Brogan Tate #19 I got 99 instas and Bejis is one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My gripe with these 'influencers' is that they think they are like you and me. They think they work just as many hours as you and me. But in reality they have it super easy. Their work is filming them shopping, getting their nails & hair done, doing hauls on things, showing off new cars. All for our benefit. And no one tell them if their work is good or bad. I know dam well if i slacked off or didn't meet the deadline i would be in big trouble. I would lose clients and therefor lose money. They think going on holiday is 'work' then come home and produce something sub par. All this fast fashion then send it all back. All the swipe up and links on stuff they have and will never use.

No one is holding them accountable. They are not part of a professional body. But sit there and complain that they are just like you and me.

No they are nothing like me.

Reactions: 12
It's a difficult one as I too have questioned my reading of this forum in light of events, however I do think people are entitled to speak up with valid criticism if someone is making money/gaining opportunities from that viewers engagement in their content; the free gifts, expenses paid trips, being financially rewarded etc... The people who consume a magazine are entitled to an opinion on its contents, although I agree comments on her appearance often cross the line.

I personally couldn't care less what Brogan weighs as that's her lifestyle choice (and I'm no skinny minnie myself) - but I do take issue at her being paid to shrill an intolerance test to me/her viewers and lie about having intolerances for financial gain. That's when the audience has a right to question the validity of her content. If I was mis-sold or falsely advertised something elsewhere, there are laws to protect me from this and influencers should be no different.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I liked Brogan's older content and her then down-to-earth personality which is why I subscribed in the first place. It's the change in her content since going full time (Pretending to use Groupon/drink that branded wine she has never mentioned before or again as two examples) is what I take issue with.

Reactions: 11
Had to PAY for it :rolleyes:
what is so apparent is she has set her self up like this. Like most of these people. They bark on about something because they are getting it free.
if I got something for free I would tell all my friends on how to get it and how good it is! But I would also tell my friends it won’t last and it’s not sustainable to expect stuff for free.

Reactions: 1
Plus I don't think these influencers go through what celebrities, and what Caroline Flack, went through. They are not celebrities. They can go out and about and wouldn't be recognised or harassed by press. They share their lives themselves, they don't get rumours and lies spread about them by newspapers. They choose what they put out there and they do that to make money.
Like what someone else said, they could stop and get a normal job if they don't like a negative response but instead they are swanning around doing very few hours work, but getting paid to go on free holidays and get free gifts sent to them. They are making that decision.
We are human beings. From before the internet existed gossip still existed. It would just be in magazines. None of us write anything directly to Brogan, she'd have to actively search out this page. What's the difference between this and Gogglebox?
And OK it's not nice to have a gossip thread exist about you, but it's a result of the job she has chosen. I don't have a tattle thread because I have a private life, and a normal office job.

Reactions: 30
Plus I don't think these influencers go through what celebrities, and what Caroline Flack, went through. They are not celebrities. They can go out and about and wouldn't be recognised or harassed by press. They share their lives themselves, they don't get rumours and lies spread about them by newspapers. They choose what they put out there and they do that to make money.
Like what someone else said, they could stop and get a normal job if they don't like a negative response but instead they are swanning around doing very few hours work, but getting paid to go on free holidays and get free gifts sent to them. They are making that decision.
We are human beings. From before the internet existed gossip still existed. It would just be in magazines. None of us write anything directly to Brogan, she'd have to actively search out this page. What's the difference between this and Gogglebox?
And OK it's not nice to have a gossip thread exist about you, but it's a result of the job she has chosen. I don't have a tattle thread because I have a private life, and a normal office job.
very true, gossip has always been a natural part of human life. We don’t troll brogan - we don’t post on her page and tell her she’s fat etc. We merely comment on her life. I’m sure if she worked a 9-5 and wasn’t on YouTube her colleagues would be very similar things to say about her that we say here

Reactions: 7
As mentioned above, if all these influencers are so ‘mentally effected’ they would find another job. The egos now are terrible. When a kid is being a spoilt brat throwing toys out the pram, do parents praise them? So who tells the adults off when they are behaving this way?

