Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't think of anything witty to say about the fact Dean is now also rocking a balaclava, so I'll just upload the screenshot instead

Dean seems very sweet and is very stylish IMHO but again no-one looks good in a balaclava! Unless they are planning a venture into drill music or becoming high fashion models they should leave them alone 🙅🏾‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do you think that BB will support Arket's Christmas decorations (below)? I think not, that would be too much fun.

Instead? Perhaps dried orange peel again? Or maybe she could suspend a single branch from the ceiling with one bauble? Something else cribbed from a minimalist Pinterest board?

I would like one Sasquatch, one pink poodle and multiples of the blue octopus please.

PS. Speaking of mood/pinterest boards, do you recall her saying she made a mood board for her hair dye appointment? LOL. How bad did that stylist want to do a repetitive eye roll back into their skull?
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.59.12 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
i find it strange that BB doesn't address why she moved out, what changed, and why she's moving back. It's all shrouded in mystery. either share your relationship or don't. but puttig little snippets online and expecting your audience to nod along as if they have a clue what the duck is happening is very bizarre behaviour. It's odd to 'break up' with a long term partner, move out and completely furnish and decoorate a new rental only to move back in with your previous partner a year later. I feel we're owed somewhat of an explanation. I don't expect all the gory ins and outs. a simple "we were struggling with X and we've resolved that" would suffice.
I'm new to her and have only seen this new video which popped up on my YT so came here just to see why she moved out and is moving in with the same guy.. it seems very odd

Do you think that BB will support Arket's Christmas decorations (below)? I think not, that would be too much fun.

Instead? Perhaps dried orange peel again? Or maybe she could suspend a single branch from the ceiling with one bauble? Something else cribbed from a minimalist Pinterest board?

I would like one Sasquatch, one pink poodle and multiples of the blue octopus please.

PS. Speaking of mood/pinterest boards, do you recall her saying she made a mood board for her hair dye appointment? LOL. How bad did that stylist want to do a repetitive eye roll back into their skull?
View attachment 916301
“suspend a single branch from the ceiling with one bauble?” Hahahahahahahahah I just spat out my egg nog

• Haha
Reactions: 6
i think we're all v careful when it comes to talking about BB's mental health. none of us minimised her MH struggles. and besides, we didn't measure her struggles because of her capabilities either. a level or privilege affords people – and especially straight, white, thin, and affluent women (yeah i said it) like BB – to get help to overcome their struggles easily. to pretend otherwise is low and sad. BB has the access and the money to go to therapy that will help her be aware of struggles unbeknownst to her. we all need therapy but unfortunately only some of us can afford it.

my take was never "she's white she can't talk about her struggles". my take was she's white and she has a lot of privilege that comes with that and no amount of excessive moaning and idk stealing content ideas from small influencers is going to help. neither is it cool for her to excessively deride what she has been doing all along (influencing) after making a lot of money, doing over her kitchen for free, buying a tit load of expensive trousers while crying out sustainability (what a load of bullcrap) or refusing to accept her privilege. if you think im vilifying BB or making juvenile arguments then so be it. those born with power and privilege are and will always be complicit in the system that actively deteriorates the humanity of those who aren't born born with power and privilege. the privileged don't need so much coddling.

You say:

it actually does help spearhead conversations about mental health issues that POC deal with. if someone like BB has all the privilege in the world but is constantly just whining and putting on a fake persona to make money (if influencing was truly "icky" she would've stopped, not accepted every deal in the book and also gloated about it) instead of actively getting help, how is a POC going to get any help at all? not everyone has access to museums and shiny objects to help soothe their anxiety. neither is a deal with MADE.com going to help me get out of depression.

