Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder how the aging process will affect her face, body and her style. Having great style can really help one to roll with it and not freak out and try to reverse it with tons of fillers, botox and surgery. But, you do have to adapt and have some self possession. It can be quite a process for many. I'm not sure she is up for being truly honest and relatable in this way. Will she still be wearing giant coats and ugly shoes? I always laugh when people profess they have found their true style as most of the time it's just a version of the current trends and in a few years it's quite different. Brittany does have pretty specific tastes but her confidence is a bit wobbly. It is rare that someone stays fairly consistent through their life. Those folks tend to be way more original and trailblazers more than influencers. I think of Vivienne Westwood, Zandra Rhodes, Iris Arpel, Helen Mirren, Carine Roitfeld ...All very different but comfortable in their own skin. I've noticed her being unprepared and apologizing more than normal. A lot of times the apologizing is her projecting her own annoyance. For example, we can't hear the neighbors washing machine or see the solicitor's office across the street, or hear a car alarm but it's clear that she is really bothered by it so this is her way of expressing that. I have noticed that this is happening more since she split with Dean. It's disingenuous and self conscious too. I prefer, for example, Lizzy saying something's really annoying her or saying "just go away or shut up". It seems like a little thing, but it's telling of her insecurities right now. I can't get my words out, sorry, thought I was seeing something in the mirror etc. She should really cut back on that and edit or just be honest about it instead of couching it in "I'm so sorry for you having to listen to it" say it's bloody f'ing annoying. That would be funny (in small doses). Also, if you don't know where you got something, what size it is, or if it's still available, go found out quickly and then film. It just adds to the mumble mumble blather. Not sure what size this is, where I got it, if it's available, how to pronounce, oh, sorry, I've got a bit of a phobia about... sleep anxiety etc. Oh sorry for being sorry. I know I do it. Oh I'm prattling on. Then try to stop doing it. For crying out loud. LOL. Plus, the power of you not being live is you can actually edit that out (or most of it). Occasionally it's totally fine and human, even endearing, but with her it's become a crutch and hyperbolic whinge. I didn't get much sleep last night with all that's going on becomes "I have sleep anxiety". Trust me, I'm anxious too. I don't mind revealing that but once a vlog is enough. If I'm doing a presentation to a bunch of people I try to suck it up and sound like I know what I'm talking about and not prattle on about how nervous I am (even though I may be). People aren't terribly interested in your neuroses beyond a point. Preparation helps. I found this latest video a bit phoning it in. Oh, I think I told you I was going to talk about outfits, so this is a sweater and some pants etc. Not very inspired or considered. The running thing might actually be interesting. Don't worry so much Brittany, you don't have to explain and if people find it boring f 'em. Having a little enthusiasm and less whining would be good. The books are always interesting, except she tries to pontificate when she is out of depth. I can't believe she didn't know that clip book lights didn't exist. What? But that does look like a nice one. Overall this latest vlog is way better than the beauty haul (isn't saying a lot). Ah well, upwards a little bit. Hope it continues...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I often wonder how the aging process will affect her face, body and her style. Having great style can really help one to roll with it and not freak out and try to reverse it with tons of fillers, botox and surgery. But, you do have to adapt and have some self possession. It can be quite a process for many. I'm not sure she is up for being truly honest and relatable in this way. Will she still be wearing giant coats and ugly shoes? I always laugh when people profess they have found their true style as most of the time it's just a version of the current trends and in a few years it's quite different. Brittany does have pretty specific tastes but her confidence is a bit wobbly. It is rare that someone stays fairly consistent through their life. Those folks tend to be way more original and trailblazers more than influencers. I think of Vivienne Westwood, Zandra Rhodes, Iris Arpel, Helen Mirren, Carine Roitfeld ...All very different but comfortable in their own skin. I've noticed her being unprepared and apologizing more than normal. A lot of times the apologizing is her projecting her own annoyance. For example, we can't hear the neighbors washing machine or see the solicitor's office across the street, or hear a car alarm but it's clear that she is really bothered by it so this is her way of expressing that. I have noticed that this is happening more since she split with Dean. It's disingenuous and self conscious too. I prefer, for example, Lizzy saying something's really annoying her or saying "just go away or shut up". It seems like a little thing, but it's telling of her insecurities right now. I can't get my words out, sorry, thought I was seeing something in the mirror etc. She should really cut back on that and edit or just be honest about it instead of couching it in "I'm so sorry for you having to listen to it" say it's bloody f'ing annoying. That would be funny (in small doses). Also, if you don't know where you got something, what size it is, or if it's still available, go found out quickly and then film. It just adds to the mumble mumble blather. Not sure what size this is, where I got it, if it's available, how to pronounce, oh, sorry, I've got a bit of a phobia about... sleep anxiety etc. Oh sorry for being sorry. I know I do it. Oh I'm prattling on. Then try to stop doing it. For crying out loud. LOL. Plus, the power of you not being live is you can actually edit that out (or most of it). Occasionally it's totally fine and human, even endearing, but with her it's become a crutch and hyperbolic whinge. I didn't get much sleep last night with all that's going on becomes "I have sleep anxiety". Trust me, I'm anxious too. I don't mind revealing that but once a vlog is enough. If I'm doing a presentation to a bunch of people I try to suck it up and sound like I know what I'm talking about and not prattle on about how nervous I am (even though I may be). People aren't terribly interested in your neuroses beyond a point. Preparation helps. I found this latest video a bit phoning it in. Oh, I think I told you I was going to talk about outfits, so this is a sweater and some pants etc. Not very inspired or considered. The running thing might actually be interesting. Don't worry so much Brittany, you don't have to explain and if people find it boring f 'em. Having a little enthusiasm and less whining would be good. The books are always interesting, except she tries to pontificate when she is out of depth. I can't believe she didn't know that clip book lights didn't exist. What? But that does look like a nice one. Overall this latest vlog is way better than the beauty haul (isn't saying a lot). Ah well, upwards a little bit. Hope it continues...
Sorry, I don't mean to be patronising and insufferable but please could you break up your text into paragraphs next time?

