Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It'll be interesting to see how she edits Marlene Birger. It can get very "middle aged mum" very quickly. Nothing wrong with a middle aged mum and this would be a sophisticated mum who likes to go to art galleries and sometimes wears bright colored spectacles and buys jewelry at the museum gift shop (next stage: Prue Leith with glasses on a chain) :ROFLMAO:. BB was already progressing in this direction I reckon. I wonder if she can make it more youthful?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel offended, lol! I wear a lot of Malene Birger, and I’m not a middle aged mum, nor do I go to galleries.

just had a look at their current website. It all looks huge and chunky this season. Maybe skip for now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh man, I'm sorry Nova! Ooops. Foot in mouth disease. I mean it can get that way...not always. Especially on BB I reckon. I think the whole minimalist look can get this way - can make someone look older. Conversely it can also look sophisticated - which BB pulls off most of the time. I really like the white shirt in the current line with the big pocket. It is Scandinavian and they always seem to look chic - just in the wrong hands it can look dowdy. Am I digging further in? LOL. I'm hopeless.

Last edited:
Oh I'm so sorry Nova. Foot in mouth. I mean it can get that way...not always. Especially on BB I reckon. I think the whole minimalist look can get this way - can make someone look older. Conversely it can also look sophisticated. I really like the white shirt in the current line with the big pocket. It is Scandinavian and they always seem to look chic - just in the wrong hands it can look dowdy. Am I digging further in? LOL. I'm hopeless.

A lot of times the things I don't like I do like on the right person. Does that make sense? One should not spout absolutes. My bad, didn't mean to be such a jerk :)
I was only joking. I’m not that easily offended!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
P.S. I'm middle aged and I go to galleries and have a fear of both looking mutton dressed as lamb and lamb dressed as mutton so my opinion is likely projection of my own worries!

Phew! And I edited that down b/c my propensity to wax lyrical is getting out of control.

• Haha
Someone said earlier that she likely isn’t posting the trip chronologically due to fear of being burgled if it is in real time. Would make sense that it happened earlier.

Burgled (I think they didn’t say that).What a weird word. One of those you say over again and wonder if that’s right b/c it sounds nonsensical. Or maybe I’m the weirdo.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I hate all these ‘minimalist’ influencers slapping on that underexposed filter on every picture.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully they have people house sitting in both places… I am from Norwich (though haven’t lived there for 15 years now) and I know exactly where her flat is just from the view out the window when she was showing romantic shots of her dreamily gazing out at the snow. I don’t think the majority of burglars are going to sit through a 30 min vlog about moving large concrete coffee tables around in order to scout out locations, but what would I know 🤣

On a different note, I’ve been watching her Australia vlogs filmed in Jan 2020 - she is a different person! She mentions the bush fires and what people can do to help, she is happy and relaxed, her clothes aren’t hiding her, etc. I know it’s easier to be happy and relaxed when you’re on holiday in your favourite place, but the contrast is really stark. Mentioning charities and causes that she cares about - I don’t think she’s really done that since the pandemic struck. Perhaps she signed to her agency after this but before lockdown? I know it’s tricky as some people think influencers shouldn’t say anything but others do.

That all said, she does seem more upbeat now although as has been mentioned, it does seem a bit forced/awkward and occasionally a bit cheesy (all the thumbs up is the kind of thing you do to a friend not your fashion audience all the time?). But it’s nice to see her happier, I think the van was a great project for both of them to work on something as a team, like their house. I used to really love her vlogs and still like them but I must admit furnishing a whole (expensive) flat in designer goods in lockdown 2 was jarring and not that appealing - their van and house is different as they worked on that, whereas with the flat she just buys stuff. There’s less creativity there. Don’t get me started on the Paul Smith Mini thing 🤣🤣🤣 who thought that was a suitable collaboration when sh can’t drive (even if it’s a prototype that won’t be driven, I think it’s stupid 🤣).

Reactions: 8
I am so confused. Dean's stories seem to be a good 24 hours ahead of our Brittany's. She's saying it's time for the campervan's maiden voyage whilst he's already half way up a mountain, and she still managed to do the live chat for Malene Birger (from a car park somewhere in the Brecon Beacons? 😂 ). Maybe they put a time machine in there along with the formica table tops.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did you guys watch the Marlene Birger thing? It was a little tricky to find. I did so to check out if my theory about it going mumsie quite easily was correct. LOL.

It was done in her flat. It was definitely presented as though it was live but it was very short and she didn't interact with the people commenting so I'm not sure if it actually was? I think she was very nervous/awkward because she can't do this sort of thing over and over again and her anxiety about talking "off the cuff" probs off the charts. She did okay but needed a bit more makeup (looked really washed out) and many of the pieces, while they are supposed to be oversized just swamped her. The pants suffered from being shortened without proportionally tailoring the leg etc.

I do think she is possibly staggering the yt releases for security fears. I don't think many people are casing them either but you never know and we all know that BB tends to the side of worry so I can see her being very concerned about. I also think her taste isn't what most are going for in that trade though everyone has stuff people can steal - tech stuff.

I think the camper van is tres cute! It's just boring how she presented it last time. Dean is much better at presenting it (at least visually).

Reactions: 3
BB really does believe she's ~not like the other influencers~

duck off with the "visual artist" bullshit. WTF even is that? she takes photos of her outfits and does vlogs. how is that any different from every other influencer?

Reactions: 19
Whenever I look at BB, she always looks like she is severely dehydrated.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whenever I look at BB, she always looks like she is severely dehydrated.
And constipated.

BB really does believe she's ~not like the other influencers~

duck off with the "visual artist" bullshit. WTF even is that? she takes photos of her outfits and does vlogs. how is that any different from every other influencer?
Right? I couldn't decide between the vomit emoji and the laughing emoji. WTFF.

Maybe this is rude. BB strikes me as asexual. I'm not talking about showing skin and being trashy. I mean there's zero appealing about her in a sort of human who is wired into the emotional world sort of way. Which, you know, isn't a crime, just, lacking charisma. Yes, she has style, but no magnetism? Or am I the asshole? LOL.

Which goes all goes along with the digestive blockage descriptor I suppose. I referred to these sorts of folks as "jammed up" (meaning constipated emotionally and physically without having to say that). Contextually - "that girl is so jammed up even motor oil wouldn't help".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
And constipated.

Maybe this is rude. BB strikes me as asexual. I'm not talking about showing skin and being trashy. I mean there's zero appealing about her in a sort of human who is wired into the emotional world sort of way. Which, you know, isn't a crime, just, lacking charisma. Yes, she has style, but no magnetism? Or am I the asshole? LOL.

Which goes all goes along with the digestive blockage descriptor I suppose. I referred to these sorts of folks as "jammed up" (meaning constipated emotionally and physically without having to say that). Contextually - "that girl is so jammed up even motor oil wouldn't help".
Those weird staged thumbs up dances she’s recently started posting don’t help this image at all!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And constipated.

Totally this always thought boyfriend was gay too maybe that why he’s with her as she is so asexual and thought that’s why they split up

Reactions: 9
Totally this always thought boyfriend was gay too maybe that why he’s with her as she is so asexual and thought that’s why they split up
Well they could be each other’s beards? An engagement that long with no (public) talks of ever marrying…I didn’t even know they were engaged until I did a deep dive on the two of them

Reactions: 5
What a wanker, honestly I hope she didn't supply that job title and I hope she's embarrassed. I bet they are stretching the YouTube montages to be "visual artistry" gimme a flippin' break.

I'm in charge of a huge amount of written and visual content for my company's product consumed by a user base of 1 million users. So I'm going to start calling myself a novelist.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.