Brummy Mummy #3 Criticism gets deleted and Disney hols get repeated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I can’t change the way people think or act towards me. But I can change the way I think and act towards myself”

This might be the most narcissistic comment she’s made on Instagram. No mention of changing how she treats other people in that entire mental health post. It’s always everyone else’s fault with her!

So here’s a little open letter to you Emma:

Dear Emma,

Your looks have nothing to do with anything. Nobody cares what you look like, what you wear, or that you’re 41.

The people that you want to be your friend, and the brands you want to work with don’t want anything to do with you because of your attitude and treatment of people.

As a teacher, you should understand the staff room chats about the brat in Y9 and the latest about what they’ve done. You may never have taught them, but you know who they are and everything they’ve done in every lesson.

Well, you’re that Y9 pupil. People talk. You’ll get more and more of a reputation for putting people off brands because of how you respond to genuine questions.

When you’re representing a brand with a #ad do you really think they want to see posts about how you’ve responded to their prospective customers with a spew of hatred because the person dared to say something you perceived as an attack?

Emma, you’re not a nice person. Until you’re willing to change that, and actually address that a lot of the problems are your own doing, no amount of therapy is going to help.

Sincerely,

Me

• Heart
Reactions: 20
B5A97C4A-27BB-41A5-B6EF-6410AE629636.jpeg

This is just for mental health week for Brummy, this to do list pretty much sums up every day for her. Treat yourself bab, take another nap!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is in such a privileged position to be able to afford private therapy, the NHS is very under funded for mental health and people are waiting lists to see a therapist, she really needs to get in touch with the real world more, maybe less watching Netflix and realise how bloody lucky and easy her life is compared to normal people!!!

Dont know why but her post as really annoyed me she is just so bloody selfish and everything is always about her!!

Reactions: 11
This isn’t specifically related to BM2, but I’m finding it annoying how self care and having a day off is being conflated with acute depression. It is true that we can and should try to look after ourselves and we can manage our mental health better through taking care of ourselves, but there is also depression which can’t be managed through these means. It’s like with ‘anxiety’ or being an introvert - apparently it’s cool now to have ‘acceptable’ mental health problems, but lots of these insta mums are managing to cope and leave the house and look after their children etc - feeling anxious isn’t the same as actually having post natal psychosis etc. A lot of people are anxious and a bit depressed lots of the time. That’s life. When they are sobbing all day long for weeks on end and trying to find the energy to have a shower, that’s depression.

I speak as someone who’s had both and there is a continuum, but I’m sick of insta mums congratulating themselves on their amazing self care because when you are in the depths, lighting a candle a) isn’t going to cut it and b) feels like an insurmountable task.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This isn’t specifically related to BM2, but I’m finding it annoying how self care and having a day off is being conflated with acute depression. It is true that we can and should try to look after ourselves and we can manage our mental health better through taking care of ourselves, but there is also depression which can’t be managed through these means. It’s like with ‘anxiety’ or being an introvert - apparently it’s cool now to have ‘acceptable’ mental health problems, but lots of these insta mums are managing to cope and leave the house and look after their children etc - feeling anxious isn’t the same as actually having post natal psychosis etc. A lot of people are anxious and a bit depressed lots of the time. That’s life. When they are sobbing all day long for weeks on end and trying to find the energy to have a shower, that’s depression.

I speak as someone who’s had both and there is a continuum, but I’m sick of insta mums congratulating themselves on their amazing self care because when you are in the depths, lighting a candle a) isn’t going to cut it and b) feels like an insurmountable task.
So perfectly put. It's absolutely infuriating. If a real mental health condition or terrible situation happened to a lot of them, they'd be on their knees in despair. They are so out of touch. They disgust me quite honestly.

