Brummy Mummy #129 Blab of all trades, masters (degree) of one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can any of you local 🐮👜’s help with a question? Could she walk the school run? I’m assuming “the girl tween” gets on a school bus so it’s only “the boy” that needs to be taken to school? Just asking as we do a mile round trip walking to school everyday whatever the weather and some days I go wild and add an extra mile or two coming home as it a nice way to clear the brain fog for the day…

Also I lost my mum in a very tragic way and still in my early 30’s she really doesn’t appreciate what she has!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That’s it, I’m a decade younger than her and no children yet and lost my mum suddenly last year and I would give anything to have another bit of time with my mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don’t think they can walk to school but even if they could they probably wouldn’t 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Blimey this woman has a serious hoarding problem. The amount of crap she has crammed into every kitchen cupboard and every storage box. And the ridiculous mug collection.

I am amused that whenever she has packed stuff away or wants stuff getting out she has to wait for Steven. Is she incapable of carrying stuff up and downstairs by herself? I can't believe he panders to it. I guess anything for a quiet life.

Reactions: 20
When my dad was alive I used to visit him, wash his hair for him, make up sandwiches for him to eat, help him get into pyjamas and would sit with him chatting for hours. I’d give ANYTHING to be able to do just one of those things again. My Dad died when I was in my early 30’s. To have both of your parents alive when you reach your mid 40’s is an absolute privilege and one that she takes for granted. One day, one of her parents will inevitably pass away and she is going to have to help sort through their things. It is gut wrenching as it feels as if you’re throwing them away. She wants to think herself lucky she hasn’t got there yet.
This....🙌🙌🙌. Most of you know, my dad passed away last summer- today I've had to get to his house for 9am to let the house clearance team in...it's heartbreaking and she's no idea how emotional it is to have to sort through stuff your parents have collected over the years! God help the kids when Bab and Ste pass...it'll take months to sort thru her crap!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
the fact that the poet babreate thinks "rain" rhymes with "same" is exactly why her poetry pamphlet was a total flop. 🤦🏻‍♀️

and yet again showing her sheer desperation for content, when she's rehashing a christmas reel from two years ago, which was originally filmed with erin. "Ez" has obviously refused to participate - and she couldn't use ethan when she still attempts to give the impression her toddler son hasn't yet learned to write - thus cardboard cut-out ste was roped in instead. gormless as ever, with his total lack of reaction to babs hurtling manically across the kitchen - in slow motion, ofc 🤣 - bellowing "noooo", eyes bulging out of their sockets as he mutters "alright". 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
She’s tagged Katie in the dog licking face story….because Katie is at Louise’s?!?! Weird!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I used a wicker basket too.. however I send my children off with all sorts of tubs in a carrier bag 🤣I'm sick of the boxes not coming home .

Reactions: 12
okay, so i know this is a very delayed response, but i finally caught up on the Butlins vlog and i'm not surprised that babs left her elderly parents to move house by themselves and prioritised badly dying her hair over helping them, given that she arrived at butlins and immediately launched into filming a room tour - the usual boring "there's a TV....two beds...a plug socket" essentially listing everything that exists in any basic bedroom - mentioning that grandad rog is in a wheelchair, so babs has left them to get him to his room! what the actual duck?! i'm assuming by "them" she meant wet san and 🪜 - or potentially hotel staff? - but babs undoubtedly used having to entertain the toddlers an an excuse to disappear off to the room and avoid helping her parents. lazy cow doesn't know how lucky she is. 😔

and the way she mockingly asked erin to show off the contents of her multiple make-up bags, talking to her in the scathing manner she usually saves for ethan. and then, when erin begins showing off her body sprays, babs hurries her along demanding she only show the best ones. pretty bold of babs to role her eyes at the way her tween daughter has packed loads of accessories and make up etc for a three day holiday, given she lives with babs the hoarder! and as for the multiple body sprays, she's probably grown up with an innate fear of ever smelling like babs, and compensates with excessive application of scented sprays! it says far more about her lack of self confidence than anything - the unexpectedly self conscious daughter of such a "body confident" role model of a mother! 🤦🏻‍♀️

and that segment of the vlog where erin is filming at the arcade - urgh. it's awful to see the way she mimics babs - especially in the way she speaks to ethan, ending her vlogging by shoving the camera in ehr brother's face and saying "say bye to the people!" sadly, she is a product of her upbringing and shows so many traits of her narcissistic, controlling mother. 😔
I think her relationship with Erin is going to change A LOT over the next couple of years and she is totally unprepared for how much. Erin is going to be getting older, more independent, and it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Babs ends up in a state of seething jealousy towards her young, slim daughter- especially when Erin's own "bra under a jacket" (or whatever the Gen Z equivalent is) night out years hit. Judging by a lot of the things Emma has said in the past she fully expects to be completely immersed in her kids lives forever, and she's definitely banking on her and Erin being, like, total besties when Erin is an adult. Got news for you Bab, the eye rolling? The refusing to wear matching pj's because she's now got her own "aesthetic"? It's just the start.