Reactions: 10
Hey just wanted to say I hope no one on this thread is taking anything too to heart. Some of the stuff I read earlier is playing on my mind (such as “imagine if that had been Brogan” regarding Caroline Flack)

It’s great that people have decided not to discuss Brogan’s weight anymore. What happened to Caroline Flack though had little to do with people discussing her on a forum. The two aren’t really comparable.

So what I’m trying to say is yes it’s nice to be nice but I hope no one is sitting at home feeling guilty about having used Tattle, and reach out if you are!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Who is she kidding with the ‘lighter work schedule’? We see her do next to nothing week in week out.

Reactions: 10
I've just watched their home tour. She says it doesn't need much structural work (ie none!!) So they should be moving in in around 6 weeks.... That was published end of September!!! So funny.
Oh I need to rewatch that one. Is there a weekly slog this week?

I came here when I got blocked for questioning her gaining from her race for life charity run she did. This was unacceptable in my eyes but there was no need to block me, I wasn’t rude, I wasn’t horrible I just simply asked a question regarding how she could benefit from a cancer charity.
If she had addressed this question like a fully grown up woman instead of block and delete like always then these threads wouldn’t be running the course. You only have to look at all the replies to her videos and Instagram posts, they are all saying things that she wants to hear, anything she doesn’t want to hear is taken as being trolled and deleted. This is not real life I’m afraid, when you do something like benefit your own self gain from a charity then this is not right in anyway you look at it. She puts herself out there and from what she puts out my conclusion is that she is a very very spoilt human who wants everyone to pussy foot around her and to lick her backside

Reactions: 18
I know we’re all having a very serious conversation right now but can we take a minute to appreciate that Brogan has posted on her ig story that she’s gone for a half an hour walk?! I hope she does this more often.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know we’re all having a very serious conversation right now but can we take a minute to appreciate that Brogan has posted on her ig story that she’s gone for a half an hour walk?! I hope she does this more often.
She should be doing it daily.. she has no excuse.
My ex works from home (and has actual work to do) but he still runs every lunch time.

Reactions: 1
Hey just wanted to say I hope no one on this thread is taking anything too to heart. Some of the stuff I read earlier is playing on my mind (such as “imagine if that had been Brogan” regarding Caroline Flack)

It’s great that people have decided not to discuss Brogan’s weight anymore. What happened to Caroline Flack though had little to do with people discussing her on a forum. The two aren’t really comparable.

So what I’m trying to say is yes it’s nice to be nice but I hope no one is sitting at home feeling guilty about having used Tattle, and reach out if you are!

I'll admit I feel a bit tit for some of the things I've said about Brogan, half guilt half just realising it was probably unnecessary, but as I said in my previous post I'm still using Tattle. There's no getting away from the fact Brogan is self absorbed and spoilt and it makes us all angry watching her get away with being a brat and being constantly rewarded for it.

Going forward there's gonna be no judgement from me for people's posts. It's been a sad, sombre weekend in the media and if it makes us all stop and think before we post then surely that's not a bad thing.

Reactions: 3
I agree Bits and Bobs. Like when someone asked if Benji’s cruise photos should be #gifted. It wasn’t a rude question or written in a horrible why but she deleted the comment. Why not just say “Oh thank you for that, I will get him to edit the current ones and make sure he includes #gifted from now on“.
If she removes those sorts of comments I’m not surprised you were blocked for yours!

Reactions: 7
I understand peoples reasonings behind their posts and wanting to be more careful with that they say, however, (off topic) Caroline flack didn't kill herself because people were saying horrible things there were alot of issues surrounding her situation i.e her beating her boyfriend up so I don't really think that and people commenting about bogie are similar in any way.

Reactions: 15
It’s nice she’s getting out but I question why she’s posted it online, clearly looking for compliments, she could start running again, I also wonder what she was listening too! She seems consumed by Disney and I’m not sure that is helping

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.