😬 my granny eyes would be very grateful

Reactions: 15
Ah yes i really noticed the constant apologising in her latest vlog. It is a pet peeve when vloggers apologise for a sound that we QUITE CLEARLY CAN'T HEAR so why don't they just edit it out? She could condense her vlogs down by at least 15 minutes of mumbling. It is quite obvious she relies on the aesthetics rather than the actual content.

I thought it was funny when she said something like 'most people seem to like fashion content' and i'm thinking, well yeah, you're a fashion influencer, right???

Reactions: 9
Ah yes i really noticed the constant apologising in her latest vlog. It is a pet peeve when vloggers apologise for a sound that we QUITE CLEARLY CAN'T HEAR so why don't they just edit it out? She could condense her vlogs down by at least 15 minutes of mumbling. It is quite obvious she relies on the aesthetics rather than the actual content.

I thought it was funny when she said something like 'most people seem to like fashion content' and i'm thinking, well yeah, you're a fashion influencer, right???
This is what I've been saying the whole time. BB makes things look really good but that's her whole personality. Once she starts talking you realise how empty and boring her life actually is. I wish she'd edit out all those mumbling pointless bits. It feels very much like it's just too full out the vlog because she's got nothing else to do/say.

Sorry, I don't mean to be patronising and insufferable but please could you break up your text into paragraphs next time?

😬 my granny eyes would be very grateful
I can try <3 I just tend to write what I feel and not worry too much about formatting because it's not formal writing but I do see your point for sure! I'm flattered that you bother trying to read anything I write.

Yes, and it's clearly her problem, not her "consideration" of her listeners. It's a way of her getting her low tolerance with interruption out. I'm similar actually in that noise really bugs me. I'm super sensitive to anything buzzing or even if I'm talking to someone and a siren goes off or my mum is talking to me while rifling around in a drawer. I really can't think about anything else except that noise.

