Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know what it is but I agree that her being more silly or joking around in videos comes off forced and fake... maybe because she tried to appear so perfect all the time until lately.

Does she not do weekly vlogs anymore?? There hasn’t been one in ages.

The what I would wear video...
I don’t understand why she thinks we need to see her in a little box talking though the outfits when she is looking down the whole time anyway. Like??? Don’t need to see that, just use the audio from the talk through 😂 But she likes to show us her talking a lot instead of just showing us stuff anyway. Already said that before.
Also... couldn’t help to think of that German influencer that has been mentioned on here before because she does those kind of outfit videos as well...

Reactions: 3
🙄 maybe ‘unbearable’ was a little harsh but generally it wasn’t too rude a comment and it’s feedback, so there is a point in it.

Reactions: 10
🙄 maybe ‘unbearable’ was a little harsh but generally it wasn’t too rude a comment and it’s feedback, so there is a point in it.
To be fair they were gracious enough to say “a little bit” before “unbearable” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t think the “unbearable” was from a native English speaker. Of course, when it’s unbearable, just click out. I think they meant a little hard to get through.

“There was absolutely no need to tell me this”. Lol why? You’re creating media content for an audience, the audience is allowed to comment on it. Certain comments could be out of bounds of course, but discussing these elements of the vlog should be perfectly normal… it’s not like someone comes up to you on the street and says ‘you’re boring’, she’s literally made content so that others can consume it and she can make money off their consumption of her. I swear most of these girls have no acceptance or understanding of what their career is.

Reactions: 17
People who react very defensively are insecure. She is very insecure, it hurts to watch. I hope that she is able to find some kind of peace within herself/work because i think that it would improve her content and her work exponentially!

Reactions: 12
I wonder what her unedited response was?!
💩💩💩💩💩 Omg she's so short with people these days....lol maybe don't say anything if this is your response???

Just watching the outfit vid now, the insert narration is unhinged....just do a voice over which you can also actually edit if you get it wrong...like that would suit your neurosis so much better Brittany.

Reactions: 9
I watched a few minutes of that video and it looks so weird, she doesn’t even look up from reading. Just do a voiceover, we don’t need visual proof it’s you commenting on yourself. Very strange.

Reactions: 11
Oh here I am again, yes I did watch, it's been so long since she posted anything, anything at all. Glutton for punishment and bored.

If I were her boss (I know they don't really have bosses, the agencies don't care if they get views) I'd say:

1. Don't read from notes! Look at the camera and speak naturally. Nothing more boring than reading a script.
2. Don't apologize. Stop it. It's annoying. They are your take, they won't be everyone's, that's fine.
4. No need for side by side with you in the corner, better to wear and explain (briefly) -simpler better
5. Use stuff you have and situations you know, maybe one or two pieces new for affiliate, (Birger shirt nice) - nothing worse than someone who doesn't know a situation to tell/instruct other people about and sounds either whinge (I hate festivals), or arrogant (I don't need to date)
6. Don't repeat yourself, watch the vid and edit it out (or train yourself). You do too much saying the same thing in a different way and it clogs up the works.

Other than that (LOL), it was okay. I do think she knows what looks good on her and has a style that is a bit more refined than even her look a likes. Yes, it's copied, but she does bring something to it. I guess. It's not a very original concept - the looks for situations. Especially day to dinner by changing to heels (oh my God, this has been said since the 80's). I stick to my opinion on those khaki pants, Jil Sander or not, not flattering at all - like dad's Dockers.

Did you guys see the camper van progress on insta? It does look pretty nice though I would want a pass through to the front, not have to get out and go around if I needed something or if I wanted a nap while the other driving. Dean has done an amazing job. It's not my style, I'd rather a bit more VW hippie van but modern take (it's too clean lines/ ikea for me), with some cuteness, but that's not her style. It's quite an accomplishment.

Reactions: 7
BTW I'm a Brittany Bathgate style failure/ possibly some people's idea of unsuccessful at life. Look at my outfit today (sometimes I do look a bit more neutral but I mix it up a lot). The yellows don't even match. The skirt is so ugly I feel that it's good - at least at giving my conservative neighbors whiplash when I walk my pups. Ha! I'm just an old (but still 13 inside) fashion designer/creative director now studying social work with a buzz cut (recovering from cancer - I'm okay now - could NOT handle wearing a wig) who shops almost entirely from thrift shops and wears slip on white vans b/c I'm too lazy for shoelaces (at the moment). I'm not a beauty but girl that's all right (Springsteen). My hair is weird, it's gray on the sides. LOL. It's like bleeping science experiment growing it back. But you know what? I'm happier now than ever. Seriously.

