Brooklyn and Bailey #2 Envying Bailey's sponsored betrothal, Brooklyn finally got her Trump proposal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Dakota had a say in this house Brooklyn is buying? If it’s all been planned and discussed for months, to play devils advocate why did they wait 10 months to get engaged 😂
Perhaps they 'postponed' the engagement (if you can ever say that in such a breakneck speed courtship) to April to make it look like they've been together longer before getting engaged? Seems like Brooklyn may have already had a dress or at least looked around.

Reactions: 4
Not sure if these have already been posted, but I've only just seen them. The first one is from Jan when he moved alone, but is now looking for a house from 1st May? Maybe the wedding is as soon as we thought!
I freaking love this group. Y’all are sleuths 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Interesting because there was a comment saying "I'm predicting the wedding will be in the next 3 months" and the twins responded with "nope!"

But we all know their obsession with "throwing people off track" so who knows

Reactions: 7
Interesting because there was a comment saying "I'm predicting the wedding will be in the next 3 months" and the twins responded with "nope!"

But we all know their obsession with "throwing people off track" so who knows
Maybe less than three months if they plan to move in together after getting married... You know I just thought all this would have been avoided if they kept their views on virginity private and just not answer that QN from the start, we all know not everyone has the same views when it comes to marriage and sex and relationships... Just like politics your views are your own😌😚

Reactions: 4
Not sure "finally" is the right word when you've been looking for less than a day..
The tone of her voice is weird when she’s saying Brooklyn cried and then she cried again. It’s like ugh, Brooklyn’s crying again

I know where Bailey gets her narcissism- Mindy!
“Brooklyn’s engaged… look at the new hairitage products at Walmart!”
“Setting up for Brooklyn’s engagement party… look I got my eyebrows done!”
“Brooklyn found a dress… but I have a cold!”
That’s where Bailey gets it from. Idk how I didn’t notice it before!

Reactions: 13
The tone of her voice is weird when she’s saying Brooklyn cried and then she cried again. It’s like ugh, Brooklyn’s crying again

There is ZERO excitement from anyone about this engagement/marriage. Absolutely none! Surprised Dakota even got permission to propose at this stage!

Reactions: 11

Ughhh this, Mindy drives me crazy!! Maybe she's very different in person to how she is online but she seems like a very distant/uninterested mother :rolleyes: and it grates on me that she tries to look/act young and cool and keep up with her kids. I feel like the family vibe of her old videos suited her more but now she thinks that people are interested in her as an influencer and it's just kinda cringe lol

Reactions: 15
Has anyone read Mindy's adoption stories? She chronicled them years ago when they adopted Daxton and Paisley. I put the link at the bottom of this post.

During the adoption process, Mindy seemed more down-to-earth and humble, and more engaged with her faith than she is nowadays.

But the sad thing is that she gives such importance to giving Shaun a son, and her Mormon faith echoes through the whole story. She wrote that she was happy that Shaun would 'finally have a son' upon Daxton's adoption, that the girls were longing for a brother, and they gave Daxton his first names (Daxton Shaun) although the birth mom expressed preference for other names ('JJ' - names unknown).
Mindy was also invested in learning about African American culture, and teaching her son about influential African Americans. Now that Dakota is joining the family, this seems like an extreme deviation.

Quoting some passages from the story:

Giving Shaun a son / giving the girls a brother:
She [Daxton's biological mother] was anxious for Shaun to hold our son, to see his reaction to the son he had waited 10 years for.
I can’t help but think of the scripture excerpt “…become like a little child” when I watch my girls hold him and love on him. They finally have their baby brother.
Daxton's name issue:
The day of the birth, our birthmom threw us a little curve ball as far as the name goes. Normally, a birth mom will name her child and then the adoptive parents can change it at finalization. She had wanted to name him “JJM”. We had decided on little “DSM [Daxton Shaun McKnight]”. On Wednesday, she mentioned that she really didn’t want him to have two names. She would feel more bonded to him if she knew his long term name before she left. So she asked if she could give the middle name with us giving him the first name. We talked and decided that for the time being we were ok with it.

I think my hubby is a little sad, since he really wanted our son to have his name as the middle name. That being said, both of us agreed that we also respect our birthmom and her wishes.
And of course, Daxton Shaun McKnight it became...