I'm a total neurotic and I wish I wasn't. Movie theaters are a nightmare, I focus on a person rustling a plastic bag of sweets and it destroys my whole experience. And it's not the person's fault, it's me and some sort of brain wiring fault. LOL. I've finally accepted this and just deal with it or to those I know best explain what's going on, and those who love me come back to the conversation. Well, my mum finally does now. Of course at first it was like don't be stupid, just ignore it.

I really can't. It's like I'm on the autism spectrum (cusp). Ha. Not that that's funny, but I'm in good company. Jerry Seinfeld talks about feeling like he is too. But how much more relatable to say "I hope you can't hear that, I'm have this thing..." than, "I apologize for the noise, the street has the audacity to exist while I'm doing my fashion vlog". Hahahahahaha. Okay, now I'm going to put this into paragraphs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I can try <3 I just tend to write what I feel and not worry too much about formatting because it's not formal writing but I do see your point for sure! I'm flattered that you bother trying to read anything I write.
Your posts are actually one of my favorites, @brerwhabbit. Always insightful and enjoyable to read. But yeah, I would also appreciate some line breaks now and then, too. 😅

Back to BB. I actually tried to "watch" her latest video because I like to have things on in the background while I work and half pay attention. But even I had to turn it off because of the constant waffling on. She's a very reserved person, so you don't see a big range of highs and lows
with her; my mental image of her at her most excited is, "So, an exciting thing happened, which is [X]. I'm quite pleased and cannot wait to share with you all." It feels crappy to say because it's not like she can change her personality, but it makes for very boring viewing. I'd rather have Lizzy on in the background, sniffles and breathless anxiety and all, maybe because she provides more of a range of emotion that's easier to connect with.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is what I've been saying the whole time. BB makes things look really good but that's her whole personality. Once she starts talking you realise how empty and boring her life actually is. I wish she'd edit out all those mumbling pointless bits. It feels very much like it's just too full out the vlog because she's got nothing else to do/say.
Yes, I know snarkvark, you've known of her for years. The rest of us are coming around to your assessment :) That said, I feel for her, probably because I haven't known her like you and the bullying she used to perpetrate. That would probably make me loathe to empathize. I do think it's a struggle right now to have a life. But there are things she could do. Maybe she has more severe depression that we realize. I'm trying to be kind. Objectively though, it is exactly as you say. It's almost as if she prides herself on the vlogs being 45 mins long. And I don't mind a 45 minute vlog at all if it's edited. But just as with writing, if you are going to get paid for something, put out your best not stream of consciousness. You're not Proust Brittany (neither am I, apparently, LOL). In my defense, I will say, I expect no one to listen or read me :)

Your posts are actually one of my favorites, @brerwhabbit. Always insightful and enjoyable to read. But yeah, I would also appreciate some line breaks now and then, too. 😅

Yes. I see that now. What a disaster. I was just typing away not realizing. LOL. It's good criticism for sure. You guys aren't wrong. Ha.

Back to BB. I actually tried to "watch" her latest video because I like to have things on in the background while I work and half pay attention. But even I had to turn it off because of the constant waffling on. She's a very reserved person, so you don't see a big range of highs and lows
with her; my mental image of her at her most excited is, "So, an exciting thing happened, which is [X]. I'm quite pleased and cannot wait to share with you all." It feels crappy to say because it's not like she can change her personality, but it makes for very boring viewing. I'd rather have Lizzy on in the background, sniffles and breathless anxiety and all, maybe because she provides more of a range of emotion that's easier to connect with.
It does feel somewhat crappy. I mean who am I? You know? Is my life so fabulous and exciting? But there is the difference in that she's getting paid a lot to do this and it is a two way interaction. I totally agree about Lizzy. She's privileged and boring at times too but more entertaining and honest. And yes, it's the range of emotions that provides more. Her neurosis is more, omg what is happening with my eye than I apologize for others existing. It's somehow more forgivable, more real, less contrived. Not that Lizzy is above critique.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I actually don't understand the collaboration with Made.com . In influncers' world, Made.com is just like ikea. Her single furniture in her living room will be more expensive that all the furniture combined from Made.com. She is going to sell them soon

Reactions: 5
I actually don't understand the collaboration with Made.com . In influncers' world, Made.com is just like ikea. Her single furniture in her living room will be more expensive that all the furniture combined from Made.com. She is going to sell them soon
BB has mentioned work is slow right now and so this ad seems even more inauthentic now....