And with brummy, she always makes it about her and how her image and appearance doesn't fit in with the general look of social media basically. If that's the worst thing to afflict her, she should count herself lucky. She puts herself on social media and then acts all hurt that she doesn't fit in. Urgh

Reactions: 14

This. She has annoyed me so much this morning with her “oh you’d get your broken little finger fixed so do some self care” type comparison to mental health that seems to be an Insta Influencer favourite.

Yes, I’d get a broken finger fixed, but that does not relate to mental health! Bones are understood, have a definitive treatment plan and for the most part are the same in everyone. Mental health (and by extension brains) aren’t really fully understood, and there’s no definitive treatment plan because everyone is so different (hormones, general brain wiring etc). But let’s compare it to a broken finger, tell everyone they’re enough and to go have a nap / watch Netflix!

Even if she didn’t acknowledge her privileged position in being able to go for therapy, she could have spoke about what happens on your first therapy session so people don’t feel nervous, or why she opted for therapy over CBT etc. Instead, she went with the age old Insta tripe.

(I fully expect she will do some additional posts once she’s read this after episode 17,597,431 of Real Housewives)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I absolutely hate that mental health has become some fashionable thing now anything for the likes and gram, hey?

I've been in and out of hospital with mental health myself but I've tried to take my own life, no therapy was offered as the list was too long and there was no compassion.

These insta mum's have it too easy just because they've had a few bad days with their bratty kids they think they have depression and anxiety, it's a joke.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I can’t quite work out if vloggers have mental health issues because of their “line of work” or to enhance it. On one hand I can see how sharing your entire life online could make you feel a bit anxious or self conscious but then I have to wonder why do it at all?? And could someone with poor mental health really keep up this facade all day every day? I’m well aware that people can put on a brave face but 24/7 in front of thousands of people? 🤷‍♀️ Their brand of “fame” or notoriety is so self propelled too. They don’t have a skill or an art that is thrusting them into the spotlight, it is all them. Is this really something they could do for a living in spite of their mental health issues? If so, I’m sure many people would love to know their secret. Sure.. the way Brummy hides away in bed for much of they day does reminds me of someone stricken with poor self esteem, but then she posts a pic in her undies and publicly slags off her husband in the next breath. Sometimes it just feels like another campaign they are all contracted to. You know when you hear the same line about Hello Fresh on all of their stories in the same day?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I post fairly frequently about self-care and mental health - but it's a big part of my life and has been for 25 years. I take medication every day just so I can function like a normal adult without wanting to physically harm myself. There's still a huge stigma attached to mental health - but sometimes I feel like these vloggers are just trying to tap into that area for likes and comments about how amazing they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It makes me so angry. She sits there in her privileged position, getting private therapy and then posts tit like oh go and have a nap if you feel down. When my son died last year, I ended up in hospital which did absolutely nothing to help me, then was thrown back out into the real world with no help, absolutely f all apart from the usual offerings of anti depressants. Still a year on, I've been offered nothing via my gp apart from to be put on long waiting lists. At one point I was at crisis point, I was told I would hear back from a professional "very soon", it took 6 weeks.. I could have been dead by then. Sorry for the personal post, but people like Brummy make me very angry when in reality they have no idea at all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Agree with you all about her sickening attempt to jump on the mental health bandwagon.

How dare she profit from discussing such sensitive things

Reactions: 7
I’m so sorry, Isthisit. There is so little support for people who need it. All I need from intsagrammers is an acknowledgement of their particular privilege.

Reactions: 6
As it’s been said before, her therapist must be tit. I’ve had therapy both through the NHS and private and one thing they say is not to take naps during the day when you’re feeling down as this can sometimes make things worse.

She doesn’t have the 9-5 office job so instead should be taking Lucy for a walk or go in the garden.

Reactions: 14
Isthisit, I am so sorry. This is why I am so sick of these vloggers and influencers who can do even more damage to people's health because of their flippant behaviour and approach to issues. I hope you have a network of friends/family/people around you to help you. <3

Reactions: 9
The local radio station has been to officially open her kitchen. What the actual hell??

How the hell does she think she’s relatable?!?!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.