, adored... narcissistic.

I have anxiety. I have OCD. I have unimaginable fears, fears of death, I can’t speak, I can’t get out of bed. I don’t dress or wash or eat. I cannot function. I appreciate everyone can get ‘anxious’ ie at a job interview, a speech etc etc but real anxiety, the kind that stops you doing normal things? That’s an anxiety disorder. Babs doesn’t have this. She has a personality disorder.

I think you’ll find the vast majority have come from her Instagram after being blocked for freedom of speech. We are like minded people who reach the same conclusion about this woman. We wouldn’t need to be here at all if Babs owned up to her mistakes and graced questions put to her in an adult manner.
Yes! Exactly this.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree with the above and I feel sorry for her as well. I wish she would deal with her demons but she probably doesn't think anything is wrong. I mean, she will know that something doesn't feel right, but the default is to numb, so the numbing will continue. I hope she's actually ok anyway.
ETA: personally disorders can hamper any positive self reflection as the cognitive distortions will not allow for changes to be made as the false self must be preserved at all costs.

Reactions: 9

Valid points-I too am an ex Babette but my rate of 'follow-get fed up/blocked twice-come here' was quite quick. Hearing people like @Lady Doodle view point who has 'known' her a lot longer (impressed you managed to like her so long-fair play to you) is interesting. Maybe it is more personality disorder than anxiety but whatever it is-I think she is having a blip at the moment as she seems more manic than ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sort of off topic and I'm sorry but do you think there's any way of sending LadyKate a little pressie or at least a message from us all? She brings a lot of us joy and I'd just really like to let her know we're thinking of her and hope she gets better soon. I hope this isn't too weird or hideously inappropriate, I've had a lot of wine. I would say just call me Emma but we all know she would never be up at 11pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sort of off topic and I'm sorry but do you think there's any way of sending LadyKate a little pressie or at least a message from us all? She brings a lot of us joy and I'd just really like to let her know we're thinking of her and hope she gets better soon. I hope this isn't too weird or hideously inappropriate, I've had a lot of wine. I would say just call me Emma but we all know she would never be up at 11pm.
You would need to know her real name and address to send a pressie.

Post a message on here and hopefully she’ll read it although she hasn’t logged on since Monday.

Hope she’s OK x

Reactions: 7
Thanks to @Puddypants for the thread title.

@LadyKate normally does the amazing TLDR but I don't think she's very well, so sending her love x

If anyone wants to do the TLDR feel free to post one.
Yay I won!I won!I'd like to thank my management,and promote my own range of mugs,my dog was shoo...
Sorry I got a bit carried away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

I used to like her , quite a few years back now . She was normal once ...my father in-law once asked why I watched these people , her hauls were way different, we had a small disagreement. He kept asking why does someone like her think that you ( me) would buy things just because she has. I did defend her and others back then . Remember back in the day a shopping trip wasn't labelled an #ad . So I ignorantly thought she'd genuinely thought she was helping /suggesting affordable stuff from the high street. Not being paid .

Yep ...I was gullible/taken in . My father in law was right.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.