talking about white people having privilege isn't going to magically change your life overnight. but it will make people like BB be aware of her standing in society and make her want to start the conversation with her fellow white peers that will eventually get the ball rolling on other important conversations which will have a deeper impact on society. literally where is the awareness with BB? with the amount of privilege she has, instead of whining BB can talk about therapy. she can donate her clothes. bring friends from the fashion industry, who are different than her, to talk about style and why clothes are only made to fit one type of person. she can talk about body dysmorphia. why is she calling herself sustainable but buying expensive ass products every week and selling the old clothes on depop when she can use a piece to its fullest potential? you've clearly made up your mind to make excuses for BB so lol, okay
didnt She say she gives all the money from depop sales for a good cause

I unsubscribed and honestly forgot she existed, then her Christmas vlog showed on my suggested videos and started to auto play. She's in an airport and has taken her mask off to vlog. Because when you're a vlogger you're special and you don't have to abide by the rules :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The Christmas vlog was a long one. I am going to contradict myself here: for all the frustrations we had on her living alone and decking out her new apartment, I suddenly miss it?

Reactions: 3
It seemed long but only 33 mins, which is short for her. I found it smug and braggy throughout couched in faux humility. She feels very good about herself. Which I suppose is a positive though it seems she flits from one side of the pendulum to the other - based on external circumstance. How many times did she proudly declare for my job, my work, show her being fawned over? It’s a bit nauseating.

I would have liked more coverage of Barcelona itself not her proving that she does have work and a relationship? I think she likely gets these jobs from her agent and also friends like Abi? And these opportunities come because she is an influencer despite her thinking she’s above all that.

I liked the Fife (little that I saw of it) and the interiors in Barcelona. I thought the wreath looked nice on the door. Other than that really a mishmash of footage. I agree that I prefer the previous stuff relatively as there was more continuity in the footage of her alone in her flat - much easier to film, “edit”, and have cohesion. Not the content but less choppy.

She can’t win can she? Well she could but not with a few tweaks - more a hard graft concerted effort to work on stuff other than self promotion - which aligns back to the thread title I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I like britters tbh. Yes she can be tedious big style but she has humility which is sadly lacking in so many other influencers ( Linda and Lizzy )
Eeek …. I always think she looks great with the exception of the balaclava 🤣
Sometimes she’s her own worst enemy. On balance I really don’t think she’s in the right job as it clearly affects her mental health and there is no way on gods earth I could put myself out there for everyone to pick apart both good and bad. She would be far better behind the scenes working for a brand as a stylist.
IMHO obvs !

Reactions: 8
I like britters tbh. Yes she can be tedious big style but she has humility which is sadly lacking in so many other influencers ( Linda and Lizzy )
Sometimes she’s her own worst enemy. On balance I really don’t think she’s in the right job as it clearly affects her mental health and there is no way on gods earth I could put myself out there for everyone to pick apart both good and bad. She would be far better behind the scenes working for a brand as a stylist.
IMHO obvs !
Agree with this. Well not the humility, I think that's an act personally and maybe that is what she is working towards. She does look good most of the time, have a knack for photo styling (although she does copy others work which should stop), and is not as abrasive as other influencers in the click bait territory.

I feel she is deeply insecure, which most of us are, but in this work it is exacerbated and she turns towards copying which can't feel good when you struggle with identity, imposter syndrome. I dislike her minimalist/ sustainable claims/ speeches when she anything but - it's all stylistic and superficial. She's doing those less recently. Perhaps she got the hint that empty words are worse than no words.

But yes, there are things that draw me back so she is definitely not completely devoid of skill - just would be better redeployed behind the scenes where she might be able to let go of the having to "keep up with others/ be better than" under current which seems pretty pervasive in this field.

Last edited:
IMHO obvs !
I also agree! I think she is far better than the other influencers, as you rightly mention ( Lizzy and Linda) she also seems to put a concerted effort into her vlogs. Not all of them might be to everyones taste but she does put in the effort unlike lizzy's who's vlogs these days are tedious to watch. Lizzy has become arrogant and lazy too boot. She just comes across scruffy and can't be @rsed when filming but obvs doing it for the sponsorship money.

I also like Brittanys partner and think he does bring a positive creative influence on her.

