Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried watching one of her videos again after someone suggested her latest vlog on another thread. She may come across calm, but that doesn’t mean what she’s concise. She keeps talking and talking and just cannot come to the point. It all takes way too long for me. We were 4 minutes in before she finally got to showing her apartment. Not for me.

Reactions: 5
It all takes way too long for me. We were 4 minutes in before she finally got to showing her apartment. Not for me.
I amp the playback speed to at least 1.5x It helps sometimes - other times it's like a chipmunk kvetching at warp velocity 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I amp the playback speed to at least 1.5x It helps sometimes - other times it's like a chipmunk kvetching at warp velocity 😄
I already had it at 1.5 speed, which is totally fine with BB, because she is a slow talker, but it’s all the unnecessary talk before she gets to her topic that bothers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
All that buildup to the tour and her flat turns out to be just... kind of meh? Unfinished? Untidy? A total waste of space for one person?

Reactions: 8
Yeah she said she'd talk about living alone, instead it was something really long that could have been shorter and punchier. Like the "Monica Room" reveal - THAT should have been a brief and punchy gag we see for 3 seconds.... that is how humour works and real self deprecation. Instead she spent time in there talking about how it's full of belongings and her sister didn't want to stay in it.

Seems like in other jobs where someone would make something like this, folks check and weigh in on the work and you collaborate. I wonder what feedback she gets and what it might look like if she worked in a team rather than solo.

Anywho, I'm still curious to know more about how she apparently took other folks' myspace profiles and made them her own. It's so odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm betting she cleaned up that Monica room or some of it's been taken to the studio. Maybe she does read these comments. If that's true, that's sad. I could never read what dingalings on the internet or otherwise say about me. That would really hard for anyone to take. And yes, I'm calling myself a ding-a-ling.

I wonder what the agent does - probably just gets them partnerships? You would think a good agent would coach their client on content and the value of a good Gordon Lish type of edit. If you don't know who the heck I'm bleating on about don't worry, he was an editor for much of Raymond Carver's work and brutally slashed and burned whole paragraphs/pages even of Carver, who is the ultimate laconic and spare, one might say "minimalist" American writer.

For someone who is a so called "minfluencer" she needs to amp up editing her monologues or practice saying it once not a million times. A little bit is endearing. A lot is not. I'm a wordy, bouncy, effusive, slumber party up all night kinda kid (well, not really a kid) myself and I know first hand how hard this is. I mean, hello kettle this is pot. Take a look at my gosh darn posts. But I'm not on youtube or telling anyone to read it (this comforts).

Maybe she will have her studio mates critique her oeuvre? Oeuvre used facetiously obviously. An apt word for a minimalist person who regularly fusses like a colicky baby needing her nappy ironed. Okay now I'll stop being mean, hamster on a wheel, colicky baby, not nice. I reckon I can be both of those things myself though and regularly call myself out on it.

I love looking at peoples' flats normally but this one bored me. It's nice, very nice but dull, very dull. I want to drop a test tube of glitter in it and say oopsie doodle, la la la, back away slowly, then run. Just kidding, I hate glitter. It's certainly swish and a lot of space for one person who also has a studio. Not too much space if you make it more of a home, but it's a bit sterile and 2 bathrooms?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
BB’s pace of talk always makes me wonder how much of a horrible colleague she would be, self-indulging into longwinded never ending sentences with zero substance while everyone else in the meeting is trying to get to the point, come up with a solution and get the job done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I find her flat a bit underwhelming too. The period features in the front room are beautiful, walking past her building whilst growing up I always wondered what the inside was like. But beyond the front room the rest of the flat is just generic English new build territory, the two bedrooms lead onto the communal car park.

Brittany definitely hasn’t learned you aren’t going to appeal to everyone and even those you do appeal to aren’t going to agree with every decision you make. You would have thought with being an internet person for over ten years she would have realised you need to tough skin to put yourself out there. She seems so eager to please though to the point where she’s completely over analysing it.

• Heart
Been having a lot of thoughts about Brittany, but actually just got so stressed out watching her do her makeup in this week's vlog. I wish she would stop fake apologising and fake saying something looks tit in an attempt to be self deprecating aka with her brows and her face post makeup, you can't say you like you see your skin/moles that you feel comfortable in your skin etc and then be like oofft omg I don't know do I even look good. We know you know you do. Also, that really wasn't a lot of blush.

I've got some thoughts and I don't want to sound like a snob here but.... if you are repping or trying to rep Hermes drop the H... it's "airmehse"

Seemed like she's more boisterous and jolly, made me think she was taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med or maybe getting some (sorry to be vulgar but what else can account for a sudden mood boost lol?). I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish the compilation was a bit longer. All the fun stuff (even bike rides) are what I find fun to watch, not the talking to the camera and certainly not the makeup tutorial.

The shopping indecision and especially the checking tagged photos was SO RELATABLE. This is how I shop. So... thanks Brittany for alerting me to how anxious and stressful I am!!!

Reactions: 6
yes, I hate that vloggers tend to focus on themselves and their thoughts about what they're going to do that day instead of showing us what they're doing!!!

Reactions: 4
Been having a lot of thoughts about Brittany, but actually just got so stressed out watching her do her makeup in this week's vlog. I wish she would stop fake apologising and fake saying something looks tit in an attempt to be self deprecating aka with her brows and her face post makeup, you can't say you like you see your skin/moles that you feel comfortable in your skin etc and then be like oofft omg I don't know do I even look good. We know you know you do. Also, that really wasn't a lot of blush.
i thought it was weird that she was making a point that only a couple of people had asked for her makeup routine. its as if taking the piss of influencer life makes her feel better about being an influencer, but i honestly don't find it funny, its just kind of arrogant IMO.