Reactions: 1
Ugh was just looking on Made thinking I might treat my flat to a piece from there. It kills me seeing these influencers furnish their flats for free when I'm using my Xmas money to treat myself to plant pots 🤦‍♀️ what has this world come to ?

• Heart
I thought the same, she's furnishing a whole flat and not bought anything from there, only taking a freebie when they pay her to.

Reactions: 2
I just found her recently but I've got to say that her content is a breath of fresh air to me. Although I can't relate to the insane amount of money she must spend on clothes and shoes every month, I love her style and found many cheaper "dupes". I've grown sick and tired of influencers shilling the same bloody things without offering any new content (looking at you, Anna and Lily) but Brittany seems more innovative. I love the videos where she goes through her wardrobe comparing coats for example and being real about whether she'd repurchase or not. I know many find her dull and boring but I just find her content calming for my anxious brain 😅

Reactions: 6
I just found her recently but I've got to say that her content is a breath of fresh air to me. Although I can't relate to the insane amount of money she must spend on clothes and shoes every month, I love her style and found many cheaper "dupes". I've grown sick and tired of influencers shilling the same bloody things without offering any new content (looking at you, Anna and Lily) but Brittany seems more innovative. I love the videos where she goes through her wardrobe comparing coats for example and being real about whether she'd repurchase or not. I know many find her dull and boring but I just find her content calming for my anxious brain 😅
HAHA! Someone mentioned that she is the wholesaler for many other influencers in one of the thread, so yeah she serves two markets

• Haha
hahah true, it seems like especially Anna tries (and regularly fails) to copy her style. I just find her so effortless, she doesn't have to try hard to be cool or only displays her (kind of) minimalist style when it suits her (again, other than Anna who keeps harping on about minimalism but just loves materialistic shite too much).
(promise I'm not BB undercover, I just find she sticks out from the crowd of influencers who are all the same lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
hahah true, it seems like especially Anna tries (and regularly fails) to copy her style. I just find her so effortless, she doesn't have to try hard to be cool or only displays her (kind of) minimalist style when it suits her (again, other than Anna who keeps harping on about minimalism but just loves materialistic shite too much).
(promise I'm not BB undercover, I just find she sticks out from the crowd of influencers who are all the same lol)
Once you've been following BB a while you realise nothing she does is "effortless." Everything is carefully curatedd to look ~perfect~ and it starts to become incredibly contrived and false.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Once you've been following BB a while you realise nothing she does is "effortless." Everything is carefully curatedd to look ~perfect~ and it starts to become incredibly contrived and false.
OMG totally, the tip to love her (or love any influencers) is to dip in and out.

Reactions: 1
Maybe "effortless" wasn't the best choice of words. Of course everything is curated to fit a certain narrative, but I find her more authentic than other influencers. I like that she shows off her style but also includes moments that make her seem human, like talking about mental health or including a snippet which showed her cleaning her bathroom like us "normal" people fully with ugly rubber gloves scrubbing her toilet, which definitely doesn't fit her style lol. I can't imagine Lily or Lizzie doing that. Idk, maybe it's just me...

Reactions: 4
Maybe "effortless" wasn't the best choice of words. Of course everything is curated to fit a certain narrative, but I find her more authentic than other influencers. I like that she shows off her style but also includes moments that make her seem human, like talking about mental health or including a snippet which showed her cleaning her bathroom like us "normal" people fully with ugly rubber gloves scrubbing her toilet, which definitely doesn't fit her style lol. I can't imagine Lily or Lizzie doing that. Idk, maybe it's just me...
There's a rave thread for BB if you want to sing her praises......

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.