Yes, at points she can be tedious or come across try hard but I guess that is what an influencer these days.

I for one couldn't do this job. Sounds and looks great when they get gifted so much but to put yourself out there like that has connotations of narcissism.

Reactions: 4
I also agree! I think she is far better than the other influencers, as you rightly mention ( Lizzy and Linda) she also seems to put a concerted effort into her vlogs. Not all of them might be to everyones taste but she does put in the effort unlike lizzy's who's vlogs these days are tedious to watch. Lizzy has become arrogant and lazy too boot. She just comes across scruffy and can't be @rsed when filming but obvs doing it for the sponsorship money.

I also like Brittanys partner and think he does bring a positive creative influence on her.

Yes, at points she can be tedious or come across try hard but I guess that is what an influencer these days.

I for one couldn't do this job. Sounds and looks great when they get gifted so much but to put yourself out there like that has connotations of narcissism.
I still like Brittany too and enjoyed her last vlog, I equate parts of the influencing culture to receiving loads of vouchers at Christmas from shops you don't *really* shop at - you end up really having to think about things to buy that you don't really need, so you end up buying loads so it doesn't go to waste but isn't the same as saving up for something you really want!

I really enjoyed her Christmas vlog, I would liked to have seen more of what she actually saw/did in each of those places. I also loved the black dress she wore with the large bow.

She could have completely skipped the first 5 minutes of privilege explaining etc etc. An #everyhotelisgifted would have covered it. I do wonder what she is hoping to achieve by saying all of that at the start. If she wants to be truly transparent she could list everything that is gifted in her videos (regardless of when it was gifted) and the price. Once when I was doom scrolling I searched the price for everything in one Instagram pic and it was RIDICULOUS. You’d need to be earning waaaaaaaaaaay above the UK average to keep up with these influencers.

Reactions: 4
My biggest problems with B is that she just talks and talks and talks discussing her decision process between choosing to wear white shirt or an off-white shirt. I could do without all that and just see the end result.

Reactions: 12
Was she working with Mango when in Barcelona? She's wearing their jeans (and I think boots?) in a couple of her photos on Instagram today. Don't think I've ever seen her wear Mango before?

I really enjoyed her Christmas vlog, I would liked to have seen more of what she actually saw/did in each of those places. I also loved the black dress she wore with the large bow.

She could have completely skipped the first 5 minutes of privilege explaining etc etc. An #everyhotelisgifted would have covered it. I do wonder what she is hoping to achieve by saying all of that at the start. If she wants to be truly transparent she could list everything that is gifted in her videos (regardless of when it was gifted) and the price. Once when I was doom scrolling I searched the price for everything in one Instagram pic and it was RIDICULOUS. You’d need to be earning waaaaaaaaaaay above the UK average to keep up with these influencers.
Super ridiculous! Sometimes I wonder who their target audience is, who would be able to afford such items.

Becoming very unrelatable in terms of affordability!
Just becoming very unrealistic now as they don’t tend to wear anything under 100.

Was she working with Mango when in Barcelona? She's wearing their jeans (and I think boots?) in a couple of her photos on Instagram today. Don't think I've ever seen her wear Mango before?
Good spot would make sense if she is filming in Barceloana.

I’ve never seen her wear anythign high street. Too beneath them

Throw some money at them and they wear anything though ey.
Same with Lizzy Hadfield x River Island - keeps them in the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed to when they're paid to promote the fast fashion brands they all claimed to have sworn off previously due to poor treatment of staff/environmental ethics etc

i really do wonder how people genuinely can afford what these influencers shill - or is it just a big illusion. I earn a decent wage and I deliberate over spending more that £30 for a top, or more Than £40 for a pair of jeans and can’t understand how these influencers can spend £300 on a basic jumper or £500 on a bag as it can’t ALL be gifted!

Yes, it is a collab with mango. She included a clip where you can clearly see it on the clapperboard.

Reactions: 1