Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Helen

Administrator
I can see all posts regardless of if they are deleted or edited.

I would just like to clarify that no address has ever been posted here, but a member did state how easy it was to find an address using information this influencer has shared themselves. That's against our rules here and was deleted about 15 minutes after being posted as we take privacy far more seriously than influencers do themselves.

Thanks all

Reactions: 57

Pumkinspice

Go and watch TamingTwins on her stories.
She has addressed nasty people who post and gossip on here about brummy...not named the site.

According to her, Emma just wants to make the world and the internet a better place. I can’t judge her intentions. But what I will say is that whilst this site is gossipy, it is much more than that.

I believe my intention (as well as lots of others on here) is to also make the world a better place. I believe this industry should be stopped or drastically changed and regulated.

-Children are exposed and unprotected with no regulation. They are used as money making machines and they do not fully comprehend what exposure this could have on them long term. This is the biggest concern. Parents risk their safety in many ways by posting photos and videos of them online.
-Consumerism is actively shown and encouraged to the extreme. This damages the world we physically live in and also harms the financial and mental health of many, many people; those that are vulnerable in particular.

There is so much more that is wrong with the industry. So, TamingTwins, this is not just women being mean. This is not anti-feminist. It is women calling for justice, regulation and protection for all involved (including those watching).

Bloggers may have some good intentions, but there is also a huge amount of greed and narcissism involved. They too end up with damaged mental health. It all needs to stop.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Isthisit

It makes me so angry. She sits there in her privileged position, getting private therapy and then posts shit like oh go and have a nap if you feel down. When my son died last year, I ended up in hospital which did absolutely nothing to help me, then was thrown back out into the real world with no help, absolutely f all apart from the usual offerings of anti depressants. Still a year on, I've been offered nothing via my gp apart from to be put on long waiting lists. At one point I was at crisis point, I was told I would hear back from a professional "very soon", it took 6 weeks.. I could have been dead by then. Sorry for the personal post, but people like Brummy make me very angry when in reality they have no idea at all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Sponfused

VIP Member
Long post ahead but needed to get this off my chest. Will probably go off Brummy now because she is actually starting to bore me. Just read an instagram post from a lady named Sally Whittle which I was directed to from the Meldrum thread. She was saying a lot of the same things as Emma. Like how weird the internet is with all the bad people criticising these influencers for merely existing. And whilst I don’t agree with everything that she said, it just didn’t piss me off the same way that Emma does when making a similar point. Katie Ellison had replied to the post and was pretty much spot on. She acknowledged that she didn’t agree with personal attacks on people but that influencers do need to be addressing the issues of transparency and disclosure and it’s not good enough to be blocking and deleting everyone that doesn’t agree with you. 👏 But then I scroll a bit further and find our friend Emma, moaning about herself, her tattle threads, her panic attacks, HER ADDRESS and her answer to it all is that they just need better coping mechanisms. And then I was reminded why I was driven to comment on these threads in the first place! She portrays us as these terrible, scary, faceless trolls (that whole “people right down the back” nonsense she is carrying on with at the moment) when in fact we are all just normal people, with beautiful families, rewarding jobs and full lives. But we also feel the need to voice our opinions on things, albeit without broadcasting our lives all over the internet. People are allowed to offer another side to your completely biased narrative and not be the scum of the earth. I mean, just look at the way she laid it on about her kids being the best little people going as if to imply that we must hate her children. It’s such manipulative, self centred behaviour and it’s why these people are so successful. I think that is what I find so grim.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Kimmyschmidt

Taming Twins said it's "anti-feminist". How is it anti-feminist to refuse to be silenced by being blocked or having your comments deleted? How is it anti-feminist refuse to be put down with a "totally missing the point" sarcastic comment? How is it anti-feminist to have a strong opinion? How is it anti-feminist to feel contempt at these women who become flogging clichés taking advantage of us women who mostly still take on the role of chief nurturer and homemaker while juggling one or more jobs to make ends meet? How is it anti-feminist to call out a woman who has made a big drama out of a situation of HER making and basically lied to make it sound like a threat against her safety (where's the proof brummy?) to get attention and probably make her family's life a nightmare all week with her weeping and wailing. How is it anti-feminist to dislike these women who pretend to be 'strong girls' while squealing over makeup and cleaning products and glitter and pretty pretty presents and schoolgirl stationery and all the other frivolities that help to perpetuate sexism? Don't get me wrong, women SHOULD be able to enjoy all these things, but in an age where we want to be judged by our strengths and not our appearance or stereotypes... it doesn't help!!!! (See Jamila Jamil on twitter- a beautiful very feminine feminist). I'd love to know if these agencies like Gleam and Channel Mum and all those manipulating these floggers are run by men. To take a very 'Handmaid's Tale', possibly OTT look at it...is it yet another way of subjugating women?