• Heart
yeah either embrace being an influencer or don't. making jabs at ~influencer culture~ just makes it seem like BB thinks she#s above all that. she's vlogging, she ain't all that different from all the other influencers. paying for overpriced clothing and homewares really has gone to her head.

Reactions: 13
I find her flat a bit underwhelming too. The period features in the front room are beautiful, walking past her building whilst growing up I always wondered what the inside was like. But beyond the front room the rest of the flat is just generic English new build territory, the two bedrooms lead onto the communal car park.

Brittany definitely hasn’t learned you aren’t going to appeal to everyone and even those you do appeal to aren’t going to agree with every decision you make. You would have thought with being an internet person for over ten years she would have realised you need to tough skin to put yourself out there. She seems so eager to please though to the point where she’s completely over analysing it.
She does have some beautiful things though, I think she should have gone into detail there alongside actually declaring what has been gifted.

Also, there is something quite uncomfortable with youtubers doing depop sales and expecting everything to be snapped up instantly. It's like their audience is just a cash cow, a resource they know they can always tap into for some quick money.

Reactions: 11
BB is trying so hard to be likeable in her latest vlog. very over friendly and over happy. it's a big contrast to her usual glib, quiet, and boring chats. not that this vlog is any less boring, it's just boring + upbeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember Brittany buying some of the pieces on Depop but she must have been gifted the majority.
Confession time, I’ve only ever bought two pieces of clothing from being directly influenced by an influencer and both of those times it has been Brittany. One was the Dr Martens and the second was the gingham Paloma Wool dress she listed on Depop, both brands not really my usual style.
I remember Brittany bought the Paloma Wool dress herself and she might have bought the Marina London dress, she had at least five of those dresses in different colours, I always wondered if she still had them. I remember she was gifted at least one by Marina though.

Also as a lol I’m sure the Chelsea boots she couldn’t remember the brand of are Daryl K, bought at the height of her Alexa Chung obsession. As were the Ganni checked dress she tried on and the saltwater sandals Brittany mentioned in the latest vlog.
They do say influencers themselves are the ones who are most influenced by others.

I like Brittany’s sense of humour, maybe its a British thing, but when Brittany was talking about The Row sandals did she even realise she was inadvertently throwing shade at Lizzy and Lindsey? Although to be fair being friends with them is the reason why I believe Brittany might be as wholesome as she appears.

During a vlog in January Brittany set herself a goal to switch over to 100% clean beauty by the end of 2021, so what happened? Did she down her beliefs because Hermes knocked on her door?

During a vlog in January Brittany set herself a goal to switch over to 100% clean beauty by the end of 2021, so what happened? Did she down her beliefs because Hermes knocked on her door?
Yes. Or she forgot. Or she couldn't be bothered to commit / do the research. Or she didn't want to lose out on brand money. Or, more likely, a mix of all of them. Greed, essentially.

I have only ever watched maybe two or three of Brittany's videos (I find her boring and the first time I watched one her her videos I actually fell asleep!) I do, however, read this thread from time to time, and I'm a sucker for relationship drama. My take on her 'trial separation' is that Brittany is having her cake and eating it too. It seems to me like she's the one who wanted to separate, but she keeps her ex in her life on her terms, and gets to live her single girl life in a pretty nice apartment while doing so. If this is the case, then it's really selfish on her part, especially if Dean is hanging on in there hoping for a reconciliation. I could be way off, of course, but I have seen this kind of thing before. She will keep Dean as her standby until she finds someone new/is ready to move on. Then she will kick him to the kerb.
BB doesn’t have any real friends Dean is the only person you see her with. Have you ever seen her post anything that involves other person apart from Dean. Some time before COVID she went to Paris and remember how she moaned about it being lonely and not having anyone to hang out with. Booohooo! Anyone who is like this can’t be a nice person in real life, and you can’t say she doesn’t like to post other people on her Instagram because that’s not what her platform is about, we’ll why do we only see Dean?
I think if you are out and about with people you love you’d post something about it. I see other influencers post things they do with fam and friends and I love to see that, makes me think these people are what they perceive themselves to be on social media, which Is something I can’t say about BB, as clearly Dean is the only person she has. Sad life

Dean just posted a story wishing BB a happy birthday. Would be a weird move if she was his ex.

I actually wonder what they have in common. She’s cagey and stuck up and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I might be wrong, but that’s the impression I get from him (not to mention his artistic ability and taste in music. The Strokes💓...).
People have seen bb shouting at Dean in the street that’s the gossip/rumour I heard years ago, also people who work at versions places in Norwich have said she is boring af, bear in mind Norwich is a small place everyone knows everyone or knows someone who knows someone and she is big for Norwich standards, people talk and share stories. She is not a nice person I don’t know is it’s down to her being shy or anxious, but I’ve never heard anyone say she is pleasant unless she is different to people she is close with.

• Wow
None of this surprises me. It's really quite sad how BB's only friend is her "ex". I imagine the reason she puts so much importance on owning expensive homewares and fretting so much over creases in her clothing is because there's literally nothing else in her life. No friends, no hobbies, no interests. I'm convinced she goes to art galleries because she knows they're thought of as cool but has very little interest in the art beyond the prestige it gives her to talk about it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.