I didn't scroll back and read that comment on the critical comment first. Good lord, what a baby. Can you imagine if she read mine? Oh well.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t think the “unbearable” was from a native English speaker. Of course, when it’s unbearable, just click out. I think they meant a little hard to get through.
Yup, exactly, it wasn't someone who speaks English as a first language, I thought the same (lack of articles too) and when I clicked on that user it said Portugal. She (BB) overreacted. Insuportável is the Portuguese for unbearable and it also means just, overwhelming or annoying.

I like Luke Meahger - Haute le Mode. I used to not but the more I watch him the more I appreciate how much work he puts into his videos and he is legitimately funny. He strikes me as such a contrast to BB in so many ways and yeah, it's a whole different thing but he gets 100's of thousands of views for a reason.

RE: the point of criticism I read about him that he reads all the comments even the bad ones and says it doesn't worry him - if someone says you're ugly and you pronounced that designer's name wrong he says he completely ignores the you're ugly and is like, wait, what name, let me look that up and get it right. Love that. And he's much younger than her. It's a great attitude and necessary if you are going to be on yt. He depersonalizes it.

She could have just been - oh, I maybe shouldn't read when presenting and could stop over apologizing. Instead, she fixated on "unbearable". She says she has had therapy but this is the first thing they should cover with her I reckon (ha! who am I?) - awareness that your perception may not be correct. Heck if she just did those two things alone (neither epic crimes) she'd improve so much. It was what everyone thought who isn't a raving sycophant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Omg just checked out a Haute le Mode video and what a catharsis! Total opposite of BB - ENTERTAINING! All she did that worked was montages. Maybe she could make a career out of montages. Your comments Brerwhabbit are bang on!

I checked out Haute le Mode and can someone remind me why he was recommended? he's completely different to BB, which I suppose he is more entertaining for but they're nothing alike.

Reactions: 1
I checked out Haute le Mode and can someone remind me why he was recommended? he's completely different to BB, which I suppose he is more entertaining for but they're nothing alike.
It was in the context of receiving criticism and taking the relevant points from it.

I used to follow him years ago, but I got tired of that act pretty quickly. It’s entertaining, but it’s the same thing over and over. He’s fairly knowledgeable about fashion, but I’m not into that side of fashion (high fashion).

Reactions: 5
It was in the context of receiving criticism and taking the relevant points from it.

I used to follow him years ago, but I got tired of that act pretty quickly. It’s entertaining, but it’s the same thing over and over. He’s fairly knowledgeable about fashion, but I’m not into that side of fashion (high fashion).
I have watched and followed him from the beginning and love the way he is able to accept critique from his audience. I think it has something to do with the fact that he criticises so many collections that he understands a lot of the time it is meant to be constructive! Unlike you-know-who…

Snarkvark said "I checked out Haute le Mode and can someone remind me why he was recommended? he's completely different to BB, which I suppose he is more entertaining for but they're nothing alike." (s I couldn't get it to quote for some reason, my laptop's being weird)

I did say they are nothing alike or not the same thing at all - something like that. But I know my posts can be long so you probably missed it. LOL. No worries. It was in regards to his attitude about trolls and his general work ethic.

Haute le Mode is more for people who are into runway etc. Though he does do other critiques - the 7 days 7 outfits Vogue thing and he recently did some reviews of Alabama girls going over their sorority girl outfits on tik tok which was hilarious. It's more for the person into the intellectual side of the fashion industry. His review of the met galas had me wheezing b/c he holds nothing back and his criticism is so on point but never excessively mean, just funny.

And he is annoying, at first, but he continues to get a lot better and the more I watch the more I realize how much he actually does know. But yeah, I didn't really recommend him, just he gets a ton of views and my point was, even though he is young, he is very mature about taking criticism on board and adapting his material for his audience and he comes to the table very well prepared - like he really does the work - ie UNLIKE BB et al.

I look at a variety of stuff b/c I'm an ex fashion designer/ trend researcher. Lot's of folks won't be interested in that breadth or have the time.

By the way - I actually liked the BB Scotland trip video. Surprise! I mean she did prrrattttllllee on and on and on about the bathrooms and weather but it was so nice to see Scotland and her and Dean doing kind of normal stuff. I think it's funny that they both have to give thumbs up now all the time but yeah, I enjoyed it far more than her fashion content of late. Plus I <3 Scotland.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.