Sorry for the rant. I just don't like us being labelled anti-feminist.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Pumkinspice

Being a feminist does not mean letting women get away with anything unchallenged because of their gender!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This isn’t specifically related to BM2, but I’m finding it annoying how self care and having a day off is being conflated with acute depression. It is true that we can and should try to look after ourselves and we can manage our mental health better through taking care of ourselves, but there is also depression which can’t be managed through these means. It’s like with ‘anxiety’ or being an introvert - apparently it’s cool now to have ‘acceptable’ mental health problems, but lots of these insta mums are managing to cope and leave the house and look after their children etc - feeling anxious isn’t the same as actually having post natal psychosis etc. A lot of people are anxious and a bit depressed lots of the time. That’s life. When they are sobbing all day long for weeks on end and trying to find the energy to have a shower, that’s depression.

I speak as someone who’s had both and there is a continuum, but I’m sick of insta mums congratulating themselves on their amazing self care because when you are in the depths, lighting a candle a) isn’t going to cut it and b) feels like an insurmountable task.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Supyall

Oh my life, Erin is a little gem in the latest weekly, saying to her mum "it's your fault my rooms a mess, you buy me too much stuff!" 😂😂 I nearly choked on my tea!

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Nadurath

VIP Member
Thread suggestion: Stephen’s gonna end up in traction whilst the dishwasher gets all the action.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

No style rocky

Hello [emoji112] I’m a little bit sad that brummymummys thread is now so active. At one time I really liked and identified with her. Sadly that’s no longer the case. Just a thought about her reacting to feedback. I work in an industry where there is a big push for co-production with service users..... bit of a no brainier but unfortunately doesn’t always happen. Anywho it seems to me that “influencers” are only interested in listening to positive feedback and none of the negative. How can you develop your service/product or brand if you don’t listen to and involve everyone?! That surely means as an influencer your brand isn’t sustainable as you’re less likely to evolve and develop and therefore deliver what people want or don’t want. I know I couldn’t comment on BMs socials in any other way than positive without being branded a hateful troll and so that’s why people like us post on the likes of tattle and GG.

Couple of other quick thoughts re relatability, I struggle with her sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. I used to think I was body positive but now find some BOPO influencers (such as BM) are celebrating being overweight so I’m now more about body respect as I’ve got a lot of cellulite on my body needing respect [emoji1]I also can’t relate to how much disposable income she has but I guess with success comes more money. Perhaps though she should be more mindful of this so she doesn’t alienate more of her audience.

If BMs manager or husband are reading this. Sincerely no hate here just my thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Yel

Chatty Member
The sad thing is these infuencers might very well honestly believe that they are making the world a better place. Using your children for cadburys ADs and their junk food palm oil chocolate wrapped in thick plastic and very disposable plastic toys is the antithesis of making the world a better place.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Unless there is a black market demand for mouse ears and cheap mugs I'm pretty sure BM's house will be safe from any wannabe burgler.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Wahalala

I absolutely hate that mental health has become some fashionable thing now anything for the likes and gram, hey?

I've been in and out of hospital with mental health myself but I've tried to take my own life, no therapy was offered as the list was too long and there was no compassion.

These insta mum's have it too easy just because they've had a few bad days with their bratty kids they think they have depression and anxiety, it's a joke.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

anony mouse

Chatty Member
I'm actually embarrassed for her. I seriously think she thinks she's up there with Hollywood stars. She's a two bit vlogger from Birmingham. Wtf no one is going to be taking time out of their day and turn up at home bargains on the off chance they bump into her with their Disney autograph book at the ready. Deluded much 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart

Onthefence

My little boy doesn’t like posing....but I’ll bloody make him do it when I’m selling his image to Cadbury’s

• Angry
  • Haha

Carysssss

Wow wow wow...I've been a brummymummy follower for the last year but in the last 2 weeks I have totally gone off her!! Everything she does is cringy! (THE DANCING WTF) but the lying over her address is what did it for me. I used to find some of her stuff funny and her kids are sweet, but really she doesn't have much to offer unless you enjoy strange dancing, middle aged Disney fanatics and awful spelling and grammar!

Just to add I'm new to tattle since being sent over here by Emma herself 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25