Ok I’m questioning myself now about the gift bags. If I’m given a gift bag and the sender has written in the tag, I cut the tag off and put a new tag on to reuse the gift bag. Is that really bad of me to do that then?

• Heart
That poor dog's legs dangling like that. She shouldn't be allowed to keep pets if that is how she is going to treat them. That dog is going to end up with real back issues if she continues to carry it around without supporting it.

Reactions: 17
This....🙌🙌🙌. Most of you know, my dad passed away last summer- today I've had to get to his house for 9am to let the house clearance team in...it's heartbreaking and she's no idea how emotional it is to have to sort through stuff your parents have collected over the years! God help the kids when Bab and Ste pass...it'll take months to sort thru her crap!!!
The difference is Shaz her kids will be going “ bin it, bin it, bin it” as the beeping sound of a skip being dropped off would be heard in the background ❤😘

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Screenshot_20230110_124755_Instagram.jpg

So much I could say about this picture!
I imagine this expression is a common one on his gormless face where Emma is concerned 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She’s got a brass neck remaking the exact same content over and over like this. It’s like a carousel of tit comedy. I don’t think a skit about gift tags warrants a single reel, let alone two. She doesn’t even just recycle the concepts - she re-enacts them almost word for word.

I wish she would explain her thought process behind this. I mean ffs, even if she truly thinks this gift tag thing is some sort of comedy goldmine, she could at least shake up the storyline a bit each time she feels compelled to make a reel about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t think they can walk to school but even if they could they probably wouldn’t 😂
i honestly have no idea about the logistics in terms of the distance between their house and little E's school, but given that babs makes every possible excuse to avoid walking her content pup, and instead seems to just let Margot out in the garden a few times a day - huffing and puffing as she does so that she has been forced to drag her bulk from the sofa 🙄 - she's hardly going to embrace the opportunity to walk to and from ethan's school - even if it is a possibility! let's be honest, she'd be straight in the car even if ethan's school was just down the road from the hobbit house! walking - thus improving her appalling fitness levels - would involve her actually taking a miniscule amount of responsibility for her health and if increasing her activity levels has been advised by her GP, she will undoubtedly be pointedly refusing to do so, likely in an effort to accuse her doctor of fatphobia for the sake of future content. 🙄🙄

physical health aside, walking - whether to school and back, or taking her poor neglected dog out for a daily walk - would likely help with her supposed goal of improving her sleep, as it would give her body a chance to use energy and potentially feel vaguely physically tired - but that is far too much effort for babs! if she can't be prescribed a pill, or rely on supplements - how's the magnesium-induced diarrhea going, babs?! 🤣 - she simply isn't interested. it's a quick fix or no fix for lazy babs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok I’m questioning myself now about the gift bags. If I’m given a gift bag and the sender has written in the tag, I cut the tag off and put a new tag on to reuse the gift bag. Is that really bad of me to do that then?
I think most people do some procedure or other that involves being able to reuse a bag. It's not niche, Babs, in fact i would go so far as to say it's more niche to get a gift bag and just bin it instead of reusing it. Most people re-use anything that can be re-used, on account of the fact we're trying to slow down the inevitable bonfire of the planet that we live on.

Maybe i'll do a reel on taking my own carrier bags with me to the supermarket so that I don't have to use new ones each time, probably go viral cos it's so mind-blowingly niche.

Actually thinking about it, the fact she only had bags from Ethan's birthday to make her video proves she doesn't save gift bags anyway, where are the Christmas ones? Or her birthday ones, or Erin's??

• Heart
  • Haha
i will never forget the moment that i found a box full of all the birthday cards me and my brother had ever given my mama, all the handmade ones from childhood etc, and loads of precious sentimental memories she had kept - i was 19 and having to sort through her stuff, because there was no-one except for me and my 17 year old brother - and it was truly heartbreaking. and that was after five years of her being sick, caring for her and watching her suffer, deteriorate and fade away in front of my eyes. 💔

urgh. my eyes are literally filling with tears just thinking about it. i genuinely cannot comprehend being lucky enough to have parents alive when you are in your 40s, and not spending as much time with them as possible, wanting to help them and also just appreciating how lucky you are that they are alive, and won't be forever. i would do anything to have had the chance to make more memories with my mama and helping her move house because she is elderly and needs assistance is something i can only ever dream of - myself and my partner help his parents out in any way they need, and i can't imagine being selfish enough not to! the way babs overlooks how lucky she is, and refuses to drag her lazy arse off the sofa to help them out, is utterly abhorrent - and i would say she'll live to regret it, but i doubt she will, because she will be far too busy milking her future bereavement for content and sympathy. her attitude towards her parents and refusal to recognise how lucky she is truly disgusts and angers me in a way that non of her other abhorrent behaviour can even compare. 😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.