Mindy's views on interracial adoption:
Throughout the posts, Mindy writes that she and Shaun are open to any ethnicity. The birth mother told Mindy all kinds of things that she wanted Mindy, as a white woman, to know when raising Daxton. Mindy was open to hearing this information, and took everything into consideration. Then Mindy wrote:
I promise to teach my son about famous blacks in history, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Malcom X, etc, and especially the power of Martin Luther King Jr. and his brilliant leadership. I love that he is born in a country where Obama is president today, something he can aspire to one day if he so chooses, and that he’ll see other prominent blacks achieving amazing things in government, business, religion, sports, families, etc. There will be more than just Black History Month in our home, as we will talk about these things every day. I have watched as our extended families have adapted and opened their hearts as well. They love him, too.
Brooklyn's betrothal to Dakota (which the McKnights did sign off on) seems such a sharp U-turn for the family, and Mindy and Shaun in particular. Mindy has said before how she always felt for her adopted children when they were harassed because of their ethnicity. I feel for the family and for Paisley and Daxton.
Perhaps Brooklyn is indeed pregnant, and that is why they reluctantly agreed to the engagement. If they had known Dakota better, would the McKnights have objected? Why was Brooks turned down?

Mormon religion & Temple blessings:
Before the adoption was finalised, the McKnights had a Temple blessing in which the following was predicted:
My hubby was told this baby would look up to him and follow his good example. That he would be a righteous young man who loves the Savior, serve a mission, marry in the temple, and honor his priesthood. That he had a special mission to fulfill on this earth and needed to come to a home full of the gospel of Christ.
The photo Kamri uploaded recently, reminiscing their lives with four female siblings, was the one from the day they had a Temple sealing for Daxton as a baby:
templesealing1.png

templesealing3.png

templesealing2.png

No need to upload just the photo with the four girls? She could have included them all (Paisley had not been born yet).

If you want to read Mindy's adoption story, you can start here at part 1 and click to the next pages at the bottom of each page: https://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/adoption/our-adoption-story/

Adoption is a nerve-wrecking and emotional process for the biological mother and the adoption family, so I don't want to snark on that at all. I am totally convinced of Mindy's love for Daxton. But Mindy's story gives insight into themes we have discussed in this thread, and enlightens us on some of the experiences and choices of the McKnight family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Has anyone read Mindy's adoption stories? She chronicled them years ago when they adopted Daxton and Paisley. I put the link at the bottom of this post.

During the adoption process, Mindy seemed more down-to-earth and humble, and more engaged with her faith than she is nowadays.

But the sad thing is that she gives such importance to giving Shaun a son, and her Mormon faith echoes through the whole story. She wrote that she was happy that Shaun would 'finally have a son' upon Daxton's adoption, that the girls were longing for a brother, and they gave Daxton his first names (Daxton Shaun) although the birth mom expressed preference for other names ('JJ' - names unknown).
Mindy was also invested in learning about African American culture, and teaching her son about influential African Americans. Now that Dakota is joining the family, this seems like an extreme deviation.

Quoting some passages from the story:

Giving Shaun a son / giving the girls a brother:

Daxton's name issue:

And of course, Daxton Shaun McKnight it became...

Mindy's views on interracial adoption:
Throughout the posts, Mindy writes that she and Shaun are open to any ethnicity. The birth mother told Mindy all kinds of things that she wanted Mindy, as a white woman, to know when raising Daxton. Mindy was open to hearing this information, and took everything into consideration. Then Mindy wrote:

Brooklyn's betrothal to Dakota (which the McKnights did sign off on) seems such a sharp U-turn for the family, and Mindy and Shaun in particular. Mindy has said before how she always felt for her adopted children when they were harassed because of their ethnicity. I feel for the family and for Paisley and Daxton.
Perhaps Brooklyn is indeed pregnant, and that is why they reluctantly agreed to the engagement. If they had known Dakota better, would the McKnights have objected? Why was Brooks turned down?

Mormon religion & Temple blessings:
Before the adoption was finalised, the McKnights had a Temple blessing in which the following was predicted:

The photo Kamri uploaded recently, reminiscing their lives with four female siblings, was the one from the day they had a Temple sealing for Daxton as a baby:
View attachment 1196377
View attachment 1196381
View attachment 1196378
No need to upload just the photo with the four girls? She could have included them all (Paisley had not been born yet).

