Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a wanker, honestly I hope she didn't supply that job title and I hope she's embarrassed. I bet they are stretching the YouTube montages to be "visual artistry" gimme a flippin' break.

I'm in charge of a huge amount of written and visual content for my company's product consumed by a user base of 1 million users. So I'm going to start calling myself a novelist.
she used to have 'visual artist' in her instagram bio... i just checked and she's under the catrgory 'visual arts' so yeah, she picked that title herself. cringe.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
she used to have 'visual artist' in her instagram bio... i just checked and she's under the catrgory 'visual arts' so yeah, she picked that title herself. cringe.
Haha you know how all the ‘glorified saleswomen’ hate the word ‘influencer’ but happy to be ‘content creator’…still lol at BB thinking she is under visual arts, just because everything has shadow/underexposed doesn’t mean it is art. Yawn

Reactions: 7
And constipated.

Right? I couldn't decide between the vomit emoji and the laughing emoji. WTFF.

Maybe this is rude. BB strikes me as asexual. I'm not talking about showing skin and being trashy. I mean there's zero appealing about her in a sort of human who is wired into the emotional world sort of way. Which, you know, isn't a crime, just, lacking charisma. Yes, she has style, but no magnetism? Or am I the asshole? LOL.

Which goes all goes along with the digestive blockage descriptor I suppose. I referred to these sorts of folks as "jammed up" (meaning constipated emotionally and physically without having to say that). Contextually - "that girl is so jammed up even motor oil wouldn't help".
She's like Hugo on Love Island, Sex Less

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I first saw the 'visual artist' descriptor when I discovered her IG. I assumed she had a background as a creative director, designer or artist.

Her careers video was a real eye-opener for me - she's only ever worked retail and casual holiday jobs. No career in the arts to speak of 😬

Reactions: 10
Yeah like she went to art school, worked retail and worked odd jobs, then became an influencer. JUST OWN THAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's like how Estee Lalonde started calling herself a creative director. Insulting to those with actual creative jobs.

I've got a high school friend whose title on insta is graphic designer/illustrator, she literally traces over photos and gets paid. Meanwhile my pleb ass works in-house, at a massive company, gets pennies because I refuse to play the social media game. Been working in the field for nearly 10 years. I used to share art on deviantart 15+ years ago for my own enjoyment, pre social media. Can you tell I'm bitter? Haha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I like her align collection, but those images are like fraud.

Take this for example, https://aligne.co/collections/britt...coat-black-herringbone?variant=41017191760027, the one that BB wore was so heavily edited with stupid lightning, it looks brown while the one on the website is black (same coat)

Another example:
View attachment 784034View attachment 784036
it's like those shein photos where you know it looks nothing like the garment you're actually going to get ☹

Reactions: 6
@jaymie, yeah, I noticed that too - colors are way off in virtually every shot - and in the shirt she looks like she's about to vomit b/c they didn't isolate the color adjustment to the shirt, her yellowish skin looks jaundiced.

Reactions: 2
I think the aligne collection looks cool b/c of the way she's styled it and the faux colors. The brownish shades are unusual and, to me, very British (Barbourish) but in more current design iterations. And Britney (or the photographer/editor) is on to something there, they knew it looked better this way. Except the actual products aren't those interesting shades at all.

In reality, it's extremely basic design in bog standard color combinations (Christmas green/black, black and white etc.) with odd proportions (particularly on her) - elasticated waist middie skirt, matching top that hangs on her, frumpy dirndl dress, a boring liner jacket (too late to the party for being so basic), flat looking denim which, denim fit/details are tricky for a non-denim specific design team. In my experience, denim bought from brands who don't specialize somewhat in it - hit or miss - mainly miss.

It's a bit Alexa Chung on a budget but doesn't have the unique point of view and details. I love that aligne seem to genuinely incorporate sustainable practices without overselling that fact - it doesn't appear to be greenwashing. Britney does make it look more interesting but the consumer is going to be disappointed with the product if they think it looks like her photos. I still appreciate the effort and you could make the individual pieces work.

What do you think about her unpredictable release of any content? The time lapse seems to be increasing too and I suspect she's conflicted about the whole thing. She had said when getting the studio space that this was going to organize her and every Monday she'd release something this way and be on it. Doesn't appear that is happening...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think the aligne collection looks cool b/c of the way she's styled it and the faux colors. The brownish shades are unusual and, to me, very British (Barbourish) but in more current design iterations. And Britney (or the photographer/editor) is on to something there, they knew it looked better this way. Except the actual products aren't those interesting shades at all.

In reality, it's extremely basic design in bog standard color combinations (Christmas green/black, black and white etc.) with odd proportions (particularly on her) - elasticated waist middie skirt, matching top that hangs on her, frumpy dirndl dress, a boring liner jacket (too late to the party for being so basic), flat looking denim which, denim fit/details are tricky for a non-denim specific design team. In my experience, denim bought from brands who don't specialize somewhat in it - hit or miss - mainly miss.

It's a bit Alexa Chung on a budget but doesn't have the unique point of view and details. I love that aligne seem to genuinely incorporate sustainable practices without overselling that fact - it doesn't appear to be greenwashing. Britney does make it look more interesting but the consumer is going to be disappointed with the product if they think it looks like her photos. I still appreciate the effort and you could make the individual pieces work.

What do you think about her unpredictable release of any content? The time lapse seems to be increasing too and I suspect she's conflicted about the whole thing. She had said when getting the studio space that this was going to organize her and every Monday she'd release something this way and be on it. Doesn't appear that is happening...
Well said!
CF05EB50-7C36-4635-9774-C3F9C3D2C922.png
02FE7EE3-4C8B-4050-A3F3-AD874FB11223.png

When I saw it on BB, I thought oh nice, is a nice grandpa brown but the actual product is black

Reactions: 3
She’s too busy going on vacation

Attachments

• Haha
I actually really liked the coat in the photos, the brownish colour was way more interesting to me than the black and white herringbone :/

Reactions: 6
I actually really liked the coat in the photos, the brownish colour was way more interesting to me than the black and white herringbone :/
Same! I was so glad to see the brown colour coat. Is not something that the market currently offer
me three! I think they can do a lookbook out of her, but to put her pictures as part of the product is frankly misleading.

Pretty much retail 101 getting product accurately displayed, otherwise you're gonna get a ton of complaints. I understand for a look book warmer looks nice but fix the white balance! In the other photos (especially from behind) the jacket looks sad.

Reactions: 4
I feel like you guys might really this video. I found it exceptionally interesting and like this presenter so much. Luxury fashion/fashion industry in general and changes in society values and norms after COVID and sustainability/diversity & inclusion etc. It features the real designers designers too like JPG, Demna Gvasalia, Daniel Roseberry, also the editor of The Perfect...

It's 20 mins but BB hasn't been posting so maybe you have some time? (no prattle :ROFLMAO:)

Synopsis:
Founder and CEO of The Business of Fashion, Imran Amed travels to Paris for the first time since global lockdowns to find designers Demna Gvasalia of Balenciaga and Marine Serre exploring provocative strategies toward building a more socially and environmentally conscious fashion industry.

Link:

xo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.