If you want to read Mindy's adoption story, you can start here at part 1 and click to the next pages at the bottom of each page: https://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/adoption/our-adoption-story/

Adoption is a nerve-wrecking and emotional process for the biological mother and the adoption family, so I don't want to snark on that at all. I am totally convinced of Mindy's love for Daxton. But Mindy's story gives insight into themes we have discussed in this thread, and enlighten us on some of the experiences and choices of the McKnight family.
Very in-depth and interesting analysis I appreciate it as someone who wasn't aware of some of the early history of this family. It seems like Mindy most of the time (at least in the past) has good intentions for her family which makes me believe that there must be a pretty 'good' reason for them allowing Brooklyn to marry Dakota (maybe pre-marital sex without pregnancy, the family found out and is now reluctantly allowing the marriage).

Reactions: 9
Very in-depth and interesting analysis I appreciate it as someone who wasn't aware of some of the early history of this family. It seems like Mindy most of the time (at least in the past) has good intentions for her family which makes me believe that there must be a pretty 'good' reason for them allowing Brooklyn to marry Dakota (maybe pre-marital sex without pregnancy, the family found out and is now reluctantly allowing the marriage).
I dont think pre marital sex would cause rushing a wedding or marrying someone you dont love.. I think this goes deeper than we think (pregnancy showing which she might not even be pregnant). She thought she'll marry before bailey, she has dated more people than her sister has who only really dated ASA and eventually married him tbh bailey seems lucky in the love department (this has also happened with the merrell twins where nessa has dated more bt roni is married to a guy she dated for 4½ years) maybe its a twin thing bt in this case Brooklyn is afraid of aging and bailey having kids before she does while she's the one who wanted to be a young mom.

Reactions: 1
Slightly off topic but I get the ick when seeing photos of those Mormon churches 😬 They look so menacing. Maybe it's because I have been watching ex LDS YouTubers this week to find out more about the cult. Seriously messed up!

I think Mindy really does try to educate herself and Daxton and Paisley about their culture. I truly DON’T understand why they’re getting married so soon (and why Mindy and Shaun are allowing it)
1. Bailey met him 5 times, which is probably the same for Mindy and Shaun. Why would they give their blessing? He’s basically a stranger to them.
2. Dakota and his family have posted terrible things online. Did Mindy and Shaun think people wouldn’t find out? Do they not care?
3. Her body language with Dakota is completely different than with Brooks.
4. If Brooks asked for their blessing, idk why they would say no. He’s in school and is LDS. They were fine with Brooklyn following him to Utah. Why would they say no to Brooks but yes to Dakota?
5.Maybe they’re allowing it because she’ll have babies soon, making them grandparents (and the views of course)

Like someone said, I think Brooklyn will stay with him to prove the “haters” wrong.

I think Mindy really does try to educate herself and Daxton and Paisley about their culture. I truly DON’T understand why they’re getting married so soon (and why Mindy and Shaun are allowing it)
1. Bailey met him 5 times, which is probably the same for Mindy and Shaun. Why would they give their blessing? He’s basically a stranger to them.
2. Dakota and his family have posted terrible things online. Did Mindy and Shaun think people wouldn’t find out? Do they not care?
3. Her body language with Dakota is completely different than with Brooks.
4. If Brooks asked for their blessing, idk why they would say no. He’s in school and is LDS. They were fine with Brooklyn following him to Utah. Why would they say no to Brooks but yes to Dakota?
5.Maybe they’re allowing it because she’ll have babies soon, making them grandparents (and the views of course)

Like someone said, I think Brooklyn will stay with him to prove the “haters” wrong.
I remember there was a rumor going around that Brooks thought Brooklyn wasn’t Mormon enough. Not sure if that’s true tho.

Brooklyn saying Bailey and Mindy both approve let’s me know they’re Trumpies too pol

Rylan blocked me because I asked if Dakota supports Black Lives Matter 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾

they have a question box on their instagram story rn, I wonder if they’ll actually answer things about brooklyn and dakota

they have a question box on their instagram story rn, I wonder if they’ll actually answer things about brooklyn and dakota
So far she has answered that Dakota did ask for her blessing before popping the question to Brooklyn and that Bayley will post about Brooklyn’s special moments so that Brooklyn can enjoy and live her moment

Reactions: 2
E372B6B2-49A9-454F-BDAC-90231A1FDE11.jpeg

anyone else think this is about Brooks?? I def feel like he wanted to get engaged and the McKnights turned him down which lead to the breakup. Even in the breakup post Brooklyn mentioned something about timing.

Going off the thing that someone found on their Pinterest, I think I have found their skincare instagram page. The only 3 followers all work in the industry and follow Shaun and Mindy…
this might be the secret project she was talking about on her instagram story that they’ve been working on for 2 years.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.